The World News Media

National School Walkout

TheWorldNewsOrg

1 hour ago, John Lindsay Barltrop said:

Well, I personally do not think that that is something to be proud of, and I personally would rank you among the the other approx. 88% of the population in the States who appear to have this inane love of guns.

You obviously do not see the point that Jesus making on the night of his arrest. Interesting is a comment from the Insight volumes:         "(Jesus) desired to have a sword available among his followers on that night in order to demonstrate clearly that, though they would come into circumstances that could easily provoke armed resistance, he did not intend to resort to the sword but would give himself up voluntarily in harmony with God’s will."

As Jehovah's Witnesses, we are, or should be, disciples - or, footstep followers - of Jesus Christ.......and I am reasonably sure that he did not walk around Galilee and Judea 'armed to the teeth.'

John:

You are certainly entitled to your opinions ...... and the writers of the Insight Volumes were certainly entitled to their OPINIONS.

Remember the Feburary 2017 Watchtower where the GB admitted for the first time what has been for so very long painfully obvious ... that they are " ... neither inspired of God, or infallible"?

DUH!

Get back in your Squad Car, Dick Tracy !

The fact of the matter is that it was common practice for Galileans to be armed at all times .... the ones who were not armed were often naked from being robbed, and perhaps dead in the middle of the road ... or worse.

As Luke 22:36 points out ... the Apostles had the own PERSONAL swords with them in the room at Passover, and at the first Memorial ... or do you think the caterer provided swords, that back then were as expensive as a fine camera today, to cut their mutton?

... and it was not to protect themselves from 2nd story BEARS in downtown Jerusalem.

My take on Jesus' words were that cutting off the ear of the slave of the High Priest was ENOUGH to demonstrate that their illegal arrest of Jesus at night would be "expensive" for them if they were really not going to take him to trial, but summary execution.

Perhaps one day some nutcase will shoot up your Kingdom Hall with you inside.

Please feel free to throw your cell phone at him, because it will be all over by the time you get a police response.

Besides, I think it is IMMORAL to the extreme ... to ask a Babylonian Police Officer to put his life on the line for ANYONE ... if ... they are not willing to defend themselves.

• Views 2.2k
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

YOU  REALLY  CARRIED  A  WEAPON  AS  JW ????   hmmm.... STILL  MANY  PEOPLE  HAVE  TO  DIE  BEC. YOUR  CRAZY  LAWS  IN  THE  USA ;-((   poor people  and  kids

WHAT A BAD, SAD, HORRIBLE  WORLD???????? PEOPLE NEVER CAN WORK IT....    JEHOVAH,  PLEASE COME SOON?? 

Several years ago, in Grand Prairie, Texas, Four Sisters out in Service were killed when their car was T-Boned at an intersection. Those that "live by the car .... die by the car"".

Posted Images

2 hours ago, John Lindsay Barltrop said:

As Jehovah's Witnesses, we are, or should be, disciples - or, footstep followers - of Jesus Christ

... and as far as being footstep followers of Jesus Christ ... there is NO RECORD of any children being Baptized in the Bible, and Jesus himself was age 30 when he was Baptized.

We are baptizing children at the ages of 8, and up.

Follow Jesus?

Gimmee a BREAK!

His example is being totally ignored.

5 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

What does THAT mean?

4 hours ago, John Lindsay Barltrop said:

Go figure it out. If you can't, I do feel sorry for you.

When you are unable or unwilling to explain a simple sentence that you, yourself authored ...

... that in itself is pitiable. 

It was an honest question, and the response was evasion ...

... that in itself is arrogance and dishonesty.

"Ah, Babylon 4, we have a report of a madman on the WNM forum creating a disturbance. Could you run by there and check it out, please? Careful not to provoke him though. He is the fastest gun in the West - and east, north, and south."

