The World News Media

Epilogue - Ruminations of a Cantankerous Old Barbarian

James Thomas Rook Jr.

I have been a contributor to JW-Archive.ORG for somewhere around five years now, and made somewhere around 6,360 comments, and although I think it is important that the Truth be fought for, and deception and error exposed, especially when there are cover stories to keep it hidden, there is a time to lay down the "rifle" and rest ... especially when there are those who are emboldened enough to carry on the fight.

I am completely worn out.

The Elders in the Congregation I attend,  have made it quite clear to me they consider my fight for Justice and Truth inconsistent with current policy, and do not view Freedom of Speech the same way that I do .... as a way to SOLVE problems ... and carve a pathway to true Freedom and Justice, and real and consistent Truth.

If memory serves, in Shakespeare's play "Henry V" the King of England went among his men at night in disguise to find out what his men were thinking the night before a big battle in France, and as he stood in the dark listening to them around the campfire, he overheard one soldier say (paraphrased) " If what we do is wrong, the King will have to answer before God, our obligation is to obey the King..."

I am stuck.

I feel it is my obligation to obey the Elders and the Governing Body, as to the best of my knowledge and belief, Jehovah's Witnesses are the "only game in town", even when I do not personally approve of MANY things that are  going on, or agree with MANY points of the operational philosophy, including the restriction of the exercise of Freedom of Speech.

Besides .... if 6,360 comments are not enough to make necessary points ... nothing in this "System of Things" ever will.

I would like to leave the Archive with a parting observation which I believe to be as much true as ANYTHING is:  Fight for what is TRUE ....  and everything else will take care of itself.

Iron sharpens iron .... politically correctness sharpens NOTHING! .....  and creates a nation of cowards.

Only with actual unvarnished Truth can you actually achieve REAL Justice ....... only with REAL Justice will you ever ACTUALLY be able to exercise REAL  Love.

Please, stick close to Jehovah's Witnesses, and put up with the silly crap, and the blatant, brazen error ... they are the ONLY GAME IN TOWN !  Such things are NORMAL among humans .... and always have been.  It was true when God ONLY dealt with the Jews .... and it is true now.

ONLY by doing so can we someday have TRUE Freedom, as the Sons and Daughters of Jehovah God.

I wish you strength, and courage, and resolve, and that through Justice you may continue in brotherly love, and the approval of God and his Christ.

James Thomas Rook, Jr. (JTR)
Tom Rook "

• Views 1.6k
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just found this, and I feel like I'm losing a friend. A friend I never met, that is, and a friend with whom I probably disagree with on more subjects than I can remember right now  Forums aren't the

. . I have been a contributor to JW-Archive.ORG for somewhere around five years now, and made somewhere around 6,360 comments, and although I think it is important that the Truth be fought f

I totally agree with you brother.  Going over your posts, I noticed some concerns of yours are global, some local.  But just like in he first century, the apostle Peter said: “Lord, whom shall we go a

I totally agree with you brother.  Going over your posts, I noticed some concerns of yours are global, some local.  But just like in he first century, the apostle Peter said: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life..."  (John 6:68) Today, no other organization is as close to Jehovah than the JWs.  And blessed too despite the numerous "imperfections".  Let's stick together and look forward to a brand New World!  Cheers.... 

"All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing"  Waiting on Jehovah is not the answer when a child is in danger or a person suffers in silence.  Jehu did not wait nor did most men cited in the Bible.  The interesting part is in most cases as with Jesus, they stood up to the religions leaders claiming to represent Jehovah and called them to task for their wicked acts.  Of course the leaders wanted them to remain silent and "Wait on Jehovah".  Thank you for your courage to speak out and perhaps in time you will find it again to stand for those who are afraid to speak for themselves.

On 2/17/2016 at 6:14 AM, Manuel Boyet Enicola said:

I totally agree with you brother.  Going over your posts, I noticed some concerns of yours are global, some local.  But just like in he first century, the apostle Peter said: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life..."  (John 6:68) Today, no other organization is as close to Jehovah than the JWs.  

Wait a minute. When did the 'whom' become a 'what'?

Dear JTR,

I have looked forward to your comments, and I am sorry to have you leave.  You have been the spice in the soup, so to speak.  Always remember James 1:17,  Jehovah in his loving kindness has given us the truth, the most perfect gift.  Stay well dear brother.  You will be missed.

"Cautious as serpents innocent as doves." That's why not everyone uses their real name in public discussions - there will always be someone who will be offended by something, and some of them can make trouble for you. Actually I was surprised you held out this long considering some of the things that have been discussed.         That being said, even when I disagreed with something you said, I always respected it as something from the heart. Your posts were also some of the most humorous I've read as well - especially the captioned photos. Your elders were likely doing what was expected of them within the organizational framework and were likely sincere with your best interest at heart (giving them the benefit of the doubt).

But if there is one thing I love, appreciate and respect above all else is that even when facing what for others would be faith-destroying realities they would rather look the other way to or pretend don't exist, you have maintained your faith in Jehovah and recognize where lies "the only game in town."  You have faced the "unvarnished truth" and are still standing.  You now have a tested quality of faith that you won't find among "head-in-the-sanders" - no matter how righteous they may appear in their own eyes. As I've mentioned before, hang in their, you are not alone. - "he that has endured to the end will be saved..."

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.