The World News Media

Pele Reid: British Boxing Champion, retired and serves as a Jehovah's Witness. ~ ?

Bible Speaks

• Views 5.8k
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

British Boxing Champion, retired and serves as a Jehovah's Witness. http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/when-you-knock-out-vitali-klitschko-by-accident/

Quote from the article above: “Most boxers donÂ’t know when to give up,” said Reid, now 44 years old and a dedicated JehovahÂ’s Witness. “They always think they can do better, prove everybody w

Posted Images

Quote from the article above:

“Most boxers donÂ’t know when to give up,” said Reid, now 44 years old and a dedicated JehovahÂ’s Witness. “They always think they can do better, prove everybody wrong and make a fortune and you do need that mentality to be a boxer.”

The McDermott and Sexton defeats forced Reid to accept he wasnÂ’t going to prove everybody wrong and make a fortune from boxing. But he did have one last fight, surviving a wobble or two to outpoint Dave Ingleby over 10 rounds for the vacant British Masters title in Birmingham in March, 2009.

“I retired at the right time for me,” said Reid, who bowed out with a 20-6-2 (17) record. “You look at my record and it shows that in my last fight, I won a title. Not many people can say that. People ask me if I miss boxing, but I don’t. I retired at the right time. I laid it to rest. I still meet people who are journeymen at my age. They don’t know what to do apart from box.

“They gave their life to boxing and can’t move on. They have nothing to replace it so they hang on for as long as they can. They are used to it and it pays the bills. I was so happy to close the door on boxing.

“Boxing didn’t close the door on me and I achieved more than a lot of people. I’m happy I did enough to make a mark.”

I have added him to my list of celebrity JW's

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.