The World News Media

Memorial T-Shirts?

The Librarian

On 3/12/2018 at 11:31 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Not a single word of objection was raised by the GB over the commercialization of Caleb and Sophia merchandise.

In fact, it was. It is contained in that article forbidding the use of copyrighted materials including artwork and logos, and the suggestion that Bethel may go after even friends who do this.

As I recall, nobody screamed louder about this than you.

As to the shirts themselves, I'm with @Steve Wilkinson. You will not see one at the Kingdom Hall. ideally none of our people will wear them in any setting. But any gift shop for any attraction features tons of such tacky fare, so time only will tell.

• Views 3.4k
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@The Librarian Sad we are proud of Our Lord Christ and his Death reminds me of Jehovah’s Loyal Love and how much He and Our Lord Christ Love Us!  Let your MOUTH ? NOT YOUR TEE SHIRT ? PROCLA

@Queen Esther I mean that I think it is grossly disrespectful to make money from advertising Jesus death. It also makes the memorial into a commercial venture. 

memorial get together and picnic tshirts... wear these amazing tshirts to your next get together in your congregation...place the orders now! This is the first time I have ever seen suc

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

In fact, it was. It is contained in that article forbidding the use of copyrighted materials including artwork and logos, and the suggestion that Bethel may go after even friends who do this.

As I recall, nobody screamed louder about this than you.

As to the shirts themselves, I'm with @Steve Wilkinson. You will not see one at the Kingdom Hall. ideally none of our people will wear them in any setting. But any gift shop for any attraction features tons of such tacky fare, so time only will tell.

Can’t see Our Lord Christ wearing a tee shirt ? 

Its a distraction to keep our balance! ??

Don’t Give Up!! 

801E329F-F654-465F-BAF0-45B27E261A34.jpeg

B14B20F2-1AF8-44CB-84F0-7CED2D286468.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Bible Speaks said:

Can’t see Our Lord Christ wearing a tee shirt ? 

If I was going to wear a tee shirt - and I have never worn any, even for Coke or Pepsi - it might be the former. I like it.

The trouble with wearing such Bible trivia, and this is only my opinion, is that it usually comes off as self-righteous. I even resisted wearing the badge cards between sessions at the convention for a time, though they are far more dignified, out of the same concern.

I got over it. I wear the card now. But it will be a cold day in hell (by anyone's definition of hell) before I wear a Memorial tee shirt.

5 hours ago, JW Insider said:

speaking of them as much less worthy, and less spiritual persons who had squandered their opportunity to be part of the 144,000 through their lack of spirituality, lack of dedication, and lack of consecration.

The old "booby prize" syndrome. Garbage then, garbage now.

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

But it will be a cold day in hell (by anyone's definition of hell) before I wear a Memorial tee shirt.

A cold day anyway where I come from so....no T-shirts here!

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.