The World News Media

Does the Governing Body live on-campus or off-campus?

Witness

• Views 13.5k
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The key to understanding anything ... is CONTEXT! In context, what is being said is "If you are invited in as a guest, and shown hospitality ... do NOT go shopping around for better food and acco

“And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.” Matt 8:20 "Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness, his

TrueTom returns to his abode after another hard day fleecing the flock.    

Posted Images

3 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

As for your frivolous question. At what point wouldn’t anyone understand, that the GB is mobile. They LIVE, wherever the need is, greater, under the AUTHORITY, and DIRECTION of GOD’A HOLY SPIRIT? Hint, GLOBAL!!!!!  Matthew 6:25-34, 2 Timothy 1:14, Galatians 5:16

“Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.” 1 Tim 1:14

There is no doubt that the GB have let their guard down and have lost what was initially given them by Holy Spirit.  Matt 25:28-30; Mark 4:24,25,22,23; Heb 12:15; Rev 8:10,11; 13:11-15  

By their own admission, they say they are not inspired (“divinely breathed in”); which is the receiving of Holy Spirit given at an anointing (“the special endowment ‘chrism’ of Holy Spirit”). 1 John 2:18-21,23

1 Cor 3:16 – “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?”

To say they are not inspired, they ADMIT they are no longer the dwelling of God, bereft of the spiritual influence, “inspiration” of God’s Spirit.  The evidence that they do not “walk by the Spirit of God” is their insatiable motivation to fully “gratify the desires of the flesh” that Satan aptly provides them within his realm.  1 Tim 6:17; Matt 4:8,9

Jesus would never have considered developing an empire in the same earthly realm that his enemy has authority over. Matt 6:19-21; James 5:3 The GB lineage lost their position as the “dwelling of God” by submitting to another spirit.  They have been used as pawns to create a counterfeit “mountain”/dwelling, boasting that it is “spirit-directed” by God. Rev 13:11,15  It was purposefully built under the spiritual influence they have “breathed” in to take into “bondage” as many as possible. Rev 13:10; Luke 21:24; Rev 13:11-14  “Jehovah’s organization” blasphemes the true God and his true “dwelling”. 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22; Matt 24:15,16; Dan 11:31; Rev 13:1,2,6,7

“My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”  John 18:36

“The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 1 Tim 4:1

“But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought themand bring on themselves swift destruction.  And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.”  2 Pet 2:1-3

For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escapedfrom those who live in error.  While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.  For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.  But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.” 2 Pet 2:18-22

“Deceptive words”, “great swelling words of emptiness”; such as,

"Today, a small percentage of mankind can still recall the dramatic events of 1914. Will that elderly generation pass away before God saves the earth from ruin? Not according to Bible prophecy. 'When you see all these things,' Jesus PROMISED, 'know that he is near at the doors. Truly I say to you that THIS generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' - Matthew 24:33, 34." (Wt 5/1/1992  pg 3)

Satan provides all the material goods the GB needs to do HIS will; destroy the "living stones" of the Temple of God.  2 Thess 2:1-12; Rev 16:12-16

4 hours ago, Witness said:

Â“Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.” 1 Tim 1:14

There is no doubt that the GB have let their guard down and have lost what was initially given them by Holy Spirit.  Matt 25:28-30; Mark 4:24,25,22,23; Heb 12:15; Rev 8:10,11; 13:11-15  

By their own admission, they say they are not inspired (“divinely breathed in”); which is the receiving of Holy Spirit given at an anointing (“the special endowment ‘chrism’ of Holy Spirit”). 1 John 2:18-21,23

1 Cor 3:16 – “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?”

To say they are not inspired, they ADMIT they are no longer the dwelling of God, bereft of the spiritual influence, “inspiration” of God’s Spirit.  The evidence that they do not “walk by the Spirit of God” is their insatiable motivation to fully “gratify the desires of the flesh” that Satan aptly provides them within his realm.  1 Tim 6:17; Matt 4:8,9

