Jack Ryan

• Views 20k
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. That's the point. Things like this can literally happen, and have literally happened in the past right up to the point of the miraculous divine intervention. In the past such things have hap

This has been discussed before somewhere and you know what my feelings are on this and I've probably mentioned this already but this is a good post to mention it again; the argument seems to be that t

The governing body has finally realized that FEAR is the only way to keep the JW's in the organization. I mean seriously standing in a field with soldiers heading your way, guns out... wth? This is like the Bunker video, but worse because now there is a song attached to it... this is way too much. I forget what the song was called, but they had everyone sing it at the end. People were crying. I felt so bad knowing how emotional some people got. Makes me so mad.

@John Houston  See links below for the videos you are looking for.

Wow that video is so nice, that is how we are living in Nicaragua currently, but in the video the soldiers are still, here they just walk, run against you shooting.... I love the part when King Jesus intervene, "Let your Kingdom come" 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How is this fear exactly when its encouraging you to find courage in God? Wow some of the things said are truly sad and shows that people don't use their power of reason. Bless all those who speak negatively against Jehovah and his organization. I cried and it was not out of fear, it was out of knowing that I can rely on a higher power for courage in this wicked system. The song was very comforting!

There are various genres in the film industry. In this video, there are several genres in one. I think, did not watch the whole video, just some parts. As they wait for the "end," these JW people in the video recall some or many moments from their past. In which they have shown their attitude and resisted temptations, remaining faithful to their principle  and so on. Some say that human whole life flashes before the eyes of those who are faced with death. These people in the video are faced with death.

It is funny that hundreds of soldiers surround the twenty civilians in the clearing, on the meadow. Strange military tactics or bad estimates of the commander of the army. Or is it as the WT literature says: "All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether those appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not." Seems how similar instructions  existing in army camp too :)))))

The movies exist to make us emotional. And that is ok. It not surprised me how convention people have tears when looks video. All people expecting some spectacular outcome, for movie characters or for those/us who watching. Because  while sitting and looking movie we have projections. We identify with characters, with the main actor, with events. In this video, the director and producer put a couple of comparative main characters. So there is something for everyone. For the old and the young, single and married, for rich and poor ....

We are beings who love fantasy and imagination. Of all kinds. In one moment when i was in prison for neutrality i had imagination too. That wall of jail would broken down as in Jericho and i will walk away :)))) and that was before some 40 years. And walls of that prison still standing and receiving "guests".

It will be nice that God making revolution and "neutralizes" all who are "bad" and those who are not so "bad" (but who are not "good enough"). And new society will growing. And same or similar problem will growing too. Because that is the nature of human, perfect or imperfect not matter. Just opinion :))

34 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

We identify with characters, with the main actor, with events. In this video, the director and producer put a couple of comparative main characters. So there is something for everyone. For the old and the young, single and married, for rich and poor .... 

One thing the video was conspicuously missing was, looking with big brown eyes at the camera,  a sad, hungry puppy.

6 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

As they wait for the "end," these JW people in the video recall some or many moments from their past. In which they have shown their attitude and resisted temptations, remaining faithful to their principle  and so on. Some say that human whole life flashes before the eyes of those who are faced with death. These people in the video are faced with death. 

I agree with everything you said in your post. I think you understood the film perfectly.

We identify with characters, with the main actor, with events. In this video, the director and producer put a couple of comparative main characters. So there is something for everyone. For the old and the young, single and married, for rich and poor ....

The film works very well. Some see the theme as fear and some see it as courage. It is mostly about courage, of course, but the backdrop of courage is always fear. That's why the song opens up with the words "Doubt and fear surround me." And the word "fear" is repeated in the song. There is nothing wrong with that in itself, but we have to be careful about the overall impression given when we discuss the context of the great tribulation.

The WT literature says: "All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether those appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not."

This particular film is fine, but we sometimes add the impression that the WTS will still be in full control and have all the right directives that we will need to obey, whether they sound right or not. It dredges up the "Old Testament" context of military authority, and -- just my opinion, of course -- this doesn't seem to be the same context that the Greek Scriptures prepare us for. [It makes the modern-day "ark of salvation" something more physical and material than spiritual.]

Fear is the compliment of courage.

A person cannot have real courage, without real, palpable fear.

Trying to be courageous is a goal of True Nobility. 

In the face of real danger, a person without fear CANNOT be courageous ... and if without fear, what he does is NOT courage, and he is also a fool.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather, deciding that something else is more important than fear.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."       -       Robert A. Heinlein

There are all kinds of courage.

Doing "The Right Thing" when in the clutch of circumstance and the game is stacked against you requires real courage.

It's called everyday life.

9 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

It is funny that hundreds of soldiers surround the twenty civilians in the clearing, on the meadow. Strange military tactics or bad estimates of the commander of the army.

My first thought was, with the first shot,  all the surrounded JWs had to do is drop to the ground, and the soldiers would shoot each other!

My second thought was ... why are all the soldiers wearing "masks", if they are going to shoot everyone?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.