The World News Media

Wanted / McLean was a Jehovah's Witness and found his sexual assault victims through people he met in at the Kingdom Hall / Armed and extremely dangerous.

Jack Ryan

5nmsSi-dbyqlY0-pONgLw0hyhaSklqALnNykLRcQ0Sk.jpg

Here are some clues to help us find him: 

McLean previously owned a business restoring and selling old race cars. His specialty was CAN-AM racers from the 1960Â’s and 1970Â’s, especially Lola chassis race cars. McLean was last known to be driving an older blue or green conversion van. McLean was a Jehovah's Witness and found his sexual assault victims through people he met in church. At the time of McLeanÂ’s disappearance, he was known to have at least $100,000 in cash. McLean is knowledgeable/capable of doing home/auto repair, McLean may be working as a mechanic or handyman. In the past, McLean resided near Winchester, California, and may still be in the Southern Riverside/Northern San Diego County area. He is an experienced camper and has frequented the Anza-Borrego desert and the Cuyumaca Mountains.

McLean is a white male, 5'11, 170 lbs., with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Anyone that has seen or may know Frederick McLean should call Deputy U.S. Marshal Tom Maranda at (619) 557-6620, extension 240. In an emergency situation, call 911.

More info at:

https://www.usmarshals.gov/investigations/most_wanted/mclean/overview.htm

• Views 2k
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The wanted poster supposedly uses the phrase: "McLean uses Kingdom Halls as cover to hide and may be in a Kingdom Hall near you!" Not to take anything away from the man's crimes, but this struck me as

Yes. But I'll tell you the real problem I have with manipulating information. And I'm not saying you are the source of the manipulation. First of all, it's no longer "truth" in the most appropriate se

Here are some clues to help us find him:  McLean previously owned a business restoring and selling old race cars. His specialty was CAN-AM racers from the 1960Â’s and 1970Â’s, especially Lola cha

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

Here are some clues to help us find him: 

What! They have been chasing this guy since 2005 and still haven't found him? Is that 13 years? How difficult is to check if he is hiding in a Kindom Hall as they suggest? More pathetic incompetence and under-resourcing it looks like. What changes?

18 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

McLean was a Jehovah's Witness and found his sexual assault victims through people he met in church.

The wanted poster supposedly uses the phrase: "McLean uses Kingdom Halls as cover to hide and may be in a Kingdom Hall near you!" Not to take anything away from the man's crimes, but this struck me as a "gloss" intended to speak more directly to JWs. So I checked it against the actual wanted poster and the phrase does not show up there https://www.usmarshals.gov/investigations/most_wanted/mclean/mclean15.pdf

That and a few other small things on the picture above makes it look like this was a specially made version just to share with JWs. (There are multiple typos, misspellings, and capitalization problems on the updated wanted poster, which don't show up on any of the actual wanted posters.)

1 hour ago, The Librarian said:

You have a real talent for spotting the small differences and hence frauds.

Don't misunderstand. It's not an out-and-out fraud. It's just that what is shown here was rewritten to supposedly have more impact on Witnesses. The updated case information which is also linked from one of the usmarshals.gov pages shows the person to be considered a true candidate for the 15 most wanted. I would have had no problem with almost all the same information shown from the original sources. It was almost identical. But there are dangers in trying to manipulate something like this. One danger is that people can start to focus on the inaccuracies and not see the greater picture.

(Just as an aside, I find it odd that it focuses on the US and Canada, when it's so easy for an America citizen to hop on a "metro" in San Diego and get to Mexico in just a few minutes.)

1 hour ago, The Witness said:

@JW Insider you may be taking it too personal. The courts are telling you where the person is known to have been in the past.  They do this with anyone.  It just so happens they are warning that he may be around JW organization and children.

Yes. But I'll tell you the real problem I have with manipulating information. And I'm not saying you are the source of the manipulation. First of all, it's no longer "truth" in the most appropriate sense. If something purports to be from a specific source, then anyone who changes that source is putting words in the mouth of someone else. It's therefore the same as a misquote. Since it has very similar meaning, it's more of a paraphrase, but even a paraphrase should identify itself as such.

In the long run, it often weakens the impact of information even when people think it strengthens the impact. Imagine what would happen if a person has excellent information about some mistakes the Watch Tower Society was making. Imagine that some of these, if taken seriously by the WTS, could result in fairness and justice for thousands of people who are now being treated inconsistently and unjustly. There were persons who publicly pointed out the inconsistency between the WTS political stance in Malawi vs. Mexico, for example. But by pointing it out, the WTS may have taken quicker steps to fix the problem they had created in Mexico. And in many other countries around the world, thousands were being unjustly imprisoned for the specific choices they were told that they could and could not conscientiously take with respect to alternative civil service. They, the GB, had already decided that it wasn't that important or even Biblical to hold onto the old traditional practice, and that a change could happen as soon as they found the time to vote on it again. But it was put off for a couple of more years, until a very public reminder was published in an infamous book by an ex-JW. In the meantime, during the delay, hundreds more JWs were unjustly imprisoned, but as soon as the GB voted again, the problem was taken care of just as the ex-JW had said. So what would have happened if that particular ex-JW had a reputation for manipulating information. Obviously, it would have been easy to ignore what he said, and just say that it was more lies from ex-JW apostates. Information can have value no matter where it comes from. Why weaken the value with manipulation?

