Jesus.defender

• Views 1.8k
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn't write this. This is taken from http://aservantofjehovah.blogspot.com/2016/04/on-false-prophets-and-false-accusers-ii.html?m=1 Suppose I had access to everything you had done or said sinc

If we have to believe everything posted "as is", then that also makes Jonah a false prophet. He prophesied that Niniveh would fall in 40 days and it did not happen.  And also Moses who believed that h

Jonah was accurately conveying Jehovah's message which made him a true prophet (cp. Jer. 14:14; 23:21). It was Jehovah who changed his mind about what was to befall Nineveh. According to the Bi

8 hours ago, Manuel Boyet Enicola said:

Moses "supposed" he was to save Israel.  But that did not made him a false prophet, right?  

I didn't see the part where he publicized to the other Hebrews that God had revealed he was using him to save them. Is there a verse somewhere?

8 hours ago, Manuel Boyet Enicola said:

It's funny, really.  There are a lot of "false" prophets out there that caught media attention, but it seems the internet is picking mostly on just the Jehovah's Witnesses.  Goes to show that JWs are "different" and NOT part of the world.  After all, you won't pick on your own, wouldn't you?  

I guess you haven't done searches on the SDAs or LDS or Scientology to see how much the internet is picking on them. You are attuned to noticing anything JW while mentally filtering out other religions' controversies (with the exception, perhaps, of the Catholics). Sometimes you just need to swim outside the fish bowl to see what's going on in the bigger ocean.

8 hours ago, Joy said:

Your absolutely right. As Armageddon draws near, thr persecution will get worse.

'Persecution'? You are not being tarred and feathered, are you? Are you being imprisoned and tortured until you renounce Christ? Are you being thrown out of your homes and hounded out of town for being a JW? 

Expressing criticisms, concerns and reporting negative behavior about a religious group (which all will admit is an imperfect one anyway) is hardly 'persecution.' 9_9

19 hours ago, Ann O'Maly said:

I didn't see the part where he publicized to the other Hebrews that God had revealed he was using him to save them. Is there a verse somewhere?

Yes, Moses did not "publicize".  But killing the Egyptian is in itself a "statement" and very powerful at that.....

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2016 at 5:13 AM, Ann O'Maly said:

I think critics are usually trying to redress the balance. Oftentimes the Watch Tower selectively quotes its own material to put a positive spin on a theological agenda or a part of its organisational history. E.g. the Bible Student views and expectations about 1914, or the 1922 'Advertise, advertise' speech that misses out a whole chunk about what exactly the Bible Students were advertising.  

Hi Ann,

Your reference to the "Advertise" speech stood out.  Quite right, the 'advertise, advertise, advertise' part is quoted a lot, but what they were being told to 'advertise', I think would be considered false advertising today. ;)

[ZWT 11/1/22 p.337] For six thousand years God has been preparing for this kingdom. For nineteen hundred years he has been gathering out the kingdom class from amongst men. Since 1874 the King of glory has been present; and during that time he has conducted a harvest and has gathered unto himself the temple class. Since 1914 the King of glory has taken his power and reigns. He has cleansed the lips of the temple class and sends them forth with the message. The Importance of the message of the kingdom cannot be overstated. It is the message of all messages. It is the message of the hour. It is incumbent upon those who are the Lord's to declare it. The kingdom of heaven is at hand; the King reigns; Satan's empire is falling; millions now living will never die. 

Do you believe it? Do you believe that the King of glory ls present, and has been since 1874? Do you believe that during that time he has conducted his harvest work? Do you believe that he has had during that time a faithful and wise servant through whom he directed his work and the feeding of the house hold of faith? Do you believe that the Lord is now in his temple, judging the nations of earth? Do you believe that the King of glory has begun his reign? 

Then back to the field, 0 ye sons of the most high God! Gird on your armor! Be sober, be vigilant, be active, be brave. Be faithful and true witnesses for the Lord. Go forward in the fight until every vestige of Babylon lies desolate. Herald the message far and wide. The world must know that Jehovah is God and that Jesus Christ is King of kings and Lord of lords. This is the day of all days. Behold, the King reigns I You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.

http://wtarchive.svhelden.info/archi...er/w1922_E.pdf

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.