The World News Media

I just jumped in. I never really traveled outside the US except for once to an International. I didn't visit ahead of time but did my research on the net and spoke to other Need greaters in Thailand. I created a video to celebrate this first year. Please help support my ministry by watching and please if you know of anyone looking to serve where the need is great please forward this video. Thank you      You can click the picture to see the video.!

• 6 months later...

• Views 960
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just jumped in. I never really traveled outside the US except for once to an International. I didn't visit ahead of time but did my research on the net and spoke to other Need greaters in Thailand. I created a video to celebrate this first year. Please help support my ministry by watching and please if you know of anyone looking to serve where the need is great please forward this video. Thank you      You can click the picture to see the video.!  

O thank you Sister for this video. Very encouraging. May Jehovah continue to bless your efforts. ?My daughter just went in October 2016 to be a need greater. I will pass this video on to her! Take care and all the best. 

On 14.4.2016 at 13:11, Selena1000 said:

Thank  you  so  much  for  posting  your  video  here,  sister  Selena...   its  so  wonderful ❤  and  sister  Judy  is  happy  too  for  her  daughter ;-)   I  will  show  it  some  sisters  in  my  congregation, Germany.  My  girlfriend  was  last  year  in  Indonesia  for  helping  -  she  is  learning  this  language  since  some  years.  Her  dead  husband  came  from  there.  Yes,  many  far  away  congregations  need  our  help !  Thank  you  again.  Agape❤

• Similar Content

• By Isabella
      A soldier has killed 21 people and injured dozens more in a gun rampage in the Thai city of Nakhon Ratchasima.
      Jakraphanth Thomma on Saturday killed his commanding officer before stealing weapons from a military camp.
      The suspect continued his attack in a shopping centre, where he is still believed to be holed up, initially posting updates on his social media.
      Security forces are in the complex and have rescued hundreds while searching for the gunman, with shots ringing out.
      https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51427301
    • By Jack Ryan
      We are pleased to make available the outlines for your meeting with the regular pioneers, special pioneers, and field missionaries that will be held in conjunction with one of the circuit assemblies during the 2018 service year. Please note that you will now be allowed the flexibility to determine with which circuit assembly the meeting will be held. Your primary consideration should be what is in the best interests of the majority of the pioneers, not what is most convenient for you.There are many factors to be considered, such as weather, travel distance, accommodations, and so forth. The theme of the meeting is “‘Grow Mighty’ as Spiritual Persons,” based on 1 Corinthians 16:13. For your personal reference, an outline of the program is provided below. Please see Circuit Overseer Guidelines, chapter 3, for instructions on making arrangements for this meeting. Circuit Overseer Guidelines will soon be updated to reflect the adjustment noted above. Zip: Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Unzipped: Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • Guest Kurt
      By Guest Kurt
      10 FEB 2017  Photo: jw.org