"Roger, that, Dick Tracy - I'm on it, after I finish this donut. I'm pretty sure I know who you mean. He's a pretty harmless old pork chop, with stray dogs everywhere, but he sure does make a lot of noise."

41 minutes ago, John Lindsay Barltrop said:

Tell JTRJ, were you ever in the military?

John:

That is a fair question .... ( the irony of me replying  to you after the above, does not go un-noticed...)

No, I never was.  

I was 18 during the peak of the Vietnam War, and was a Conscientious Objector. 

My file was about 4" thick at the Selective Service Office, and the committee assembled with me at the end of the long table threatened to send me to prison for five years, if I refused induction.  They realized I was as serious and resolute as a heart attack ... and I was granted my "I-O" (Conscientious Objector) status, and was excused from military service.

War is a political activity to force people to do things you want as a matter of national policy.

I did not like "policy wonks" at age 18 ... and I do not like them now.

That is one of many reasons that I appreciate the training I had as a 1960's era Jehovah's Witness ..... it saved me from killing a lot of innocent people.

Personal Self Defense is NOT War.

Oh, and because there are at least three "Tom"s on the archive, by convention and preference JTR works without ambiguity.

3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

When you are unable or unwilling to explain a simple sentence that you, yourself authored ...

... that in itself is pitiable. 

It was an honest question, and the response was evasion ...

... that in itself is arrogance and dishonesty.

James, I will tell you why I said that re your personality, it was because of this comment: 

"Perhaps one day some nutcase will shoot up your Kingdom Hall with you inside."

I thought; "How could a Brother, hope that another Brother would get shot up whilst attending a meeting at a Kingdom Hall"                       

I took exception to that remark, and thought it very unchristian, and that is why I initially ignored your reply.

I will also tell you why I thought that you had not been in the military.....it is your attitude to guns.........I also correctly picked two others, (non-Witnesses), that seemed to have this passion with guns and like to walk around cities and towns with loaded guns on their person.  This was also over these insane massacres that keep on occurring in the States.

Maybe you can answer the question James......Why do these  insane massacres by lone gunmen continue unabated in the USA, and yet nowhere else in the world?

51 minutes ago, John Lindsay Barltrop said:

James, I will tell you why I said that re your personality, it was because of this comment: 

"Perhaps one day some nutcase will shoot up your Kingdom Hall with you inside."

I thought; "How could a Brother, hope that another Brother would get shot up whilst attending a meeting at a Kingdom Hall"                       

John:

It is clear from my comment ... and what you got out of it ... which are completely unrelated ... that your reading comprehension skills are filtered through your particular AGENDA driven thought processes, or that you have no reading comprehension skills.

I offered for consideration a rational POSSIBILITY in keeping with real current events ... NOT a desire that it would happen.

I personally feel reassured when good men and/or women walk around town with loaded guns ... you feel threatened.

I live in a ZERO CRIME neighborhood in my end of the subdivision I live in, because EVERYBODY shoots off their back deck, and the folks who own the farm next to my lot apparently have a LOT of money for ammunition, as on Sundays. it sounds like a target range.

What you hear is a cause for fear .... I hear as the SOUNDS OF FREEDOM!

I mow my lawn with gunfire on both sides of me without apprehension, because I know these folks are intelligent, safety conscious, responsible people.

You need to associate with a better class of people, or teach yourself to become one... 

.... or live in irrational fear as you do now.

51 minutes ago, John Lindsay Barltrop said:

Maybe you can answer the question James......Why do these  insane massacres by lone gunmen continue unabated in the USA, and yet nowhere else in the world?

These things happen EVERYWHERE ... you just are unaware of it.

Knives are used more than 6 times as often as guns in murders ... and bare hands and feet  about 2.5 times more than rifles.

... and anyone nuts enough to do so can ram a crowd with a 2,000 pound car at 60 mph and kill and maim dozens.

I guess the REAL answer to your agenda loaded question is what always answers the various questions that are elusive.

INFINITE VARIETY.