Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

TheWorldNewsOrg -
James Thomas Rook Jr. -

Top Posters

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I did read a source from Russia decrying the barbarism of Americans with their guns. Someone replied 'how many Russians have died because they were powerless when government thugs showed up to corral them?'

the anwer to this tweet was given by another. 'You think the most heavily armed nation in the world is going to be defeated by your AK-47?'

So Jimbo will take out a few before he goes down, but go down he will. Will he come up again? Was it not Jesus who said: 'those who live by the sword will die by the sword?'

13 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Several years ago, in Grand Prairie, Texas, Four Sisters out in Service were killed when their car was T-Boned at an intersection.

Those that "live by the car .... die by the car"".

So, TTH ... who actually "lives by the sword"?

I have carried weapons every day for over 50 years, and have never hurt or killed ANYONE.

I have, however, encouraged some bad actors to behave themselves.

..... I had to stop typing for a few minutes, now I am back.  

My wife, Susan, was crying her eyes out at her computer about stories of people that were killed in Florida, wailing that these people "... never had a chance at life ....", spoken through racking sobbing.

They never had a chance ... because GOOD MEN were forbidden to do what GOOD MEN do, and forbidden to have with them the tools they needed to do it.

The two coaches who were shot down running TOWARD the gunfire were MEN.

They too, never had a chance of surviving the encounter, but they did it anyway.

MEN of honor do not have a craven fear of death.

I  think,  it  was  not  a  wrong  question  @John Lindsay Barltrop....  bec. JTR.  IS  a  JW !!   -------

Yes,  a  knife  or  an  axt  also  weapon's  and  dangerous.  But  a  gun  is  MORE  bad,  bec. you  can  kill  many  person's  in  some  seconds,  like  Florida  etc. -  and  that  from  a  bigger  distance !!   That  gives  a  gun  alot  more  power....   Bad  and  crazy  people  always  using  gun's  and  very  rare  a  knife.

Crazy  people  we've  in  many  Countries,  around  the  world,  so  we  never  can  be  safe.  But  using  a  gun  is  NEVER  an  alternative,  but  in  TRUMP's  sense,  seems  so....

We're  JW's  and  carry  or  using  a  gun  or  similar,  is  a  sin  -  Jehovah hates  it !!   Thanks  my  Brothers :)

JTR says: "I have carried weapons every day for over 50 years, and have never hurt or killed ANYONE."

Well, I personally do not think that that is something to be proud of, and I personally would rank you among the the other approx. 88% of the population in the States who appear to have this inane love of guns.

You obviously do not see the point that Jesus making on the night of his arrest. Interesting is a comment from the Insight volumes:         "(Jesus) desired to have a sword available among his followers on that night in order to demonstrate clearly that, though they would come into circumstances that could easily provoke armed resistance, he did not intend to resort to the sword but would give himself up voluntarily in harmony with God’s will."

As Jehovah's Witnesses, we are, or should be, disciples - or, footstep followers - of Jesus Christ.......and I am reasonably sure that he did not walk around Galilee and Judea 'armed to the teeth.'

1 hour ago, John Lindsay Barltrop said:

Well, I personally do not think that that is something to be proud of, and I personally would rank you among the the other approx. 88% of the population in the States who appear to have this inane love of guns.

You obviously do not see the point that Jesus making on the night of his arrest. Interesting is a comment from the Insight volumes:         "(Jesus) desired to have a sword available among his followers on that night in order to demonstrate clearly that, though they would come into circumstances that could easily provoke armed resistance, he did not intend to resort to the sword but would give himself up voluntarily in harmony with God’s will."

As Jehovah's Witnesses, we are, or should be, disciples - or, footstep followers - of Jesus Christ.......and I am reasonably sure that he did not walk around Galilee and Judea 'armed to the teeth.'

John:

You are certainly entitled to your opinions ...... and the writers of the Insight Volumes were certainly entitled to their OPINIONS.

Remember the Feburary 2017 Watchtower where the GB admitted for the first time what has been for so very long painfully obvious ... that they are " ... neither inspired of God, or infallible"?

DUH!

Get back in your Squad Car, Dick Tracy !

The fact of the matter is that it was common practice for Galileans to be armed at all times .... the ones who were not armed were often naked from being robbed, and perhaps dead in the middle of the road ... or worse.

As Luke 22:36 points out ... the Apostles had the own PERSONAL swords with them in the room at Passover, and at the first Memorial ... or do you think the caterer provided swords, that back then were as expensive as a fine camera today, to cut their mutton?

... and it was not to protect themselves from 2nd story BEARS in downtown Jerusalem.

My take on Jesus' words were that cutting off the ear of the slave of the High Priest was ENOUGH to demonstrate that their illegal arrest of Jesus at night would be "expensive" for them if they were really not going to take him to trial, but summary execution.

Perhaps one day some nutcase will shoot up your Kingdom Hall with you inside.

Please feel free to throw your cell phone at him, because it will be all over by the time you get a police response.

Besides, I think it is IMMORAL to the extreme ... to ask a Babylonian Police Officer to put his life on the line for ANYONE ... if ... they are not willing to defend themselves.

2 hours ago, John Lindsay Barltrop said:

As Jehovah's Witnesses, we are, or should be, disciples - or, footstep followers - of Jesus Christ

... and as far as being footstep followers of Jesus Christ ... there is NO RECORD of any children being Baptized in the Bible, and Jesus himself was age 30 when he was Baptized.

We are baptizing children at the ages of 8, and up.

Follow Jesus?

Gimmee a BREAK!

His example is being totally ignored.

5 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

What does THAT mean?

4 hours ago, John Lindsay Barltrop said:

Go figure it out. If you can't, I do feel sorry for you.

When you are unable or unwilling to explain a simple sentence that you, yourself authored ...

... that in itself is pitiable. 

It was an honest question, and the response was evasion ...

... that in itself is arrogance and dishonesty.