This year marks three years since Thai Government officials started using publications by Jehovah’s Witnesses as part of the national initiative to educate the public officials on how to address some key social issues. These issues include prevention of domestic violence, effective parenting, and improving physical and mental health.
      Jehovah’s Witnesses Publications Are Being Used To Address Social Issues in Thailand TWEET THIS
      These government’s national education initiatives are orchestrated and implemented at over 8,700 regional Community Learning Centers that are spread across the country. The government has also set up 11 Community Development Learning Centers (CDLC), whose main focus is to train the community leaders.
      The director of CDLC in Nakhon Nayok province Chaiwat Saengsri, says the goal of the Jehovah’s Witnesses is very clear and aims at helping the people and communities get to know their Creator. This is the same goal that CDLC has; assisting the community in raising their standards in the quest for peace and better quality life.
      Mr. Chaiwat also requested the Jehovah’s Witnesses make their publications available during the SMART Leader seminar. This seminar seeks to bring together 20 instructors and 100 community leaders from 28 provinces, who will receive training on community building and leadership.
      The spokesperson for Jehovah’s Witnesses in Thailand Anthony Petratyotin says, “We are happy to know that community leaders are making such good use of the Bible-based advice found in our publications. We will continue to make our literature available to officials, along with our primary means of distribution—our public ministry.”
      Some of the publications that have been used include the Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Magazine article, “How to Avoid Hurtful Speech”. This article was used to teach the community leaders on how to handle conflict in marriage without unleashing a torrent of hurtful words whenever a conflict arises.
      The publication seeks to explain why conflict in a marriage happens, and what can be done to end it without necessarily using words that will end up hurting the spouse. Some of the suggested ways to avoid using hurtful words include showing empathy, being respectful, reviving the feeling the couple once shared, avoiding verbal attacks, postponing a discussion when tempers begin to flare.
      Another article, “Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ” helps the participants in dealing with domestic violence by understanding the prevalence of domestic violence cases, why this happens, and what can be done to stop it.
      The publication offers practical advice that can help violent spouses change their behavior. The education has helped many spouses replace violence with kindness and respect. Violent spouses learn how to treat their better half, and eventually become witnesses that domestic violence can stop. The publication teaches about honor, mildness, and self-control, and condemns abusive speech in marriage.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • By Jack Ryan
      Recently some secret “eldersÂ’ training videos” that are going to be used for the 2018 Kingdom Ministry School of JehovahÂ’s Witnesses were leaked online. One particular video was very disturbing; it showed a skit of three elders discussing what the religion calls “regular pioneers.” These are persons who spend a high amount of time in the preaching and proselytizing work of JehovahÂ’s Witnesses; in 2018, these pioneers were required to report a total of 840 hours for the year, equaling 70 hours per month.
      The elders, in this demonstration, are discerning if three such pioneers in their congregation should be allowed to remain as pioneers, as each one has failed to meet that hourly requirement for the past year.

Despite this outright instruction to think of themselves as equals, Jehovah’s Witnesses and their elders dole out this position of pioneer, blatantly elevating it above other “publishers,” or congregation members. This is demonstrated when the men in the skit read a letter sent to all elders, dated May 1, 2017, which discusses how to handle various scenarios of pioneers who cannot meet their hours. The letter notes that a person could be considered an “infirm pioneer,” if they felt that removing the person from the pioneer ranks would be a “backward step” for them:

This point, that being a pioneer elevates you above the rest of the congregation, is emphasized again in that same letter, when it separates and divides the everyday congregants or publishers from these pioneers:

Obviously, to this woman and those whom she represents in this skit, the preaching work itself is not of importance; itÂ’s having a special title that says youÂ’re doing more than the next person thatÂ’s the real priority.
      The elders sitting in a room, judging and critiquing pioneers or any congregation member without them present, about any subject, is disturbing enough. However, this video also demonstrates that pioneering is not about how effective you are in preaching and teaching, and it’s not about fulfilling any command given by Jesus, or about the people you might be helping. This title of pioneer is about just that; the title. It’s given to those who toe the company line and is taken away from those who are struggling, in order to elevate some above the congregation and then put others in their place. This harsh judging and critiquing of such ones shows that the preaching work of Jehovah’s Witnesses shouldn’t be called “field service,” but should just be called what it is; self-service.
    • Guest Kurt
      By Guest Kurt
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. <<<

Even though IÂ’m serving here in DR, I love hearing about all the brothers and sisters serving where the need is great all over the world! Here are some of the needgreater/missionary blogs that I enjoy!

