The World News Media

Sisters: Please start having more children.

Notice this quote from 2017 Watchtower Study page 4-8:

"The Bible does mention a Christian woman’s being “kept safe through childbearing.” (1 Tim. 2:15) But this does not mean that giving birth or having children results in gaining everlasting life. Rather, it refers to the fact that a woman’s having children to tend to, along with the other aspects of caring for a household, may keep her from falling into a pattern of gossiping and meddling in others’ affairs. (1 Tim. 5:13) However, she may still face tribulations linked to marriage and family life."

• Views 524
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sisters: Please start having more children. Notice this quote from 2017 Watchtower Study page 4-8: "The Bible does mention a Christian woman’s being “kept safe through childbearing.” (1 Tim.

@Jack Ryan The WT tells us to put Jehovah first. To me a house of children which I had four kept me very busy even at times missing meetings. Sickness has to be cared for, mouths to feed. Much mo

3 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

Sisters: Please start having more children.

Notice this quote from 2017 Watchtower Study page 4-8:

"The Bible does mention a Christian woman’s being “kept safe through childbearing.” (1 Tim. 2:15) But this does not mean that giving birth or having children results in gaining everlasting life. Rather, it refers to the fact that a woman’s having children to tend to, along with the other aspects of caring for a household, may keep her from falling into a pattern of gossiping and meddling in others’ affairs. (1 Tim. 5:13) However, she may still face tribulations linked to marriage and family life."

@Jack Ryan

The WT tells us to put Jehovah first. To me a house of children which I had four kept me very busy even at times missing meetings. Sickness has to be cared for, mouths to feed. Much more would the cost of living be also. Keep it Simple! Most Women who love Jehovah put more time in helping others. In a perfect New World we will have perfect health and endless time for children. Jehovah will bless this Earth and those that live upon it forever. Now having children is a reminder of what we might like, but one day everything will be perfected and food, housing and perfect health will make it amazing! By then Jehovah will also restore my reproductive powers to be young again. Thank you for your thoughts. 

• 7 months later...

There are so many things wrong with this:

1. There is absolutely nothing in the chapter that indicates that Timothy was talking about raising children and caring for a household.

2. It is super rich for the Society to talk about women "gossiping and meddling in others' affairs" when they not only encourage their own members to do it but basically mandate it from their elders and ministerial servants.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.