The World News Media

2019 Regional Conventions

Jack Ryan

VeDloNc.png

August 1, 2018 - Re: 2019 Regional Convention and Rooming Arrangements

Dear Brothers:

We are very happy to be able to provide you with some details of your regional convention for 2019. [Announce venue.] The date of your convention can be found by logging in to our convention website, www . ibsaconvention . org. The website will provide you with information and direction if you wish to book accommodation for the convention. However, please note that the website will not go live until 9:00 a.m. on Monday, August 13, 2018. To access the website, please use the following password: [Announce password.]

As in previous years, a team of brothers has worked very hard to negotiate competitive rates with hotels local to our convention venues. We are confident that, in the majority of cases, our negotiators have managed to obtain cheaper rates for our delegates than could be obtained by individuals booking outside of our website. Some hotels have refused to negotiate, believing that they have no need to reduce their prices as they will receive bookings anyway. These hotels have been excluded from our website. By making bookings only with hotels appearing on our website, we may be able to motivate previously uncooperative establishments to offer better rates in the future. In some cases, only a limited number of rooms are currently listed on our website for certain hotels and conventions. However, it is anticipated that more rooms will be added in coming months.

Once logged in to the ibsaconvention.org website, if you require assistance, there is a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section, which should provide answers to the most commonly encountered queries. There is also an email address for each convention where specific enquiries can be sent. However, we encourage all to be patient in making bookings before sending questions to the provided email address.

We pray Jehovah’s blessing on your plans to attend your regional convention in 2018 and send you our warm Christian love and best wishes.

Your brothers,

PS to body of elders:

Please arrange for this letter to be read to the congregation at the end of the midweek meeting during the week of August 6, 2018, and then placed on the noticebaord. If you will not be having a congregation meeting that week due to a regional convention, the letter should be read after the Watchtower Study on the weekend preceding August 6. The venue and date of your convention will be provided in due course. Please note that the password for the ibsaconvention.org website is your congregation number.

• Views 9.5k
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The info provided does not support your statement on the adjustment made concerning 2019 regional convention from 3 days to 2 days! 

I read the letter ... neither does it disprove any statement. The supposition that it is two days instead of three days needs proof. In the absence of proof, the fair assumption is that it s

I went to the site and read about the kinds of testicular medical problems you can get from tight pants, and it reminded me of a dirty joke. Which you can find here: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/jokes/t

2 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

VeDloNc.png

August 1, 2018 - Re: 2019 Regional Convention and Rooming Arrangements

Dear Brothers:

We are very happy to be able to provide you with some details of your regional convention for 2019. [Announce venue.] The date of your convention can be found by logging in to our convention website, www . ibsaconvention . org. The website will provide you with information and direction if you wish to book accommodation for the convention. However, please note that the website will not go live until 9:00 a.m. on Monday, August 13, 2018. To access the website, please use the following password: [Announce password.]

As in previous years, a team of brothers has worked very hard to negotiate competitive rates with hotels local to our convention venues. We are confident that, in the majority of cases, our negotiators have managed to obtain cheaper rates for our delegates than could be obtained by individuals booking outside of our website. Some hotels have refused to negotiate, believing that they have no need to reduce their prices as they will receive bookings anyway. These hotels have been excluded from our website. By making bookings only with hotels appearing on our website, we may be able to motivate previously uncooperative establishments to offer better rates in the future. In some cases, only a limited number of rooms are currently listed on our website for certain hotels and conventions. However, it is anticipated that more rooms will be added in coming months.

Once logged in to the ibsaconvention.org website, if you require assistance, there is a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section, which should provide answers to the most commonly encountered queries. There is also an email address for each convention where specific enquiries can be sent. However, we encourage all to be patient in making bookings before sending questions to the provided email address.

We pray Jehovah’s blessing on your plans to attend your regional convention in 2018 and send you our warm Christian love and best wishes.