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      While the U.S. is home to over 350 different languages, according to a report by the American Academy of Arts and Sciences (AAAS), most Americans are monolingual. And this limitation can negatively impact individuals, U.S. companies, and even the country. 
      For example, the AAAS notes that learning a second language improves cognitive ability, assists in learning other subjects, and delays some of the effects of aging.
      Other findings: up to 30% of U.S. companies have stated that they’ve missed business opportunities in foreign countries because they didn’t have in-house staff who spoke the languages of those countries, and 40% stated they could not reach their international potential because of language barriers.  However, one of the most striking and alarming examples of the importance of learning a foreign language happened at the onset of the 2004 avian flu epidemic. According to the AAAS, scientists in the U.S. and other English-speaking countries did not originally understand the magnitude of avian flu because they could not read the original research – which was written by Chinese researchers.
      In fact, the report notes that just 200,000 U.S. students are studying Chinese, compared to 300 to 400 million Chinese students who are studying English. And 66% of Europeans know at least one other language, compared to just 20% of Americans.
      Many European countries have national requirements that students must learn at least one foreign language by the age of 9, according to data from the Pew Research Center. In the U.S., school districts are typically allowed to set their own policies. As a result, the vast majority (89%) of American adults who know a foreign language say they learned it in their childhood home.
      LEARNING STYLES FOR CHILDREN
      Children and adults learn foreign languages differently. Rosemary G. Feal, executive director of the Modern Language Association, tells ThoughtCo, “Children generally learn languages through games, songs, and repetition, and in an immersive environment, they often produce speech spontaneously.” And there’s a reason for that spontaneity. Katja Wilde, head of Didactics at Babbel, tells ThoughtCo, “Children are less aware of making mistakes and the associated embarrassment, and therefore don't correct themselves, which adults do.”
      LEARNING STYLES FOR ADULTS
      However, Feal explains that with adults, studying the formal structures of the language is usually helpful. “Adults learn to conjugate verbs, and they benefit from grammatical explanations along with strategies such as repetition, memorizing key phrases, and so on.”
      Adults also learn in a more conscious way, according to Wilde. “They have strong metalinguistic awareness, which children don’t have.” This means that adults reflect on the language they learn.  ‘For example ‘Is this the best word to express what I want to say’ or ‘Did I use the correct grammar structure?’ etcetera,” Wilde explains.
      And adults usually have different motivators.
      Wilde says that adults typically have specific reasons for learning a foreign language. “Better quality of life, self-improvement, career advancements and other intangible benefits are usually the motivating factors."  
      It has often been said that it’s easier for children to learn a foreign language, but Wilde disagrees.  “Although children tend to be better at subconscious learning, or acquisition, adults tend to be better at learning, because they are able to process more complex thought processes.”
      Wilde recommends an article that includes 10 language learning tips by Matthew Youlden. Besides speaking 9 languages, Youlden is – among other things – a linguist, translator, interpreter, and instructor. Below are his 10 tips, although the article provides more in-depth information:
      1) Know why you're doing it.
      2) Find a partner.
      3) Talk to yourself.
      4) Keep it relevant.
      5) Have fun with it.
      6) Act like a child.
      7) Leave your comfort zone.
      8) Listen.
      9) Watch people talk.
      10) Dive in.
      Feal also recommends other ways for adults to learn a foreign language, such as watching TV broadcasts and film in the target language. “In addition, reading written materials of all kinds, engaging in interactive conversations on the web, and for those who can travel, an in-country experience can help adults make meaningful progress.”
      In addition to these tips, Wilde says that Babbel offers on-line courses that can be completed in bite-sized chunks, anytime and anywhere. Other sources for learning a new language include Learn A Language, Fluent in 3 Months, and DuoLingo.
      College students can also take advantage of study abroad programs where they can learn new languages and new cultures.
      Learning a new language can lead to career opportunities - especially since multilingual employees can earn higher salaries. However, it can also increase cognitive skills, and result in a more informed, diverse country. 
      https://www.thoughtco.com/learning-a-foreign-language-may-be-critical-to-your-success-4135613
    • By ARchiv@L
      Thai Officials Using Jehovah’s Witnesses Publications To
                Address Social Issues
      This year marks three years since Thai Government officials started using
      publications by Jehovah’s Witnesses as part of the national initiative
      to educate the public officials on how to address some key social
      issues. These issues include prevention of domestic violence, effective
      parenting, and improving physical and mental health.
      These government’s national education initiatives are orchestrated and
      implemented at over 8,700 regional Community Learning Centers that are
      spread across the country. The government has also set up 11 Community
      Development Learning Centers (CDLC), whose main focus is to train the
      community leaders.
      The director of CDLC in Nakhon Nayok province Chaiwat Saengsri, says the
      goal of the Jehovah’s Witnesses is very clear and aims at helping the
      people and communities get to know their Creator. This is the same goal
      that CDLC has; assisting the community in raising their standards in the
      quest for peace and better quality life.
      Mr. Chaiwat also requested the Jehovah’s Witnesses make their
      publications available during the SMART Leader seminar. This seminar
      seeks to bring together 20 instructors and 100 community leaders from 28
      provinces, who will receive training on community building and leadership.
      The spokesperson for Jehovah’s Witnesses in Thailand Anthony Petratyotin
      says, “We are happy to know that community leaders are making such good
      use of the Bible-based advice found in our publications. We will
      continue to make our literature available to officials, along with our
      primary means of distribution—our public ministry.”
      Some of the publications that have been used include the /Awake!

