The World News Media

Do people really need to know and use the word "Jehovah" or other language equivalents, to truly know God?

Jack Ryan

• Views 8.5k
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus always referred to God as Father, which should help us realize there is more than just pronouncing his name in order to know him.  Jesus made mention many times that by accepting him and his tea

Quite agree. Prostrating oneself involves more Prostrate oneself 1. Lit. to lay oneself out in respect or obedience in front of someone or something. Fall down   to drop or to

3 hours ago, Shiwiii said: "yes, but that is not the question. The question is not about why it is about how. How do you honor one more than the other?" Based on John 5:23: "all may hon

5 minutes ago, Eoin Joyce said:

Gospel according to Shiwiii?

Well, it seems it just comes down, once again, to opinion. I'm actually disappointed by this.

You do realize that Moses wrote Genesis, not Abraham, right? This was done under God's inspiration right? 

If the name Jehovah is so important, then why is it never used in the entire Greek New Testament? If men edited out the name of God, "YHWH" when they copied the New Testament, as only the Watchtower organization claims, then how can we have any confidence in any of the New Testament? Should we discard the New Testament or the Watchtower organization as unreliable?

28 minutes ago, Jesus.defender said:

There are multiple writers that were involved with Genesis

Moses is credited with the writing of Genesis by both the Jews as well as Christians. What information do you have that I can review that credits others with this writing. 

14 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:
45 minutes ago, Jesus.defender said:

There are multiple writers that were involved with Genesis

Moses is credited with the writing of Genesis by both the Jews as well as Christians. What information do you have that I can review that credits others with this writing. 

This seems to be following the pattern of Acts 23:7. So, in the famous words of Peter Jones, "for that reason, I'm out!"

42 minutes ago, Eoin Joyce said:

This seems to be following the pattern of Acts 23:7. So, in the famous words of Peter Jones, "for that reason, I'm out!"

Lol, and that is the sole reason why I can not understand jehovahs witnesses. They are not free to have an opinion other than the wt, lest they be cast out of the club.

6 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

Lol, and that is the sole reason why I can not understand jehovahs witnesses. They are not free to have an opinion other than the wt, lest they be cast out of the club.

No...I think I'm dealing with an Internet bot, also known as web robot, WWW robot or simply bot, is a software application that runs automated tasks (scripts) over the Internet. Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone.

19 minutes ago, Eoin Joyce said:

No...I think I'm dealing with an Internet bot, also known as web robot, WWW robot or simply bot, is a software application that runs automated tasks (scripts) over the Internet. Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone.

Why thank you for the complement.  However,  my point still stands that you cannot have an opinion outside of the watchtower.

"We all must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive whether they seem strategic from a human standpoint or not''.

So you have to accept and obey.

5 hours ago, Eoin Joyce said:

I think I'm dealing with an Internet bot,

5 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

Why thank you for the complement.

@Shiwiii

Apologies for this comment. For some reason, I was getting multiple copies of 3 of your comments every time I posted to this thread. I have traced this to a browser issue which I have corrected now. So I am not subject to what appeared to be an automated response.

On 4/26/2016 at 11:37, Shiwiii said:

I noticed you included the words "including His Son Jesus Christ", why have you included this if you do not believe they should be honored the exact same way? 

I included these words because  recognizing Jehovah's work in creating His only-begotten son is included in the reasons for assigning Him honor.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.