The World News Media

Why won't the head of the wt org admit it?

Shiwiii

image.png

The Royal commission does not have the authority to subpoena someone from the Governing Body based in the United States to come to Australia to testify ... but they DID have the right to subpoena an Australian Citizen who was the PMQ (Person most Qualified) that they could get their hands on who WAS ALREADY IN AUSTRALIA, and  already in their sovereign territory.

... and they did !

Just as here in the United States, Congress can appoint "Special Counsels" to conduct investigations, and give them subpoena powers.

THAT ... is where "The Rubber Meets The Road".

If you can avoid being served a subpoena ... you can without fear of punishment skip town, but once served, if you do ... you are a fugitive.

Without the power to subpoena witnesses, and demand their presence under penalty of fine or imprisonment for not appearing, Court systems and Government Inquirys could not function.

• Views 2.6k
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You misunderstand AllenSmith ... they WERE  sincere upvotes.  If I make it into the New System, I plan on going down to the local cemetery and play a GREAT game of Whack-A-Mole. You ought

Why won't the head of the wt org admit that abuse is a problem within the society (yes, I understand that j jackson has in a round about way admitted this) and that they are willing to accept help to

sigh ... If you only did one tenth as much to support the Christian leadership that has proven 10 times more effective in preventing child abuse, as you do your favorite politician.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

Therefore, you can rearrange your argument all you want. It won’t make your argument any less mistaken!!! Your series of hypotheticals of should of, could of, would of, is pointless. Just let it go!! B|

To honestly answer the two or three questions I asked you would expose the fallacies of your argument .... and YOU KNOW THIS ... that is why you obfuscated and did not answer such simple and straight forward and fair  questions after repeated requests.

You can prove me wrong, you know ...

give it a try.

... be a sport!

for your convenience, I am re-posting them, here ( try to stay FOCUSED!) :

6 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

2.)  If you were in the exact same circumstances in EVERY WAY that Geoffrey Jackson was ... would you have disobeyed the summons ?

3.) and to repeat my FIRST question with the criteria of question No. 2,:  " 1.) If YOU were issued a summons, and it was served on YOU, to appear in court, and YOU refused to appear ... what do you think would happen?"

To rephrase that ... If you were an American Citizen, and YOU WERE IN THE UNITED STATES, and were served a subpoena to appear before a Congressional Inquiry,  DO YOU THINK THAT IF YOUR JOB WAS IN AUSTRALIA, they could not by threat of force, make you appear?

Here in the United States, you have the right to refuse to testify against yourself ... but you STILL have to appear, under threat of fine and/or imprisonment.

I do not think GB Bro. Jackson would do well in an Australian prison, in a cell with orange haired , 6 feet tall "Bubba the Beaker" ....  who has a "fondness" for Muppet Dr. Bunsen Honeydew.

09-10_DrBunsenHoneydewAndBeaker.jpgGeoffrey Jackson.jpg

6 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

To honestly answer the two or three questions I asked you would expose the fallacies of your argument .... and YOU KNOW THIS ... that is why you obfuscated and did not answer such simple and straight forward and fair  questions after repeated requests.

You can prove me wrong, you know ...

give it a try.

... be a sport!

.... ( try to stay FOCUSED!) :

You obfuscated and did not answer such simple and straight forward and fair  questions after repeated requests.

THAT ... says it all.

Instructions to Jackson .jpg

15 minutes ago, AllenSmith said:

I hope those Elders had the good sense to D’fd you James Thomas Rook Jr, and now your contempt is no different than, that of an ex-witness since It’s going to sink being you come judgement day!

Allen, you are not making sense, again.  You are hoping JTR is disfellowshipped.  Do you realize if any JW were to be called into question for deliberately concealing evidence for the same type of situation as Wt. faced in Australia, but scaled down to an individual level,  that person would/should be disfellowshipped?  At least we would hope the individual would be disfellowshipped.  

“when I heal Israel, (“Israel” is healed outside the apostate city)
the iniquity of Ephraim (today's GB) and the crimes of Samaria (meaning "watch tower")
will be exposed.
For they practice fraud;
a thief breaks in;
a raiding party pillages outside.
 But they never consider that I remember all their evil.
Now their actions are all around them;
they are right in front of my face.”
  Hos 7:1,2

Can you really dismiss Watchtower’s sins and point the finger at anyone who loathes what the Watchtower has done?  And if a person with any integrity loathes injustices, how much more so do you think the true God in Heaven feels about an organization that appears to represent Him, but cares little for victims of crimes, both spiritual and physical?  

Rev 18:4-8

Even you, a staunch supporter of BREAKING God’s commands

Which ones? 

Remember the keyword in Luke 17:4 is REPENT!

Repent of what?

Romans 16:17 New International Version (NIV) 17 I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

Which teachings are you referring to, the Bible’s teachings that I wholeheartedly defend, or the teachings of the Watchtower?  I doubt Paul was speaking of those.