Magazine article, “How to Avoid Hurtful Speech”. This article was used
      to teach the community leaders on how to handle conflict in marriage
      without unleashing a torrent of hurtful words whenever a conflict arises. The publication seeks to explain why conflict in a marriage happens, and
      what can be done to end it without necessarily using words that will end
      up hurting the spouse. Some of the suggested ways to avoid using hurtful
      words include showing empathy, being respectful, reviving the feeling
      the couple once shared, avoiding verbal attacks, postponing a discussion
      when tempers begin to flare.
      Another article, “An End to Domestic Violence

helps the participants in dealing with domestic violence by
      understanding the prevalence of domestic violence cases, why this
      happens, and what can be done to stop it. The publication offers practical advice that can help violent spouses
      change their behavior. The education has helped many spouses replace
      violence with kindness and respect. Violent spouses learn how to treat
      their better half, and eventually become witnesses that domestic
      violence can stop.
      The publication teaches about honor, mildness, and self-control, and
      condemns abusive speech in marriage.
          Thai Officials Use Publications From Jehovah’s Witnesses to Aid
          Community Development
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.             Resources
         Jehovah’s Witnesses

Jehovah’s Witnesses -Awake!
         Jehovah’s Witnesses -How to Avoid Hurtful Speech
         Jehovah’s Witnesses -An End to Domestic Violence
       10 Feb 2017  Posted by Alison Lesley 

PDF

Thai Officials Use Publications From Jehovah’s Witnesses in Community Development.pdf
    • By searcher
      After the discussion with the pioneers, all 4 were invited to a candle light dinner in the library of the congregation. 