Jesus would never have considered developing an empire in the same earthly realm that his enemy has authority over. Matt 6:19-21; James 5:3 The GB lineage lost their position as the “dwelling of God” by submitting to another spirit.  They have been used as pawns to create a counterfeit “mountain”/dwelling, boasting that it is “spirit-directed” by God. Rev 13:11,15  It was purposefully built under the spiritual influence they have “breathed” in to take into “bondage” as many as possible. Rev 13:10; Luke 21:24; Rev 13:11-14  “Jehovah’s organization” blasphemes the true God and his true “dwelling”. 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22; Matt 24:15,16; Dan 11:31; Rev 13:1,2,6,7

“My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”  John 18:36

“The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 1 Tim 4:1

“But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.  And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed.  By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.”  2 Pet 2:1-3

For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escapedfrom those who live in error.  While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage.  For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.  For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.  But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.” 2 Pet 2:18-22

“Deceptive words”, “great swelling words of emptiness”; such as,

"Today, a small percentage of mankind can still recall the dramatic events of 1914. Will that elderly generation pass away before God saves the earth from ruin? Not according to Bible prophecy. 'When you see all these things,' Jesus PROMISED, 'know that he is near at the doors. Truly I say to you that THIS generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' - Matthew 24:33, 34." (Wt 5/1/1992  pg 3)

Satan provides all the material goods the GB needs to do HIS will; destroy the "living stones" of the Temple of God.  2 Thess 2:1-12; Rev 16:12-16

To be fair, there are those who know what went down in 1914 and what followed.Outside of the JW opposition, there are a dozen groups, some not existing anymore who sided and or compare to that of JWs regarding 1914.

For the Jehovah's Witnesses well know that: Satan, the Great Scarlet Dragon, was cast out of Heaven along with his demons (fallen/rebellious angels) after the battle in the Spirit Realm by the Messianic King who began to rule (or the beginning of Jesus' kingship in heaven over God's Kingdom), in addition, no longer able to be in the presence of God the Father, despite in the past Satan, just like the other Spirit Beings were able to freely dwell back and forth from heaven to earth, vice versa, for Spirit Beings can freely travel between Heaven and Earth, as described in Jacob's dream at Genesis 28:12 (compare, John 1:51, Hebrews 1:7, 14).

Genesis 28:12: And he dreamed, and behold, there was a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven. And behold, the angels of God were ascending and descending on it!

John 1:51: And he said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, you will see heaven opened, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.”

Hebrews 1:7, 14: (7) Of the angels he says, “He makes his angels winds, and his ministers a flame of fire.” (14) Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?

And obviously, the Deceiver, who is angry and unhinged, being upon those on earth and unable to be in God's presence due to being kicked out for good along with his hordes of demons (rebellious/fallen ones), dwells with mankind on the earth, and as the scriptures says in Revelations 12:12:

Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”

What took place was the massive violence, war and epidemic that killed tons of people as well as several earthquakes in 1914, as some call it, the signs of the times, and I believe I mentioned this on another thread of yours. One may say it is all coincidence or that the Bible Students, specifically CTR had a lucky guess, but then you got all of this stuff going off at once and didn't calm down for a bit until after some time have past, but the times continue to get far worse even though such things settled down a bit. For it is said it has been pinpointed from the Hebrew scriptures itself (or derived from the gospel of Daniel as some say). Plus, outside of the realm of Christianity, it is also best to look at history itself from 1914 and onward, and you will see as to why this is.

I myself was skeptical at first until I did the research and found the other groups who are in agreement with that year. For even the purely Christian community come from were even kind enough to do the research to look at those other groups.

List of groups (CSE quote)

belief to a greater or lesser degree.

Testemunhas dos Deuses Santos - Holy Gods Witnesses

The Herald of Christ's Kingdom (Bible Students)

The Dawn Bible Students Association

other JW dissident groups but I could not verify if they still share this belief. Even because some of them doesn't exist anymore.

