The World News Media

Jehovah's Witnesses WorldWide Budgeting Meeting 2016-2020

Jack Ryan

Never before seen footage by the vast majority of JW's (much less anyone else)

WHQ (World Head Quarters) Budgets Department host a live worldwide webinar at branch level; held in 2016. This situation is serious, requiring drastic actions predicted to extend past 2020.

In this part 1, note the frank resignation to even more cost cuts, staff reductions, and other cost-saving measures.

In this part 3, note the admission that the Governing Body "realized" that they were in financial difficulty.

In this part 4, note the desperation "for the finances to get back on track", that "will need to play out over 4 to 5 years". Also note the drastic actions taken such as "ALL construction projects being wound down very quickly"..."Donations down"..."3000 properties need to be sold"

In this part 5, the phrase is used "unexpected liabilities" - would their ever mounting cases of "child protection" litigation fit this category?

• Views 4.4k
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do recall an announcement, I think quoted quite  publically, as at a district convention or circuit assembly, around 1980, to the effect that Bethel just finished massive expenditures on letterpress

It's really quite simple ....... Overlapping Donations.

I think you are right. It was around 1980. And remember that team (group) mentioned in the Awake! magazine you quoted? *** g84 4/22 pp. 22-23 MEPS—An Exciting Leap Forward in Publishing ***

Posted Images

Apparently the only one that knows "jack" ... is Jack

...and that's the fact, Jack!

In the August 2018 Watchtower, on page 3, the theme is "Do you have all the Facts?"

and the Scripture in Proverbs 18:13 is specifically cited "When anyone replies to a matter before he hears the facts, it is foolish and humiliating."

... work worthy of an ex-United States Marine, and a top CIA analyst named Jack Ryan, and a credit to his creator ... Tom Clancy.

Stripes_ That's The Fact Jack.mp4

I do think it is an abominable shame that this important information is actually DELIBERATELY kept secret from the Brothers and Sisters that actually pay the bills.

This should be shown during the mid-week meetings, and on Saturdays and/or Sundays at the weekend meetings. I take two caffeine pills equivalent to four cups of coffee just before I leave for the meetings, and I STILL sleep through about half of each one. 

Saturday I had to poke my wife in the ribs (gently), as she had briefly snarfled a snore.

1 hour ago, Jack Ryan said:

I would guess these are the financial controllers of the major branch offices?

I only recognized one of the seven. And don't really know anything about these men. They make it sound like the GB (from behind the scenes) is still leading the decisions at the financial end of the organization, something that had supposedly changed in 2000. But this might be wise and prudent after all. And of course, the way it is presented, it's all tied into doctrinal and Biblical understandings anyway.

I haven't figured out why they say that donations have never been higher, and donations are down at the same time. It was evidently only after the May broadcast that donations of $30,000,000 created a situation where donations have never been higher, yet the general donations settled back to their normal levels around July. So he must have been referring to the service year from Sept 2015 through August 2015. But he adds (in pt 4):

• "However, until the general donation picture changes substantially the organization will need to hold to the course set by the Governing Body with respect to spending, not only this year but in the coming years as well."

The minimizing of the effect of selling off 3,000 properties that "need" to be sold is surprising considering that the total is on the order of Billions, not Millions.

3 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

accounts and transparency... here it is served up

Hmm.....Seems to play only 24:54 minutes of a 42:36 minute session in Parts 2-5. Better than nothing I suppose.

Main messages?

• Set a budget
  • Monitor expenditure against that budget
  • Ensure you match what you want to do with what you are able to do
  • Don't let your outgoing expenses exceed your income
  • If it looks like you are going to spend more than you have got....Stop now!!
  • Review efficiency, redirect human resouces, liquidate redundant assets. Reallocate realised finances.....

Think we covered most of that in my business studies program introductory sessions.

It's good to see the organisation getting household management on track. Amazing how far we have come without these things being as firmly in place as they could be. 

I have yet to look at these  videos except to time them, and it appears that :

Video 1 = 12 minutes and 5 seconds

Video 2 = 2 minutes and 26 seconds

Video 3 = 4 minutes and 8 seconds

Video 4 = 4 minutes and 55 seconds

Video 5 = 13 minutes and 16 seconds

My guess is that this was originally one hour in length and this 36 minutes and 50 seconds is what survived after the hard data was edited out, and two years after the fact, these tapes were deliberately leaked by the GB as a "rabbit trail".

I have not checked anything, and perhaps I will sit down and ponder these things later... hopefully someone else will have done the "heavy lifting" by then.

11 minutes ago, The Librarian said:

ONLY $25 million in contingency funds for a global corporation? That seems staggeringly low for what I would have imagined.

One lawsuit alone in California wiped that all away.

I always wondered why the two lab mice, Pinky and the Brain, in their never ending quest to take over the world, went back to their cages in the Laboratory at night, where they were used for experiments.