9 My hand will oppose the prophets who see false visions and speak deceptive divinations. They won’t be included with the council of my people, nor will they be entered into the registry of Israel’s house or enter Israel’s land. Then you’ll know that I am the Lord God,

Should I list again, Watchtower’s long list of failed, false visions?

“So you will again see the difference between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve him.”  Mal 3:18 

There is no room in my heart to serve an organization, but only room to serve the Lord.  Luke 10:27; Matt 6:24

“For to begin with, I hear that when you come together as a church there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it.  Indeed, it is necessary that there be factions among you, so that those who are approved may be recognized among you.”  1 Cor 11:18,19

It was “prophesied” to happen in the last days.  If I say I follow Christ, and the WT promotes the following of an organization – who is right?  Surely, I do not need to repent if I reject idolatry!

“Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done.  He shall regard neither the God of his fathers nor the desire of women,(“virgin Israel”/anointed, whose Master is Christ) nor regard any god (“saints”); for he shall exalt himself above them all.  But in their place he shall honor a god of fortresses; and a god which his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and pleasant things. Thus he shall act against the strongest fortresses (the Temple “living stones”) with a foreign god, (the Body of Elders) which he shall acknowledge, and advance its glory; and he shall cause them to rule over many, (the elder body does rules over all) and divide the land for gain.  Dan 11:36-39

“a god of fortresses” – “And just as a child seeks his parents’ protection when a storm rages, we seek protection in Jehovah’s organization when, like a thunderstorm, the problems of this world strike us.  Wt 11/4/15 pp. 3-5

This is a god “which his fathers did not know”.  What fathers?  The fathers under “Jacob”/”Israel”.  This can’t apply to anyone but those who are part of spiritual “Israel”, -  the anointed. 

17 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

you are condemning yourself by condemning others.

Have I judged you?  I leave that to Christ.  But you have judged me ?

Does the Watchtower judge God’s servants when they reject their lies? Yes, it’s called disfellowshipping – a spiritual “death”.

Does the GB care about their “fellow servants” who write volumes of letters questioning their faulty teachings?

Nope.

I’ll stick with scripture.

Yes, please do.  Watchtower’s doctrine can change at a moment’s notice.

Everyone has a way of understanding the Watchtower Literature. Too bad it hasn't been the right way.

If it were the right way, it would be comprehensible; something to rely on 5 years down the road - spiritual food that wouldn’t perish with time.  John 6:27

I guess you like condemning the ancient prophets along with Jesus, too.

Really, the things you assume about me.  They were true prophets.

“I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.  I will hold accountable whoever does not listen to my words that he speaks in my name.  But the prophet who presumes to speak a message in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods—that prophet must die. You may say to yourself, ‘How can we recognize a message the Lord has not spoken?’ 22 When a prophet speaks in the Lord’s name, and the message does not come true or is not fulfilled, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.  Deut 18:18-22

Since that's what the Watchtower has been referring to for over a hundred years.

If the Watchtower had been sticking close to the scriptures for over a 100 years, there would be no failed list of teachings/prophesies.  Deut 18:18-22 would have put enough fear in its leaders to keep them focused solely on the Word of Christ and not on packaging their own brand of “truth” – a mixed bag of “made up stories”.  2 Pet 2:1-3

On 3/6/2018 at 11:45 PM, AllenSmith said:

If you have to ask, your further off than I thought. xD

There are too many for you to choose from, how, you are condemning yourself by condemning others. And you call yourself a WITNESS, witness of what?

Luke 6:37-42 New International Version (NIV)

Judging Others

37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

39 He also told them this parable: “Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40 The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher.

41 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42 How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Read these words, and convince yourself that, these words donÂ’t apply to you. However, I do understand the handicap you have in bible understanding.

I guess you can't comprehend this either, hmmm!

The Watchtower teaching, are solely based on Christ Teachings by following his example, of preaching the good news and obeying God. Which teachings are you following, Christ? or your own, with your own understanding? IÂ’ll stick with scripture.

There are thousands according to ex-witnesses and opposers like you. You can list them all. It's not like I haven't already seen them. There are several witnesses here that buy into that idea too and will agree with you. JWinsider doesn't buy into the idea of 607BC, or 1914AD. Some are convinced 1975 was the Watchtowers fault instead of eager people. They'll quote the publications they think show the Watchtower mislead them. Everyone has a way of understanding the Watchtower Literature. Too bad it hasn't been the right way. In your case? Just remember, what all that ignorance suggest, between a false vision and BIBLE PROPHECY! I guess you like condemning the ancient prophets along with Jesus, too. Since that's what the Watchtower has been referring to for over a hundred years. Noah had the same problem, oh well! ¬¬

How disappointing! :(

Just like in the days of Noah. History has already repeated itself, but this time the bible, any translation, some people will conjure up a false teaching or an attack to gun for those knowing the truth and or remotely close to truth.

Only this time, it won't be a flood, and just like before, it cannot be avoided.