Laymen's Home Missionary Movement
Epiphany Bible Students Association
Laodicean Home Missionary Movement (1957-1990)
Pastoral Bible Institute
Watchers of the Morning (1937-1957)
The Christian Millennial Fellowship
The Standfast Bible Students Association
The Elijah Voice Society
The Servants of Yah
New Jerusalem Fellowship (1922-1992)
Old Paths Publications (1925-1961)
Forest Gate Church (1920-1979)
Goshen Fellowship
The Institute of Pyramidology
The Angel of Jehovah Bible and Tract Society
Berean Bible Institute
The New Covenant Believers (Berean Bible Students Church)
Associated Bible Students
Association of Free Bible Students of France
German Bible Students Association
Greek Bible Students Association
International Bible Students of India
Polish Bible Students Association

I dunno if this would be of interest to you or anyone else, but I will post this here, from the Christian community I am part of, for someone posted this, I will repost it here:

I have some newspaper articles although only a couple of the ones I have are the type that they are written by the newspaper's journalists.

One I have is a letter to the editor (in defense of Charles Russell) and other one is one of those "Pastor Russell Sermons" that some newspapers carried.

The "Pastor Russell Sermon" titled, "Overturned Until He Come" was published in the Twin Falls News on August 31st, 1911.

In this article he refers to the 2520 years ending on October 1914. The paragraph under the subtitle "The Time of the Gentiles" in the second column states:

When God removed the typical kingdom of Israel and His typical throne in the world, He gave over the earthly dominion to the Gentiles; and this lease of power, as represented in Daniel's prophecy, was to continue for "seven times" - 2,520 years. In other words, during the same period that Israel would be having "seven times" of tribulation and subjection, the Gentiles would be having "seven times" of prosperity; and both will terminate at the same time - in 2,520 years from G.C. 606 - October, A.D. 1914.

This sermon is shown in the image below.

Twin Falls News on August 31st, 1911

Another article is from The Lima Daily News, dated March 28th 1914. This article was written to address what some minister was saying in Canada that the world will end (as in "the earth will get destroyed") in 1914. This article also appeared in The Newark Daily Advocate on March 23rd, 1914.

I have copied some of the text below to provide a gist of what he wrote about world's end and 1914:

First column, second paragraph onward:

I was prompted in the selection of my text for today by reading an extract from the sermon of a Canadian minister delivered recently. In it he declared that 1914 would witness the Second Coming of Christ, etc. His statement allowed for the inference that he holds the view common to nearly all the creeds; namely, that the earth is to be burned up and the human race blotted out; and that, incidentally, Christ will come a second time, to see that none of the Church are included in the destruction.

Mistakes of Dark Ages Being Corrected.

To my understanding, all such expectations are wholly unscriptural, untrue, misleading, and hindrances in the right understanding of the Bible.

Fourth column, end of first paragraph onward:

If we have the correct date and chronology, Gentile Times will end this year - 1914.

What of it? We do not surely know. Our expectation is that the active rule of Messiah will begin about the time of the ending of the of power to the Gentiles. Our expectation, true or false, is that there will be wonderful manifestations of Divine judgments against all unrighteousness, and that this will mean the breaking up of many institutions of the present time, if not all.

This article is shown below.

The Lima Daily News, March 28th 1914

I also had two that were written by the newspapers after the war had already started (Wikipediagives 28 July 1914 as the start date).

One of these, titled "End of all Kingdoms" was published in The World Magazine on August 30th, 1914. The other one, shown below, was in The Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette on October 4th 1914 (a thumbnail of this page can also be seen here).

As a side note, the interesting part of this article was the below statement (in the fifth column, second paragraph) but only because it seems that overall people did not expect a war to start that year, let alone one that turned to be a World War.

And in 1914 came war, the war which everybody dreaded, but which everybody thought could not really happen.

The Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette, October 4th 1914

thank you @coderworks +1 for the effort. What I was looking for was something like that "End of All Kingdoms in 1914, that is, a commentary from before the war started. Of course such may not exist and this is interesting in its own right. If nothing else comes up I might select yours as the correct answer - it's close enough. – x457812 Dec 28 '17 at 3:55

7 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

Here I thought you wanted to pinpoint exactly where the GB live to cause some kind of terrorist act on them, since, that kind of FACT FINDING can now be RED FLAGGED, in today’s society. But, since you wrote down, Watchtower property addresses as though it means something, I’ll pass your inquiry to the FBI.

AllenSmith:

I would like to be there at a local FBI Field Office when you march in there waving your "red flag".

To pass security to interview with an Agent, you have to provide your I.D. and they do a background check ON YOU, and make you empty all your pockets and be scanned, and walk through a door frame metal detector ... and they make you wait and observe you while an Agent is being called.  Then they lock you in a bullet proof room for an Agent to get free to talk to you.   They are very busy people.

May I suggest that you take a toothbrush with you ... one that folds, and cannot be sharpened by dragging it on the floor.

You are probably a very fine but obviously eccentric Brother in the Truth ... and unless you call attention to yourself they may never have a reason to "keep you" ... but once you get "in", they may not let you go.

Perhaps it's just my Machiavellian sense of humor, but I would enjoy watching that.

May I suggest the Charlotte NC Field Office.

I could  meet you there, and lets see who gets the wrist bracelets.

1 hour ago, AllenSmith said:

If this is your understanding, in your opinion, Then what's your excuse for abandoning Christ teaching? Proverbs 4:2, Revelation 2:4

You continue to shoulder a mistaken perception, whoever, I'll give you this one. If the most SEASONED Witness doesn't understand the purpose of this Message? I don't expect an outsider too.However, it's been explained time and times, and half times, so you should have a clear understanding, about spiritism. 1 Timothy 4:1, 2 Corinthians 2:11, 1 Timothy 4:13

Aside, from that, I wouldn't set foot in a church, in which the head of the church,  professes to be the reincarnation of Christ with infallibility (Perfect)? thus forsaking scripture completely with such divine power!!!!

Pretty much majority of Christianity in a nutshell today:

cherry_picking.jpg

5 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

If this is your understanding, in your opinion, Then what's your excuse for abandoning Christ teaching? Proverbs 4:2, Revelation 2:4

Prov 4:2 – Are you referring to Wt’s doctrine, full of “rotten fruit”, aka “new light” ? Matt 7:17-20  Should God be at fault for the GB’s teaching errors? Rom 3:4   Christ’s teachings originate with the Father.  The GB’s teachings are their own, such as the example I gave in my previous comment.   John 7:16-18  I do hope you can discern the difference.

Certainly God’s laws have nothing to do with “new light”; and when it comes to those laws, which remain in the mind and on the heart of a faithful anointed one, (Heb 8:10) please remember who it is that refuses to listen to the court system, and who easily disfellowship others for rejection of their present “new light” as well as any past “light” no longer lit.  Since the GB cannot “walk by the Spirit of God” – inspired -  they are blind to God’s righteous decrees.    

Rev 2:4 – If the GB had not left the love they had at first, do you think they would serve up, “rotten fruit”?  John 15:5

No, I have returned to Christ’s teachings since leaving the Wt.

Dear Allen, why do you and 7 million + JWs continue to support an operation of error?  Because men put a stamp on in that says, “Jehovah’s organization”, and the threat of shunning hangs over all members that refuse to listen to such a lie? 

“Those who make an image, all of them are useless,
And their precious things shall not profit;
They are their own witnesses;
They neither see nor know, that they may be ashamed.
10 Who would form a god or mold an image
That profits him nothing?
11 Surely all his companions would be ashamed;
And the workmen, they are mere men.
Let them all be gathered together,
Let them stand up;
Yet they shall fear,
They shall be ashamed together.”  Isa 44:9-11

53 minutes ago, AllenSmith said:

ROOK!!

