Bible Speaks

• Views 813
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe It’s Not Cold On the Moon? ~ ? We have been there though? - Fly me to the moon? - ??? - I like the Song too! ?

We  know,  its  very  very  cold  on the  moon !  Nobody  can  breathe  there,  without  a  special  space-travel  suit !  YOUR  HEAD - LINE  IS  A  JOKE  @Bible Speaks  hahaha

Somebody quickly build a Starbucks there or those pioneers will never survive.

Posted Images

• 6 years later...

…. when I was a boy, around 1955, I met an old black man named “Hurricane” Jackson, that worked for my father, a general contractor. Jackson  was a laborer, carrying wood, bricks, digging trenches, things like that.

In the fall of 1957, the Soviet Union launched the first artificial satellite, Sputnik, and as a 9 year old, I was very excited about that.

Thermos bottles back then were stainless steel, but made from injected glass with an inner wall and an outer wall, and the air was evacuated between the two walls creating a strong vacuum. Usually about 1/4 inch between walls.   

Thinking about Sputnik, I asked Jackson, who never finished elementary school, what his favorite invention was and he replied “…the Thermos bottle”.

I asked him “why?”, and he looked at me and replied “… well, it keeps hot things hot …. and cold things cold…”,

…. and then asked in a whisper of complete earnestness …  “…. how does it know?”

DD4EF45E-EC8D-48D7-963F-6A85F9BBB3CD.jpeg

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.