Also I believe there are some Watchtower publications and information that some JW opponents wouldn't dare quote from or even bring up into conversation, for in doing so, will put their attack on the JW faith to a halt, and the consequences of embarrassment and falsehood of the JW opponent to be put into the light - especially when it comes to the 1975 date (interestingly enough, the "6,000 years" portion is rarely mention by JW opponents in terms of man's creation as seen in the publications of JWs regarding 1975).

That being said, around 1974-1975, or so, the Jehovah's Witnesses were told not to speculate on what may or may not happen.

This is why some Christians among the Non-Trinitarian faith (only a few denominations acknowledge this) are always told, those who are closer to the truth than most are still considered our brothers and sisters, for we are all children of God, for they too want to be seen in the eyes of God in having the faith and doing the works, taking into account of Jesus' examples and teachings - for what is to come they will benefit, and as do other good and faithful ones who put in the effort and the time as well, but to those who adhere to falsehood, and evil, will most definitely be brought forth before the white throne for judgement.

20 hours ago, Witness said:

If it were the right way, it would be comprehensible; something to rely on 5 years down the road - spiritual food that wouldn’t perish with time.  John 6:27

I believe the JWs know John 6:27 very well, as do others among within Restorationism faction, and such is very evident.

On the JW's end regarding that verse, their information is:

food that perishes . . . food that remains for everlasting life: Jesus understood that some people were associating with him and his disciples solely for material advantage. While physical food sustains people day by day, “food” from God’s Word will make it possible for humans to stay alive forever. Jesus urges the crowd to work . . . for “the food that remains for everlasting life,” that is, to put forth effort to satisfy their spiritual need and to exercise faith in what they learn.—Mt 4:4; 5:3; Joh 6:28-39.

verse 27 points to John 4:14, John 17:3 and Romans 6:23 regarding Eternal Life while God's seal of approval, in that same verse, points to Matthew 3:17, Acts 2:2 and 2 Peter 1:17, for such verses connect harmoniously with each other. As for the food that perishes, physical food that we eat - Matthew 6:31-33.

21 hours ago, Witness said:

Really, the things you assume about me.  They were true prophets.

“I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.  I will hold accountable whoever does not listen to my words that he speaks in my name.  But the prophet who presumes to speak a message in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods—that prophet must die.’ You may say to yourself, ‘How can we recognize a message the Lord has not spoken?’ 22 When a prophet speaks in the Lord’s name, and the message does not come true or is not fulfilled, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.  Deut 18:18-22

I believe this was explained with what I stated before in terms of the Belief of the Samaritans. That prophet that was raised up was indeed Jesus himself, the Messiah and Christ of whom those on Mount Gerizim were looking forward to, as with the things to come.

I have already went into detail of this before, but it remains, True Christians, like the Samaritans,await the Messiah to return, and in doing so, they continue to give praise, worship and servitude to God the Father at the same time while accepting what Jesus taught and practicing, preaching the gospel and the like.

There is no error in doing so.

As for the comment of raising up a prophet, I answered this before to you in regards to your response:

21 hours ago, Witness said:

If the Watchtower had been sticking close to the scriptures for over a 100 years, there would be no failed list of teachings/prophesies.  Deut 18:18-22 would have put enough fear in its leaders to keep them focused solely on the Word of Christ and not on packaging their own brand of “truth” – a mixed bag of “made up stories”.  2 Pet 2:1-3

They have been sticking to scripture, nor has anything failed with them - for if one understands, researches from the prospective of the Jehovah's Witnesses, you will know quite easily their position. That is why anyone with basic bible Hermeneutics will not buy in to conspiracy, as you so obviously have with your pasts posts. Again, Deuteronomy 18:18-22, look at the link to my response to your comment, of which I brought up those verses from the Torah before. If the JWs also agree with the Samaritan, it does not put them at fault, as you claim.

Lastly, you claim before that: Believing 100% in scripture would motivate a true Christian to expose the lies, would it not? Gal 1:6-9; Eph 5:8-14; Isa 32:6-8; Luke 6:43-45

The answer would be (my response): Believing 100% that the scripture has been tampered with over the years would motivate a true Christian to expose the lies and speak truth.

Yet  most True Christians, like me, adhere to Textual Criticism, which easily debunks such claim of saying the bible is 100% inspired (especially when it comes to the KJV/NKJV), for the very scriptures itself has been tampered with over time -  one of the reason why you have Translators restoring verses to its original form from the copies they have in the best way as they can, examples like Romans 10:13 while those who do not do anything and accept what is false are called out for Hebraic Violation when it comes to the Tanakh (Hebrew Old Testament) and Hermeneutical Violations regarding the Greek New Testament.

So it is safe to say the JWs, especially when it comes to the bible follows it and as do others who at times use several others translations, for they are not in error or false prophets here in terms of scriptural teachings. For such persons do not reflect that of mainstream Christianity, for these people cherry pick, and teach differently according to what the bible says, for they do so, knowingly.

Jesus said the scriptures cannot be broken or nullified, as well as the laws in his day (John 10:35), and God the Father had said that we must not add to the word or take away from it/change it (Deuteronomy 4:2).

The scriptures and what took place aren't made up stories either.