Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Jimmie Crenshaw
    Newest Member
    Jimmie Crenshaw

• Topics

• Yes but everything was kept 'in house' back then. And still is probably.  The American courts / authorities can't even get their hands on the 20 + year Child Sexual Abuse database which should have been handed over years ago. So who knows what's hidden in there.  There are probably documents hidden away that go back 70 + years. Didn't Australia have info from 50 years ago that the ARC used ? I would think USA info would go back further.  It would be wonderful to see the whole Watchtower / JW Org / GB opened up wide to the public, in the public interest. Then, and only then, could people make a sensible judgement as to if they want to be part of that Org.  You may think I want the JW Org / Watchtower Soc' to crash, but in truth I don't. I just want it made clean. As @TrueTomHarley says (100 times a day) that some folks are only looking at the downside of the GB and it's Org. BUT Genuine people will be trying to find TRUTH within the muck, that's all.  And @TrueTomHarley also said "She knows there is a downside. She knows it is a price well worth paying in view of the upside... " To quote John Butler, (as Mr Harley is convinced that is who I am), Collateral Damage then. The victims of Child Sexual Abuse, the victims of wrongful disfellowshipping, the victims of wrongful shunning.  The Lies told by the Writing dept and the GB. The false teachings. The false predictions.  One could also include the unnecessary deaths of people dying through lack of blood, but that one is still debatable as the true meaning of the scriptures on that are not exactly known. Hence the GB keep moving the goal posts. And i will believe Matthew 12 v 9 -12. where Jesus talks about saving lives.  @Arauna only' knows it is a price well worth paying' because she isn't actually paying that price. 
    • Don't include everyone with this fallacy. Not everyone here is a trouble maker. Some of us understand and support scripture. That some of us can speak of it without getting into trouble, that's a different story.
    • It looks as though it should be a surprise if, faithful witnesses experiences death. Nothing has changed since the time of Christ. Salvation has always been as though we are already dead. We are now working within a spiritual life. There should never be an assumption that anyone will live to see the Day of Judgment. That’s not the point. The point is, to have personal salvation even unto death. Revelation 2:10 Therefore, if someone is thinking, those in Sodom and Gomorrah will be resurrected, think of it this way. They were judged by God directly. Their destruction was made by their sinful and ungodly ways. To them, the judgment of the second death already applies. So, no one should harbor any ideals about what the “core doctrine” is perceived to be. God’s value though his son ransom sacrifice. If it wasn’t, then those given judgment before Noah would have the possibility to be resurrected. That’s not going to happen given the fallen angels exploit on this earth with earthly women. Angels that chose to support Satan, will have an end. There is no forgiveness to a higher being that experienced at one point, creation. In that understanding, there is no contradiction with the AD1914 unless an independent understanding not supported by scripture is given to make it a controversy. That should never be an exploit of a witness. Perhaps a better and easier explanation without controversy can be posted.
    • So am I. So are you. So is JTR So is everyone here. The point is that “whistleblower” is in the eye of the beholder. No villain ever says: “I am the villain.” Always they are victims, unappreciated reformers, or “whistleblowers.” Jude says they, “indulge in dreams, defile flesh, despise discipline, speak abusively of glorious ones.” (vs 8 ) Do you think that they would have described themselves that way? Or would they not attribute their departure to finally having opened their eyes? Jude says they were “rocks hidden below water at your love feasts while they feast with you, shepherds who feed themselves without fear; waterless clouds carried here and there by the wind; fruitless trees in late autumn, having died twice and having been uprooted; wild waves of the sea that cast up the foam of their own shame; stars with no set course, for which the blackest darkness stands reserved forever.” (12-13)  Do you think they would have described themselves that way? Or would they not have complained about “ad hominem” attacks and how their real, legitimate concerns were being ignored—just like malcontents do here? Yes, I know that Jude was the real whistleblower. I was playing devil’s advocate. And I hope that I do not get another disappointed chastisement from Witness as to how sad she finds it that I am now advocating for the devil.   They are. I understated their cuteness. ‘Cute,’ too, is in the eye of the beholder, and in many respects, you are blind as a bat.
    • Looking at today's scripture text, I see that there is a fairly good reference to the concept of "core doctrines" in the commentary. Some have questioned whether this concept of core doctrines is correct, with the alternative being that we should accept ALL doctrines, great and small, with equal vigor. In other words, we should be ready to die for the our current teaching concerning "whether people of Sodom would be resurrected" just as strongly as we should be ready to die for the doctrine of the Ransom. The day's text is about the resurrection, and the commentary speaks of the importance of including this among our key doctrines, as if it might not have been "up there" with the rest. *** Text for Tuesday, December 10, 2019 *** What are the key teachings of your faith? Surely you would stress that Jehovah is the Creator and Life-Giver. You would likely mention your belief in Jesus Christ, who died as a ransom. And you would happily add that an earthly paradise is ahead, where God’s people will live forever. But would you mention the resurrection as one of your most cherished beliefs? We have good reasons to include the resurrection as a key teaching even if we personally hope to survive the great tribulation and live on earth forever. The resurrection is central to our faith. Had Christ not been resurrected, he would not be our ruling King, and our teaching about Christ’s rule would be in vain. (1 Cor. 15:12-19) However, we know that Jesus was resurrected, and we hold firm to our belief in the resurrection. Note that the text reminds us a few things that the great crowd, perhaps, do not get reminded of enough: We might die. The great hope is that "You May Survive Armageddon into God's New World." But since the book of that title came out, most of us who studied that book as JWs are now dead. The key teachings mentioned above are therefore: Jehovah is the Creator, Jesus' Ransom, Living Forever in an Earthly Paradise The Resurrection The Teaching about Christ's Kingdom I would agree that these are definitely the core teachings. Of course that final one might be a nod to "1914" as a key teaching, but it is worded here in such a way that no one could dismiss Christ's Kingdom as a key teaching. This is true whether one focuses on the Kingdom preaching beginning in 29 CE through 33 CE, or the Kingdom's beginning in 33 when Christ began to rule as king (1 Cor 15, Colossians 1, Acts 2, Revelation 1, etc.), or the historical outworking of the Kingdom with renewed emphasis on preaching since WWI, or the focus on what that Kingdom will bring to the new heavens and new earth. But the fact that 1 Cor 15 is quoted above as the context to the teaching about Christ's rule, and that Paul goes on in verse 25 to indicate that "sit at my right hand" is the equivalent of "rule as king" tells me that 1914 might have been left off on purpose. (Because Jesus sat at God's right hand in 33 CE., therefore he began ruling as king in 33 CE. --1 Cor 15:25) That's an easy solution to all the current difficulties and contradictions in the 1914 teaching. But it's not the "difficult teaching" I had in mind. If you look at the text through the Watchtower Library, you will also see that it is somewhat related to the material for the Midweek meeting (December 9-15), which starts out with a discussion of Revelation 11. *** Text for Tuesday, December 10, 2019 *** TREASURES FROM GOD’S WORD • “‘Two Witnesses’ Are Killed and Brought Back to Life”: (10 min.) Re 11:3—“Two witnesses” prophesy for 1,260 days (w14 11/15 30) Re 11:7—They are killed by “the wild beast” Re 11:11—The “two witnesses” are brought back to life after “the three and a half days” I'll explain later today.
  • Popular Now