TheWorldNewsOrg

“The land in Vietnam… hasn’t healed itself. They’ll never get rid of the unexploded ordnance....

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

TheWorldNewsOrg -
James Thomas Rook Jr. -

Top Posters

In my considered opinion, those that lose a war should be MADE responsible for clearing the mine fields.

In post WWII Germany the U.S. Army commanders MADE the German townspeople excavate the mass graves of Nazi Victims, many of which had not fully decomposed, and drag them with their bare hands to areas for identification for grave registration.

On 3/17/2018 at 1:52 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

In my considered opinion, those that lose a war should be MADE responsible for clearing the mine fields.

The United States lost the war, but the US rarely cleans up after making any mess. A good part of the reason the whole world is in the shape it's in right now.

On 3/17/2018 at 1:52 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Yes!!! Fight ANOTHER war to MAKE them do it! (I don't think so)

Didn't America, chastened by WWI, make a determined effort to rebuild those defeated after WWII, especially Japan, so that the defeated did not, after another 20 years, roll into WWIII?

A Vietnamese friend of mine recalled as a boy playing among the corpses. Vietnamese had known nothing but war and adjusted more quickly than American soldiers, who were thrown in there just out of high school and saw heads, arms, legs & torsos flying about everywhere and went nuts - some of them.

In post WWII Germany the U.S. Army commanders MADE the German townspeople excavate the mass graves of Nazi Victims, many of which had not fully decomposed, and drag them with their bare hands to areas for identification for grave registration.

Along with really pulling the Nazi's and Imperial Japan's teeth, and completely destroying both systems ... that worked ... so far.

We are now into a period of time that historical commentators are calling "The Long Peace" ... as historically there is now more "Peace on Earth" than there has ever been in the history of Civilization ... and has been since the end of World War II.

That war was over in 1945 ... that was 73 years ago ... and by comparison there was nothing like it before, and has been nothing like it since .... a truly global war waged around the world.

... but then again, I am just a Barbarian.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TheWorldNewsOrg
      via .ORGWorld News
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      HANOI, VIETNAM — The JehovahÂ’s Witnesses in Hanoi, Vietnam has on Sunday welcomed U.S. President Donald Trump to their Kingdom Hall.
      Trump joined hundreds of congregants during the groupÂ’s Sunday Public Talk and Watchtower studies.
      It is currently not known if Trump’s visit to the meetings was planned but ‘ushers’, otherwise called Attendants, were seen making front-row seat available for the president.
      Speaking the press present after the meeting, Trump commended the Vietnamese government for upholding religious freedom in the country. “The status of respect for religious freedom has improved significantly compared to previous years, and I commend the government for such efforts” – Trump said.
      The Constitution of Vietnam officially provides for freedom of worship, while the government has imposed a range of legislation restricting religious practices. Despite being a communist country, Vietnam is widely known for its tolerance towards other religions. However, the Government has in the past held discussions about registration and recognition with leaders of JehovahÂ’s Witnesses.
      After worshiping with JehovahÂ’s Witnesses in Hanoi Sunday, Trump met with Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang to continue the dayÂ’s business.
      Trump told a joint press conference, “For trade to work, all countries must play by the rules. I am encouraged that Vietnam has recently become the fastest growing export market to the United States. Mr. President, I applaud your efforts to implement economic reforms and increase Vietnam’s trade and investment in all directions. The United States is enthusiastic about reforms that promote economic prosperity for all Vietnamese citizens.”

He added, “We just had a great discussion about American goods and services coming into Vietnam. Two-way street. I am confident that American energy, agriculture, financial services, aviation, digital commerce, and defense products are able to meet all of your many commercial needs. And, in fact, not only meet them but what we do is better than anybody else.”
      Speaking through a translator, Quang described his meeting with Trump as fruitful, saying, “The president’s state visit to Vietnam marks a milestone in Vietnam-U.S. relations, creating strong momentum for the substantive, effective, and stable development of the bilateral, comprehensive partnership.”
      http://texas-express.com/jehovahs-witnesses-in-vietnam-welcome-trump-on-sunday/
    • By The Librarian
      Sisters serving in Vietnam and rural Philippines
      Via
    • Guest Nicole
    • By Jack Ryan
      On June 11 1963, Thích Quảng Đức,  a Vietnamese Buddhist monk brought attention to the persecution of Buddhists by the Vietnamese government. After previous protests failed to garner attention, Thích Quảng Đức sat himself at a busy Saigon intersection, doused himself with gasoline, and set himself on fire. The crowd screamed in shock while other monks sat and prayed for their friend who, even though totally immersed in flames, never moved or made a sound. The iconic image is one of the most graphic and disturbing to ever be published but it did bring attention to the corrupt South Vietnamese government.
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Marek Markus
    Newest Member
    Marek Markus

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.