That would depend, on what can now be considered, patterns. Let’s see if, simple triggers, donÂ’t pique the interest of any government agency in todayÂ’s society.

But, I don’t expect you to react any different as an enabler of falsehoods, of the Watchtower along with your friends. However, I’m good with law enforcement, so don’t give it a second thought. Polish your weapons in support of the NRA. People are now demanding guns be taken away from troubled people.¬¬

Every time I have ever challenged you to identify a falsehood I have EVER stated in over 7,000 posts here on the Archive, you have come up with ZERO specificity.  You are living in a fantasy world where things you are ignorant of, you consider lies.

I do thank you for referring to me as ROOK,.... even better as ROOK!!

And as far as the NRA goes, I don't support them ... they support ME!

s-l640.jpg

5 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

However, I’m good with law enforcement, so donÂ’t give it a second thought. Polish your weapons in support of the NRA. People are now demanding guns be taken away from troubled people.¬¬

3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

And as far as the NRA goes, I don't support them ... they support ME!

Yes, I found the original tweet and it is how I remembered it:

"High school students are talking on message boards to make April 20th the day they all walk out of school and donÂ’t come back until Congress updates the gun laws as itÂ’s their lives on the line. Plz retweet or share for visibility as this is a great idea.." #FloridaSchoolshooting

The panicked grownups have tried to water it down to some symbolic nonsense involving a one-day boycott of 17 minutes for 17 students. But imagine if it was done for real - imagine if they didn't come back until things were fixed. Now THAT would be the power of the children. Shut down the education industry. Don't you think THAT would impel the powers that be to not rest until they came up with some sort of a solution!

It would be like people refusing to go into the war. The children don't have to weigh in on which side it right. That is for their mentors to figure out. It's exactly how things should be framed: Not gun-free vs armed veterans on patrol. Not right vs left. No. Let it be chidlren vs adults.

Why should they walk into a potential shooting gallery each day? Maybe Nancy Reagan had a point: "Just say no."

It might be a new role for the FBI. Make them truant officers.

On ?2?/?17?/?2018 at 10:13 AM, AllenSmith said:

Is it any different with all the holes this meaningless question, has? that it takes fluff to make it? So, I'm echoing from the best of the best ROOK, You, Witness, and Matthew, LOL!!!xD

ADDED:

This silly, diversional and hypothetical, tactic of a post, meant to somehow show the investment the Watchtower has on the property when the same can be said about ANY religion throughout the World, is? Therefore a nonsensical, and meaningless comparison.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/lauretta-brown/georgetown-study-religion-worth-12-trillion-us-economy-more-google-and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_and_religion

In comedy, it would be delivered by the 3 stooges, Curly, Larry, and Moe!!! Therefore, the property that, any religious organization has? Is no excuse for criticism? Acts 5:21

Now, if you ever see a Kingdom Hall, or the headquarters being used to play BINGO, SALE GOODS, ARTS and CRAFT SHOWS, FAIRS, well, you get the point, then apply Jesus words in John 2:16.

WhereÂ’s the criticism from Matthew, Witness, and JTR on actual bible based conditions, applied and perpetrated by the majority of Christendom, today?

Those stats you put up include the watchtower bible and tract society estimated net worth in the billions.....just like the catholic church. And you take John 2:16 out of context which show's you have very little clue as to how some churches raise money, where as in John people were ripping poor people off by selling sacrificial animals at higher prices. Those 7 men you worship now realized how they want to live in Luxury like Benny Hinn or the Pope, fly first class, stay in 5 star hotels and don't lift a finger for the billions of dollars they control. Sounds like your jealous of them.

1 hour ago, Matthew9969 said:

stay in 5 star hotels

I would be very surprised if a GB member has even stayed at a Motel 6. 

When they travel, they stay in one of the branch facilities or in homes of fellow believers. 

Possibly you can dig down and find where they were once at a fancypants place on vacation as a gift from a personal friend. But I doubt even that. I don't  think they even like that sort of thing. They like being with the friends.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.