Also, in the specific case above where some JW-focused information was added, it came across as both pejorative and smart-aleck. Even flippant in the sense of borrowing slightly from the advertising slogan: "Coming to a theater near you!" This gives the impression that whoever wrote it wanted to "stick it" to JWs in particular. This can "back-fire" having a devaluing effect on the value of the information. It is useful to know that there may now be up to SEVENTEEN different victims and that one of them was abused perhaps 100 times. This is important information. But a lot of JWs might look at this poster and say:

• "Look how we are being picked on talking about "Kingdom Halls" like that. Look how they are going after us unfairly. Look how they focus on Kingdom Halls. I wonder if they would say the same about using churches as a hiding place to find sanctuary."

Maybe they would; I don't know. But I do know that everyone has a certain amount of defensiveness that is natural for people of the same "tribe." Our tribe is our worldwide organization, and many Witnesses are quick to defend and grasp at straws to do so. Don't make up evidence. The real evidence is all people need.

(See updated news release on this same criminal here: https://www.usmarshals.gov/news/chron/2009/122909.htm )

• 2 months later...
On 6/10/2018 at 3:50 PM, JW Insider said:

Yes. But I'll tell you the real problem I have with manipulating information. And I'm not saying you are the source of the manipulation. First of all, it's no longer "truth" in the most appropriate sense. If something purports to be from a specific source, then anyone who changes that source is putting words in the mouth of someone else. It's therefore the same as a misquote. Since it has very similar meaning, it's more of a paraphrase, but even a paraphrase should identify itself as such.

In the long run, it often weakens the impact of information even when people think it strengthens the impact. Imagine what would happen if a person has excellent information about some mistakes the Watch Tower Society was making. Imagine that some of these, if taken seriously by the WTS, could result in fairness and justice for thousands of people who are now being treated inconsistently and unjustly. There were persons who publicly pointed out the inconsistency between the WTS political stance in Malawi vs. Mexico, for example. But by pointing it out, the WTS may have taken quicker steps to fix the problem they had created in Mexico. And in many other countries around the world, thousands were being unjustly imprisoned for the specific choices they were told that they could and could not conscientiously take with respect to alternative civil service. They, the GB, had already decided that it wasn't that important or even Biblical to hold onto the old traditional practice, and that a change could happen as soon as they found the time to vote on it again. But it was put off for a couple of more years, until a very public reminder was published in an infamous book by an ex-JW. In the meantime, during the delay, hundreds more JWs were unjustly imprisoned, but as soon as the GB voted again, the problem was taken care of just as the ex-JW had said. So what would have happened if that particular ex-JW had a reputation for manipulating information. Obviously, it would have been easy to ignore what he said, and just say that it was more lies from ex-JW apostates. Information can have value no matter where it comes from. Why weaken the value with manipulation?

Also, in the specific case above where some JW-focused information was added, it came across as both pejorative and smart-aleck. Even flippant in the sense of borrowing slightly from the advertising slogan: "Coming to a theater near you!" This gives the impression that whoever wrote it wanted to "stick it" to JWs in particular. This can "back-fire" having a devaluing effect on the value of the information. It is useful to know that there may now be up to SEVENTEEN different victims and that one of them was abused perhaps 100 times. This is important information. But a lot of JWs might look at this poster and say:

• "Look how we are being picked on talking about "Kingdom Halls" like that. Look how they are going after us unfairly. Look how they focus on Kingdom Halls. I wonder if they would say the same about using churches as a hiding place to find sanctuary."

Maybe they would; I don't know. But I do know that everyone has a certain amount of defensiveness that is natural for people of the same "tribe." Our tribe is our worldwide organization, and many Witnesses are quick to defend and grasp at straws to do so. Don't make up evidence. The real evidence is all people need. 

(See updated news release on this same criminal here: https://www.usmarshals.gov/news/chron/2009/122909.htm )

Excellent, JWInsider!

From the Official U.S. Marshals Wanted poster from the link provided by JW Insider.

".... Original Charge: Sexual Assault on a child (multiple counts)
Frederick Cecil MCLEAN has been molesting young females for approximately 25 years with at least eight known victims; MCLEAN was a Jehovah's Witness and found his victims through people he met in church."

HOW THE HELL DID HE GET AWAY WITH THIS INSIDE OF CONGREGATIONS FOR 25 YEARS !!?

I know how Prince got away with his "lifestyle" for all those years .... he contributed $ 30,000 a month to the local Kingdom Hall.

I believe a three legged blind pig could have seen what was going on in less time than 25 YEARS !

HOW THE HELL DID HE GET AWAY WITH THIS INSIDE OF CONGREGATIONS FOR 25 YEARS !!?

Oh .... I just remembered .... we are not entitled to know.

.... nevermind.

JW.ORG on Child Abuse - Claims vs. Reality.mp4

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.