The World News Media

Have we actually had a DECREASE in Jehovah's Witnesses ?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

• Views 2k
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait a minute! Oh... nevermind.... we already got rid of the song "Theocracy's Increase"....... new light. Continue on.

So for decades where we were told that our worldwide increase was PROOF of Jehovah's Blessing.... This would then be PROOF of what exactly? Or am I just being too picky?

James Thomas Rook The service year has not concluded. I seriously doubt that any information within a regional convention would have the results for next year totals. This year totals are posted

11 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Prominent Brothers

Yes. I understand the confusion. I'm not sure of your native tongue, but likely you have a separate word for what is meant here. You know that the rather ambiguous language of English has many meanings attached to individual words. We call them "synonyms". Only regular usage helps with finding your way through this linguistic maze.

Anyway, the most appropriate synonym in this case would be (IMHO): "well known".

It makes sense that reporting defection by "well known" (prominent) brothers would be calculated to have the potential to alarm a greater number of faithful adherents than if such negative reporting was focussed on names of individuals that no one had ever heard of. I mean, isn't that why naming and attacking the reputation of members of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is an attractive pastime for those who wish to discourage the morale and activity of Jehovah's Witnesses in general?

3 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

And some very horror punishment came after this FORBIDDEN ACTIVITY

Wow! I am going to check my temperature in the morning....and get a GP appointment for Monday. At least we have a bit more info on disease these days rather than the euphemistic "pestilence". I want to know what I am in for if possible.

8 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

If they count they count only male members. Not women and children

Ah well! I wonder if babies count.......?

On 7/8/2018 at 1:29 AM, Alithís Gnosis said:

*** w18 August pp. 4-5 par. 8 Do You Have the Facts? ***

8 There is another danger in quickly forwarding e-mails and text messages. In some lands, our work is under restriction or outright ban. Our opposers in such lands may purposely circulate reports designed to instill fear or to cause us to distrust one another. Consider what happened in the former Soviet Union. The secret police, known as the KGB, spread rumors that various prominent brothers had betrayed Jehovah’s people. Many put confidence in such false reports, and as a result, they separated themselves from Jehovah’s organization. How sad! Thankfully, many later returned, but some never did. Their faith was shipwrecked. (1 Tim. 1:19) How can we avoid such a disastrous outcome? Refuse to circulate negative or unsubstantiated reports. Do not be naive, or gullible. Be sure you have the facts.

9 minutes ago, Gone Away said:

Yes. I understand the confusion. I'm not sure of your native tongue, but likely you have a separate word for what is meant here. You know that the rather ambiguous language of English has many meanings attached to individual words. We call them "synonyms". Only regular usage helps with finding your way through this linguistic maze.

Anyway, the most appropriate synonym in this case would be (IMHO): "well known".

It makes sense that reporting defection by "well known" (prominent) brothers would be calculated to have the potential to alarm a greater number of faithful adherents than if such negative reporting was focussed on names of individuals that no one had ever heard of. I mean, isn't that why naming and attacking the reputation of members of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is an attractive pastime for those who wish to discourage the morale and activity of Jehovah's Witnesses in general?

Dear GA, terminology is in text of WT edition that Alithis Gnosis used :)) 

By that i conclude how writer/s of article knows very well about who they want to talk and addressed  such nomenclature. Because only those who are "prominent" in WTJWorg can be useful to KGB, giving particular information of interest or as literature said ,""confidential information" who are not for those who are not "entitled" to hear"". And that are people in position of authority aka elders of all levels.  

2 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

those who are "prominent" in WTJWorg can be useful to KGB

Then of course our understanding in context would have to be informed by whatever meaning the KGB attached and whatever criteria they used in deciding who was or was not "prominent".

For those with an interest in applying bible definitions, the counsel Jesus gave at probably stands up whatever the language used. "But the greatest one among you must be your minister." Matt.23:11.

1 hour ago, Gone Away said:

(Who are they??? I really don't know who their audience could possibly be??),

You are most likely being sarcastic, but there seem to be a number of "couples" like this who evidently have nothing better to do than make these types of videos. These two look like they may be retired (and inebriated), but there are others who do this in their spare time? It must be a form of therapeutic exercise. I guess whatever works for them....

17 minutes ago, Gone Away said:
1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

ex JW is opposite (they are in opposition) toward (in relation to) JW.

not necessarily.

But an antonym of Jehovah's Witness could be Satan's Participant

Now, that is funny....:D

OR ... the antonym of Jehovah's Witnesses ...  could be Jehovah's witnesses.

Big "W" or little "w", for those in Rio Linda ....

.... or do you actually think Abraham, Jesus, and the 12 Apostles would ACTUALLY agree with things like Caleb and Sophia teaching children biblical morality, and the "Overlapping Generations" doctrine, when they, as Jehovah's witnesses, had the same understanding  of what a "generation" is .....  as every other human being on Planet Earth, before, during and after their lifetimes?

If they were alive today, and publicly expressed their disbelief for current doctrines and practices, all 14 of them would be disfellowshipped for apostasy.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.