The World News Media

Dr. Wisus Maximus Instructs the Dembbells

TrueTomHarley

By day I am TrueTomHarley. But by night I am the educated Dr. Wisus Maximus, instructing dumbbells in the ways of science. I am so successful that my most brilliant student, @AlanF, has surpassed me. It makes me mad! Ah well - we geniuses must be magnanimous.

Hark - here is a letter in my in-box from a plebeian now:

Dear Dr Maximus: You're nuts when you say DNA could happen in 3.5 billion years. It is too complex. If I gave you all the chemicals you needed to build a piece of bamboo and I gave you eternity will you be able to build it? How will you do it?

Dear Mr. Doof: I would simply add a few more zeroes tailing the 3.5 billion years. Surely it could happen in 3.5 trillion years, if billion does not satisfy you. Sheesh! I think billion is enough, but I will go trillion if I have to to placate the skeptics. And because I am "wisus exceptimus" (it is Latin; it means 'smart,' pal- I look it up) I happen to know that there are numbers even bigger that trillion!

All that remains is for the billions of mutations to add on to each other! Piece of cake!

It is like a pile of snow when you put more snow on it. What happens? It gets bigger!!! There's your proof!!

snowpile.jpg

• Views 772
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.