• By The Librarian
      M. Stephen Lett smiling in Thailand

Posing with a member of the Governing Body in Thailand. M. Stephen Lett

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      I just spoke with my friend, she is a need greater and is serving in a rural place where there is no electricity, and conditions are not ok, so bad that she told me that she honestly does not imagine me visiting there, although I visit her everywhere she goes...the thing is that the small congregation of around 20 publishers was smart and attending the regional convention was so expensive for them that they decided to buy a modern second hand TV at a bargain price. They had the 3 days regional convention virtually, using a generator,  the elder downloaded the assembly program, despite it being an assembly with a different accent they still enjoyed it. There is another story behind to get the generator working, the  computer and cable that  connects the computer to the TV, but I don't want to make a large story, it is clear that Jehovah helped them.
      My point is that I am glad they are using technology, that is how it should be, and not making people  spend money they don't have and making  them feel bad when they are not able to attend assemblies due to money problems. 
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      A WOMAN who rorted the Medicare system for 10's of thousands of dollars will spend the next six months behind bars.
      Narelle Gourley, 40, pleaded guilty in Rockhampton District Court on Thursday to 55 counts of fraud.
      The court heard Gourley owned a medical practice from January 2012 to December 2012 and in that time fraudulently claimed $64,937 from Medicare by completing health care plans for patients and receiving the rebate despite not being a doctor.
      The claims were sent electronically to Medicare and the rebates were paid into the practice's account bank account to which Gourley was the sole signatory.
      In that time she administered health assessments, chronic disease assessments and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health care plans.
      The mother-of-two cried silently in the docks for the duration of the sentencing while her partner of three years sat in the gallery supporting her.
      The court heard from the Director of Public Prosecutions and defence barrister Maree Willey the details of Gourley's offending and life.
      Gourley's troubled life began in Victoria where she was raised in a strict household as the daughter of a Speaker in the church of Jehovah's Witnesses.
      She left school in Year 10, then and at the age of 19, moved up in the church to the role of Pioneer, door knocking for her faith for up to 90 hours a month while working a part time job.
      At the age of 21, Gourley had a daughter and when she was three-years-old moved to Murgon and got her first job in a medical practice.
      She then went on to work at QML pathology in Rockhampton for five years.
      In 2011 Gourley became practice manager at the Ross Medical Centre and when the head practitioner retired in early 2012, she bought the business for $150,000.
      She was forced to relocate the practice to Mount Morgan and it was renamed the Mount Morgan Medical Centre.
      The unwillingness of doctors to travel to Mount Morgan meant Gourley was paying practitioners up to $5000 a week, even hiring them cars to travel to work.
      During this time, Gourley's marriage to the father of her son was breaking down, culminating in her attempting suicide and leaving her faith.
      Gourley eventually sold her practice in June 2013 for $250,000, and has since filed for bankruptcy in June of this year.
      In August 2012, Centrelink received a number of complaints from Mount Morgan Medical Centre patients regarding health care plans.
      In some cases patients were unaware claims had been made in their name and in other cases they said they had never seen a practitioner.
      An additional complaint was received from a doctor working at the Mount Morgan Medical Centre who noticed services been billed under their provider number that they knew hadn't been provided to patients.
      Investigations into the fraud commenced in October 2012.
      Doctors and receptionists gave evidence to police that Gourley looked after all the medical practitioners' billing and would take patients in for private consultations to complete health care assessments for them.
      Gourley used the provider numbers of three doctors to process her fraudulent claims.
      One of the doctors grew suspicious when their provider number had been used to process 19 health care plans despite never having worked at the Mount Morgan Medical Centre.
      The doctor in question worked at the practice's predecessor, the Ross Medical Centre, for two weeks.
      These 19 claims resulted in fraudulent rebates totalling $18,971.
      The second doctor, who made the initial complaint, had 18 claims made using their provider number, leading to $20,147 being paid out from Medicare.
      The third doctor also had 18 claims made against their name, and unlike the other doctors, signed off on the health care plans on a number of occasions.
      They had previously worked for the Australian Defence Force and were unaware of how the Medicare system worked, thinking the plans looked reasonable.
      Although there were 55 fraudulent claims made, several services were 'batched' in each claim, meaning the actual number was higher.
      Despite the financial gain from this racketeering, Gourley did not use the money to enhance her own life, but fed it back into the business.
      Ms Willey argued although her client filled out the health care plans, the patients were still receiving the services.
      Judge Burnett rejected this notion, saying the plans by definition had to be signed by a doctor.
      Adding even if patients received the services down the track, it was unclear if they actually required the service.
      Gourley was given a head sentence of two years and will spend six months behind bars.
      After this time she will be released on a $1000 bond on her own recognisance with a good behaviour period of four years.
      No reparation has been ordered, but it is not yet apparent if Centrelink will take civil action against Gourley for damages.

• Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES CONVENTION (SELECT HMONG SESSIONS)
      at Sacramento Convention Center
      August 5 - August 7, 2016
      Each year, Jehovah’s Witnesses meet together in large groups at three-day conventions. Learn more about these annual events on their website.
      Note: There will be a select number of Hmong sessions throughout the convention.

Admission Info
      Tickets:
      Free
      Phone: (718) 560-5000
      Official Website
      Upcoming Dates & Times
      Individual Dates &Times:
      Aug 5, 2016 at 8:00 am (Fri)
      Aug 6, 2016 at 8:00 am (Sat)
      Aug 7, 2016 at 8:00 am (Sun)

• By Bible Speaks
      I was baptized two weeks ago. I decided to become an auxiliary pioneer in July. And if all goes well, I wish I can be pioneer the rest of the months! Lots of love from Famões, Lisbon, Portugal! By @sofyushkaaa

• Guest Nicole
    • By admin
      Three people were killed and at least 30 were injured after a train collided with a tour bus on a railway crossing in the Nakhon Chaisi district of Nakhon Pathom province, Thailand