• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

via .ORG

World News

Guest Nicole

Ten killed in Texas high school shooting were mostly students; police say suspect confessed

SANTA FE, Tex. — A 17-year-old student armed with a shotgun and a pistol went on a rampage Friday morning at his school here outside Houston, killing 10 people — mostly students — before surrendering to the officers who confronted him, officials said. Ten others were wounded, including a school resource officer who was left in critical condition.

Santa Fe High School became the latest scene of carnage in what has become a national epidemic of mass shootings. For the second time in the past three months, the victims were children and their teachers. It happened during first period.

Isabelle Laymance, 15, was in art class, drawing geometric shapes, when she heard gunshots. She froze for a moment, then she ran to a back door leading to a patio, but it was locked. She and seven other students barricaded themselves in a supply closet that connected two art classrooms. She lay on the floor and called police, and then called her mother, whispering “I love you” while holding a friend’s hand. They shushed each other, hoping to avoid detection.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2018/05/18/reports-of-shots-fired-at-high-school-near-houston/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.939c3eed2948

The murderer with guns was stopped by good men with guns.

The more good men with guns  ... the safer EVERYONE is.

"NO GUN ZONES" only keep good men from having them ... and make a "safe zone" into a killing field, and a target field for murderers.

Among sane people, an armed society is also a polite society.

It's better to be a live sheep than a dead lion ... but it is better still to be a live lion.

....and safer.

The county next to mine is a war zone compared to the county I live in.

The Sheriff here actively promotes ALL  "good guys" being armed at all times ... and many times when I eat at Golden Corral with my wife, Susan, there will be one or two citizens carrying firearms on the hip openly ... for no apparent reason. 

One does not need a reason.

Its a basic human right that is guaranteed by many political entities... but those entities do that confer that right.

You are born with the right to defend yourself.

It is as much a natural right as breathing, drinking water, eating, and all the others ...IF you can manage and enforce it yourself

The Nations, States, Localities, tribes and groups may restrict these rights because under color of law .... they CAN enforce it with superior force.

In Nicaragua the government has superior firepower. That's what a Nations, ANY nations, Armed Forces do ... enforce political policy ... and if you don't comply with that policy, THEY WILL KILL YOU, AND BREAK YOUR "STUFF". that is the job description for ALL political Armed Forces, whether they be good...bad... or ugly.

When citizens are afraid of their government ... there is always tyranny.

When the government is afraid of their citizens ... there is always freedom.

The Sheriff where I live understands that, and runs for reelection on that platform.

The Sheriff of the next county adjacent to mine does not .... and they have a very high murder rate, and an over abundance of crime.

A lesson for all people to never forget.

The price of Freedom ... is eternal vigilance ... and good men to have superior firepower.

.... to be COMPETENT when the occasion arises .... and it does ... individually and personally FORCE bad guys to behave themselves.

The only thing necessary for evil to win ... is good men to do nothing.