The World News Media

JW Convention 2018 Final Video - English Version

Jack Ryan

3 hours ago, JW Insider said:

This particular film is fine, but we sometimes add the impression that the WTS will still be in full control and have all the right directives that we will need to obey, whether they sound right or not. It dredges up the "Old Testament" context of military authority, and -- just my opinion, of course -- this doesn't seem to be the same context that the Greek Scriptures prepare us for. [It makes the modern-day "ark of salvation" something more physical and material than spiritual.] 

In the Old Testament, Jehovah of Armies fought FOR the Jews .... but they ALSO had to fight ... or be prepared and willing to.

• Views 19.9k
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. That's the point. Things like this can literally happen, and have literally happened in the past right up to the point of the miraculous divine intervention. In the past such things have hap

This has been discussed before somewhere and you know what my feelings are on this and I've probably mentioned this already but this is a good post to mention it again; the argument seems to be that t

42 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

but they ALSO had to fight ... or be prepared and willing to.

Christians, too, but without physical weapons:

• (Ephesians 6:10-13) 10 Finally, go on acquiring power in the Lord and in the mightiness of his strength. 11 Put on the complete suit of armor from God so that you may be able to stand firm against the crafty acts of the Devil; 12 because we have a struggle, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places. 13 For this reason take up the complete suit of armor from God, so that you may be able to resist in the wicked day and, after you have accomplished everything, to stand firm.

And of course, the next verses go on to prove that our weapons and armor, etc., are not physical weapons:

• 14 Stand firm, therefore, with the belt of truth fastened around your waist, wearing the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having your feet shod in readiness to declare the good news of peace. 16 Besides all of this, take up the large shield of faith, with which you will be able to extinguish all the wicked one’s burning arrows. 17 Also, accept the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, that is, God’s word, 18 while with every form of prayer and supplication you carry on prayer on every occasion in spirit.

4 hours ago, JW Insider said:

this doesn't seem to be the same context that the Greek Scriptures prepare us for. [It makes the modern-day "ark of salvation" something more physical and material than spiritual.]

Agree. 

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.”  2 Cor 10:3-5

The knowledge of God is Truth.  Any argument against truth is a lie; showing that the war at hand and the weapons needed, involve only truth, to battle against lies. 

This is the theme of the Greek scriptures.  Jesus brought truth, battled the lies, and taught his disciples to do the same.  The battle doesn’t take on a physical form with the world’s military armies in the symbolic book of Revelation, but depicts how the rider on the white horse, called “Faithful and True”, defeats the Beast who received “spirit” from the false prophet - all to deceive Christ’s servants…with lies, since that is the weapon false prophets use.  Rev 13:1,5-7,11-17

This is the greatest, destructive “scheme” of Satan and not recognizable by the naked eye. 

“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.  Eph 6:10-17

The scripture’s “day of evil” isn’t what the video portrays at all.  Rather, it involves Satan’s deception of lies; and our desire to either battle against it, or stand vulnerable in an open field and allow the enemy, Satan, to overcome us with his “flood” of lies.   Joel 3:14; Rev 16:13-16; 2 Thess 2:9-12;  Rev 12:15,16

“And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.”  Matt 10:28

We can’t physically see the light and truth of Christ or the darkness and lies of Satan; yet, we know that both powers exist, and are present for us to decide which will enter our hearts and rule our lives.  2 Cor 11:12-15; John 8:12; Phil 2:14-16; 1 John 1:5,6

Since this is the case, the battle to remain in the light of truth, takes a concerted effort, as “the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one”. 1 John 5:19

On 6/18/2018 at 7:34 PM, Jack Ryan said:

The governing body has finally realized that FEAR is the only way to keep the JW's in the organization. I mean seriously standing in a field with soldiers heading your way, guns out... wth? This is like the Bunker video, but worse because now there is a song attached to it... this is way too much. I forget what the song was called, but they had everyone sing it at the end. People were crying. I felt so bad knowing how emotional some people got. Makes me so mad.

“A horrible and shocking thing
  has happened in the land:
 The prophets prophesy lies,
    the priests rule by their own authority, (GB, elder body)
and my people love it this way.
    But what will you do in the end?  Jer 5:30,31

2 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

why are all the soldiers wearing "masks"

This soldiers belonging to very very special forces extra trained to deal with pacifists people.... it surprised me that don't see water cannons in action.

....and when filming is over all going to Heineken stored and cooled in last year built basement :)))) 

3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

My second thought was ... why are all the soldiers wearing "masks", if they are going to shoot everyone?

They do in Russia.

That was a good Heinlein quote. For a while he and Asimov were all the rage as sci-fi writers. Which did you prefer and why? (Not a trap, honest)

On 6/18/2018 at 10:34 PM, Jack Ryan said:

The governing body has finally realized that FEAR is the only way to keep the JW's in the organization. I mean seriously standing in a field with soldiers heading your way, guns out... wth?

You completely missed the point of the video.

And those people didn't look afraid at all, and neither did the audience that you said got so emotional.

38 minutes ago, Anna said:

And those people didn't look afraid at all, and neither did the audience that you said got so emotional.

I suppose we would have to check the screenplay to find out how afraid they were.

As you hold the paper, keep your right or left  thumb on the spot where it is mentioned, so you do not loose your place.

Sarah Conner trying to get away from the Terminator(s), when she was in the nut house ... THAT was some good fear acting!

Sara Conner afraid .mp4

47 minutes ago, Anna said:

And those people didn't look afraid at all,

Yes, you are absolutely right. I went to see video clip ones again. People faces are not showing fear. I noticed that this little JW group assembled in the field because they obviously received some "instruction" to go there and wait. They were been warned in advance what they can expect and what would be the outcome. Because that they are calm, not panic at all. This scene support WT articles about receiving "instructions" that must be obeyed in Armageddon.     

So, yes, their faces not showing fear as in compare to JW group in basement video from 2016, they show fear to some level. And when male part of group stand before women to protect them, looks like bros are ready to fight against black man uniforms.

NOW:

Group in basement 2016 video was obviously died and resurrected in New World. So, does this mean that this (military) attack on JW people was happened before Armageddon?? No, i don't see that from video. It is Armageddon scene.

Because - This year group was also attacked from same kind of (military) people but not died at all. They were saved, by Christ action. 

Question is:  How is possible that one JW  group died in Armageddon and in the same time other JW group is saved from same "enemy" in same global collapse called Armageddon ?