The World News Media

It is Not Impossible That it Could Happen

TrueTomHarley

Today Presidents Trump and Putin meet for summit, and the New York Times tells of an exiled Jehovah's Witness who proposes Trump ask Putin a simple question: "Why are Russians who pay their taxes, follow the law and embrace the Christian values promoted by the Kremlin being forced to flee their country?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/16/world/europe/putin-trump-russia-jehovahs-witness.html

A simple [and single] question. To propose that Trump do this is exactly the non-confrontational style of Jehovah's Witnesses, and is proof in itself that they are not extremist. Moreover, because the goal is so modest, it is not impossible that it could happen. Persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia is not everywhere, but where it is, it is draconian, with police dressed in riot gear breaking down doors to arrest them.

Meanwhile (and irrelevant), I did a google search of "New York Times Jehovah's Witnesses." The second hit is an article from 1958, telling of (I think) the largest Christian assembly in history.

Remember, Google is personalized. Your results may vary.

http://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2018/07/ill-take-it-fake-news-or-not.html

• Views 3.7k
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look, I knew you wouldn't get off your rear end. I sent in enough to make up for you.

Oh for crying out loud! Will you give it a rest? It is a single question we are speaking of, not made in a confrontational way. Not a long harrangue. A tiny footnote in in 90 minutes of discussio

You forget that the letter-writing campaign made possible the introduction of this year's best-selling book, Dr. Mr Putin.... (assuming more people download it): In early 2017, Jehovah’s Witnesse

Posted Images

It is Not Impossible That it Could Happen ......

It is not entirely impossible ... but there is as much a chance of that happening as 5 million of the 8 million Jehovah's Witnesses sending an average of 8 letters each  to the Russian Federation Government officials, imploring them to act justly, and the Russians doing anything but laugh themselves silly as they received about 56 MILLION DOLLARS IN CASH from the JW Brotherhood, as the Russian Federation received  70% of the terminal duty of postage affixed to the envelopes, via the Universal Postal Union's policy and procedures ... and the Russians addressing their concerns.

11 railroad boxcar loads of mail that was sitting on sidings somewhere around Moscow, with thanks to this effort probably provided a LOT of "fuel at the proper time" last winter, for their wood burning furnaces. Perhaps they recycled the paper to use in publishing their major newspaper "Pravda". 

Whatever is the case, they STILL got the 56 million dollars from the Brotherhood.

It is not ENTIRELY impossible for Trump to ask a question like that, and Vladimir Putin look at him speechless and goggle-eyed ... slap his own forehead with the palm of his hand in revelation, and say ... "What have we d-d-d-DONE!?" (in Russian, of course) ....  and correct it.

My guess it is about the same probability of someone winning the Lottery ... having never bought a ticket.

20 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

11 railroad boxcar loads of mail that was sitting on sidings somewhere around Moscow, with thanks to this effort probably provided a LOT of "fuel at the proper time" last winter, for their wood burning furnaces. Perhaps they recycled the paper to use in publishing their major newspaper "Pravda". 

Oh for crying out loud! Will you give it a rest?

It is a single question we are speaking of, not made in a confrontational way. Not a long harrangue. A tiny footnote in in 90 minutes of discussion.

Look, he has to like Witnesses on account of his son-in-law's dealings with them. It could have happened. It was behind closed doors. Maybe he did.

I did not send any letters to Russia, because I knew it was an exercise in futility ... and I knew they get 70% of the face value of postage affixed. 

How many letters did YOU send to Russia?

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Look, he has to like Witnesses on account of his son-in-law's dealings with them. It could have happened. It was behind closed doors. Maybe he did.

There is only one reason that Trump's son-in-law dealt with the Jehovah's Witnesses ... the property was being sold for well  below market value during  a depressed Real Estate market at the time,  because  an internal "cash crisis" with the Society's Finances, and his consortium had the cash and the will.

It's all about cash flow, and profit ... nothing else.   In fact ... as soon as he could, he sold his interests in the former Watchtower properties,  to partner companies that bought the property.

It's all about cash flow and profit.

And there is no valid reason to suppose Donald Trump likes Jehovah's Witnesses ... NONE WHATSOEVER. 

He is publicly adamant that the flag of the United States be revered, and EVERYBODY of his intelligence level in general knowledge knows we do not do that.

No reason whatsoever ... except your predilection proven consistent over several years to fantasize about things that MIGHT be .... as if they really ARE.

... as you did twice, in your post above, which I quoted for your convenience.

Three times if you actually sent your ten letters to Russian Federation Officials

See how nice a guy I am?

4 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Whatever is the case, they STILL got the 56 million dollars from the Brotherhood.

You forget that the letter-writing campaign made possible the introduction of this year's best-selling book, Dr. Mr Putin.... (assuming more people download it):

In early 2017, Jehovah’s Witnesses were invited just once to write Vladimir Putin. Within two months, up to 49 million letters had been sent. They weren’t all to Putin – other officials were identified – but his was the most visible name. Trouble was not averted, yet Russia came to know of one nation on earth where every citizen cares deeply about every other. 
On the surface, the letter-writing campaign was a failure. Opposition which would ultimately lead to a Supreme Court ban of the religious organization continued unabated. It has only intensified since. Two and only two groups of children have been recognized by authorities as at risk of “destructive psychological influence” - children of ISIS members and children of Jehovah’s Witnesses. At present, the stripping of parental rights for members of the two groups is an unused tool, but it is a tool that has been approved for use.

Witnesses around the world felt and feel the heat on their Russian brothers and sisters as though it were on them. They longed to do something and here was something tangible they could do. By taking part in letter-writing, they fortified their Russian counterparts, who are now in the eye of the storm.
However, I have thought over matters. I can see that you have a point. I have revised the introduction as follows:
In early 2017, Jehovah's Witnesses were invited just once to write Vladimir Putin. They said: "You've got to be kidding me! That costs a dollar. And why? Just to fill up 11 hundred boxcars of paper that Russians can burn during winter? Let them freeze!
This is all your screwup anyway! The world would love Christians except for you! And don't get us going about shunning and the two witness rule! You have messesd up everything and it is supposed to be that the "every sort of wicked thing that people lyingly say about Jesus' followers is: "Well....they woke me up when I was sleeping. And they were a little pushy at the door." So forget it! We're not doing nothing!
Russian brothers entered into their greatest tribulation ever. They didn't really know if anyone anywhere else even knew what was going on. The brothers they thought they would hear from had all tuned into JTR. "This can't be the truth," they said. "Where's the love?"
#ublockhead

I LOVE satires on Mike Hammer, especially when Velda is mentioned.

You know she used to sleep on the floor in his office, and snored ?

This is one of the GREATEST satires, from the 60's on MIke Hammer ... by Fireside Firesign Theater.  The stereo effects are incredible.  Make sure you have your speakers turned up high !

Nick Danger Third Eye (complete) ~ Firesign Theatre.mp4

39 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I LOVE satires on Mike Hammer, especially when Velda is mentioned.

You know she used to sleep on the floor in his office, and snored ?

This is one of the GREATEST satires, from the 60's on MIke Hammer ... by Fireside Firesign Theater.  The stereo effects are incredible.  Make sure you have your speakers turned up high !

I haven't viewed it yet, but I will

Mickey Spillane's wife survives him and through social media, I sometimes have contact. She is an ardent Trump supporter. She loved the post.