Your brothers,

PS to body of elders:

Please arrange for this letter to be read to the congregation at the end of the midweek meeting during the week of August 6, 2018, and then placed on the noticebaord. If you will not be having a congregation meeting that week due to a regional convention, the letter should be read after the Watchtower Study on the weekend preceding August 6. The venue and date of your convention will be provided in due course. Please note that the password for the ibsaconvention.org website is your congregation number.

The info provided does not support your statement on the adjustment made concerning 2019 regional convention from 3 days to 2 days! 

6 hours ago, olaogun said:

I read the letter ... neither does it disprove any statement.

The supposition that it is two days instead of three days needs proof.

In the absence of proof, the fair assumption is that it stays the same, whether that be three days, or thirty three days, etc.

What about this title for an assembly. ' How to avoid the temptation to use tights pants'

Maybe a new pamphlet with a warning message to all nation's ' Stop wearing tight pants before it's to late' 

Young people ask subject. ' Would Jesus have use tight pants?' They could turn it into a family studying subject.

I'm gonna send my ideas to the GB. Hopefully someone of the members gonna like my ideas and support this? I bet one of them is sound of mind and reasonable.

..... being a living anacronism, I too am so "yesterday" on all this.

Neither enrique's  or "Tight Pants Tony's" ( affectionally known as TPT) comments had ANYTHING to do with medical issues at all.

Enrique' s comment was merely a  parody of the bats in the belfries.

......... and as far a "Would Jesus wear tight pants?"

Under that robe he coulda had  a goldfish bowl with water and fish pressed between his knees!

Who knows?

2 hours ago, Gone Away said:

I went to the site and read about the kinds of testicular medical problems you can get from tight pants, and it reminded me of a dirty joke. Which you can find here: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/jokes/tight-underwear/1057145/

Or, it's a pretty old joke, so I could just copy it:

The doctor said, "Joe, the good news is I can cure your headaches. The bad news is that it will require castration. You have a very rare condition, which causes your testicles to press on your spine, and the pressure creates one hell of a headache. The only way to relieve the pressure is to remove the testicles."

Joe was shocked and depressed. He wondered if he had anything to live for. He couldn't concentrate long enough to answer, but decided he had no choice but to go under the knife.

When he left the hospital he was without a headache for the first time in 20 years, but he felt like he was missing an important part of himself. As he walked down the street, he realized that he felt like a different person. He could make a new beginning and live a new life. He saw a men's clothing store & thought, "That's what I need - a new suit."

He entered the shop and told the salesman, "I'd like a new suit." The elderly tailor eyed him briefly and said, "Let's see ... size 44 long." Joe laughed, "That's right, how did you know?" "Been in the business 60 years!" Joe tried on the suit. It fit perfectly.

As Joe admired himself in the mirror, the salesman asked, "How about a new shirt?" Joe thought for a moment and then said, "Sure." The salesman eyed Joe and said, "Let's see, 34 sleeve & 16-1/2 neck." Again, Joe was surprised, "That's right, how did you know?" "Been in the business 60 years!"

Joe tried on the shirt, and it fit perfectly. As Joe adjusted the collar in the mirror, the salesman asked, "How about new shoes?" Joe was on a roll and said, "Sure." The salesman eyed Joe's feet and said, "Let's see ... 9-1/2 E." Joe was astonished, "That's right, how did you know?" "Been in the business 60 years!"

Joe tried on the shoes and they fit perfectly. Joe walked comfortably around the shop and the salesman asked, "How about some new underwear?" Joe thought for a second and said, "Sure." The salesman stepped back, eyed Joe's waist and said, "Let's see... size 36."

[wait scroll for it]

Joe laughed. "Ah ha! I got you! I've worn size 34 since I was 18 years old." The salesman shook his head, "You can't wear a size 34. A size 34 underwear would press your testicles up against the base of your spine and give you one hell of a headache.

57 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

I went to the site and read about the kinds of testicular medical problems you can get from tight pants, and it reminded me of a dirty joke. Which you can find here:

WOOOooooEEEEEEEooooooo

It is the exact same joke I was thinking of at your intro to your telling of it!

Know about the Hunchback that got a tailor made suit?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.