The World News Media

“The land in Vietnam… hasn’t healed itself. They’ll never get rid of the unexploded ordnance....

TheWorldNewsOrg

• Views 461
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The United States lost the war, but the US rarely cleans up after making any mess. A good part of the reason the whole world is in the shape it's in right now.

In my considered opinion, those that lose a war should be MADE responsible for clearing the mine fields.

In post WWII Germany the U.S. Army commanders MADE the German townspeople excavate the mass graves of Nazi Victims, many of which had not fully decomposed, and drag them with their bare hands to areas for identification for grave registration.

On 3/17/2018 at 1:52 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

In my considered opinion, those that lose a war should be MADE responsible for clearing the mine fields.

The United States lost the war, but the US rarely cleans up after making any mess. A good part of the reason the whole world is in the shape it's in right now.

On 3/17/2018 at 1:52 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Yes!!! Fight ANOTHER war to MAKE them do it! (I don't think so)

Didn't America, chastened by WWI, make a determined effort to rebuild those defeated after WWII, especially Japan, so that the defeated did not, after another 20 years, roll into WWIII?

A Vietnamese friend of mine recalled as a boy playing among the corpses. Vietnamese had known nothing but war and adjusted more quickly than American soldiers, who were thrown in there just out of high school and saw heads, arms, legs & torsos flying about everywhere and went nuts - some of them.

In post WWII Germany the U.S. Army commanders MADE the German townspeople excavate the mass graves of Nazi Victims, many of which had not fully decomposed, and drag them with their bare hands to areas for identification for grave registration.

Along with really pulling the Nazi's and Imperial Japan's teeth, and completely destroying both systems ... that worked ... so far.

We are now into a period of time that historical commentators are calling "The Long Peace" ... as historically there is now more "Peace on Earth" than there has ever been in the history of Civilization ... and has been since the end of World War II.

That war was over in 1945 ... that was 73 years ago ... and by comparison there was nothing like it before, and has been nothing like it since .... a truly global war waged around the world.

... but then again, I am just a Barbarian.