The World News Media

Let us Appreciate Brother Lett

TrueTomHarley

2 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

....like a blind pig that occasionally will find an acorn  .... I suspect you are right on THIS one.

"At the home of Victor Vomidog, an alarm panel light pulsed red. Victor read the incoming feed. It was serious. Someone was saying nice things about Jehovah’s Witnesses. Instantly, he swung into action. There was not a moment to lose. He opened his door and whistled. The media came running. “Witnesses are selfish!” he cried. “They only think of themselves! Why don’t they help everyone? Why do they just do their own people?” That evening, media ran the headline: “WHY DON’T THEY HELP EVERYONE?”

"But they had asked the wrong question. The headline they should have run, but didn’t, because they didn’t want to deal with the answer, was: “WHY AREN’T OTHERS DOING THE SAME?” The answer to the first question is obvious: Witness efforts consist of volunteers using their vacation time. Just how much time is the boss going to grant?"

(from Tom Irregardless and Me)

Of course, it is about opposers' efforts to denigrate the disaster recovery work Witnesses are known for.

And to think I didn't even know you then.

• Views 9.2k
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many sincere brothers now are quick to defend the mistakes of the past by saying that the number of little ones who were stumbled was actually a good thing. We've seem multiple comments on this forum

I was there, and paying attention. I know better.

Hmmmm... I thought the Governing Body was supposed to be faithful and discrete slaves .....   ministering to ..... to the brotherhood. The IDEA of providing " food at the proper time" is not to s

Posted Images

9 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I have "Google Alerts" set up to notify me on many topics ... and your name showed up on an  EXJW Web Link.

Is it by choice? Or is it automatic, which threads are linked to EXJW sites. Especially a topic within a site that indulges and promotes EXJW agenda.

We also want others to share your posts to ALL the social media outlets not just our own.

Isn’t that part of the catchphrase and appeal?

On 8/10/2018 at 8:02 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

It is almost like what they said about Jesus, though not with the same degree of admiration: “Never has another man spoken like this.” As one brother put it: "Let no one ever think that Jehovah's organization uses paid actors.”

Let us not forget, it was the people that put Jesus on a pedestal and it was the people that became disappointed Jesus didn’t deliver on God’s promise in ancient times that the people got wrong to begin with. Did Jesus demand appreciation? Or would he run away when he thought the people were conspiring to make him something on earth, that wasn’t written in the ancient scrolls?

The appreciation that the GB deserve is the initiative they have to undertake a heavy responsibility and weight on their shoulders.

Anyone serving Jehovah in the correct manner is deserving of appreciation. That was the message from Paul to Titus. Any other Christian directive should be considered as a mark of Cain within Christianity. Since God made the laws that God and Christ commanded to obey. The GB are governed by those laws, and they don't promote any kind of thinking outside God's inspired words. Outside thinking comes from cynicism and a lack of biblical understanding.

6 hours ago, Grey Reformer said:

The appreciation that the GB deserve is the initiative they have to undertake a heavy responsibility and weight on their shoulders.

This puts it in a nutshell and is overall perceptive and appreciative of the work of others. The reason that nobody knows anything today is because at the first misstep it is 'OFF WITH HIS HEAD!' leaving only inexperienced clods to run the show.

There are new battle lines being drawn today, and they have to do with human authority. The trend today is to despise it in every setting, not just JW. It is also one of the trademarks of the 'apostates' discussed in Jude and 2 Peter.

We have overall largely fought and won the battle of 'is there a Trinity?', blood transfusion, military non-participation, from the standpoint of nuetral observers. With determined opposers they will never be won, and each new 'weapon formed against you that will not succeed' will for them forever be a grand slam home run, but this is not where one must look. One must look at impartial parties.

Today it is largely 'apostates' who are succeeding in doing what Jehovah's Witnesses could never do on their own: putting Jehovah's name at the center of all creation.' In Russia it is anti-cult. In the West it is anti-cult and child abuse accusations. None of the reports are groundless, but they are all misframed and misrepresented. The trick will be to frame and represent them properly.

Amidst some of these accusations, Bethel seems to me to resemble 'a deer caught in the headlights' but it has shown many times in the past that it can adapt quickly. Sometimes I think that the lightning-like chariot image is applied too hastily, but then other times it actually moves lightning light and I am caught looking stupid for wondering about it.

Responding effectively to some of the modern accusations is complicated by the fact that there are some places that Bethel just doesn't go, in accord with verses to not even say a greeting to certain ones. They like the model of the plowman who is not much good if he keeps looking behind at the furrows. They like Jesus saying wisdom is proved righteous by its works and so not responding to critics who lambaste him no matter what he does. It may be for certain perceptive ones to 'go to bat' for them, and knowing that they may not even think it a good thing to do, and that it may not even be. However, in many instances, Bethel is cool toward something until they see someone who makes it work. This is true of computer and internet developments. It was true of the quick-build arrangements.

At present it is individual rights, all the rage today, versus individual responsibilities, which is downplayed and sometimes ignored. It is the rights of individuals versus the rights of organizations that would ensure some of those rights in the case of minority beliefs. 

"Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country," are the words of John F Kennedy, thought noble for many decades after he said it. Today they would be the words of a cult leader.

I think the operating verse will be the one in Phillipians:

"True, some are preaching the Christ out of envy and rivallry, but others out of goodwill. The latter are proclaiming the Christ out of love, for they know that I have been appointed to defend the good news;p but the former do it out of contentiousness, not with a pure motive, for they are intending to create trouble for me in my prison bonds. With what result? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is being proclaimed, and I rejoice over this"

We might never have chosen the particular battlefields that opposers have chosen for us, but that does mean we cannot respond to them. 'They will lyingly say every wicked thing about you' Jesus said to his followers. Tell me about it.

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

At present it is individual rights, all the rage today, versus individual responsibilities, which is downplayed and sometimes ignored. It is the rights of individuals versus the rights of organizations that would ensure some of those rights in the case of minority beliefs. 

"Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country," are the words of John F Kennedy, thought noble for many decades after he said it. Today they would be the words of a cult leader.

That’s the “false” inclination of former witnesses and some present witnesses that think the GB was developed to do their bidding NOT God’s. The ultimate responsibility lies within, not others. There is no one in this world that has the power to save a soul by the actions of another. The GB, is an inspirational derivative, just as Jesus was an example to the apostles.

Anything less from a witness would be a waste of that person's time, and a waste of time on an individual they meet door to door pretending to be something they’re not, true followers of Christ.

This is why, apostasy is relevant, and should be closely looked at by witnesses. They should understand their surroundings, and what role apostasy plays in the last days. I believe 2 Thessalonians 2:3 makes the argument, factual. Especially, when the weak are influenced by speculation of how scripture should be interpreted. Just as God chose the Israelites in ancient times? why would it be soo outrages to think God wouldn't appoint an organization in modern times to continue his unfinished work of proclaiming Jesus good news throughout the entire world since Jesus was unable to finish what he had started.

4 hours ago, Grey Reformer said:

That’s the “false” inclination of former witnesses and some present witnesses that think the GB was developed to do their bidding NOT God’s.

Hmmmm... I thought the Governing Body was supposed to be faithful and discrete slaves .....   ministering to ..... to the brotherhood.

The IDEA of providing " food at the proper time" is not to spiritually feed God ... it is supposed to feed the Brotherhood ... QUALITY food at the proper time.

WHOLESOME food at the proper time.

We seem to have, with BLIND respect for the Governing Body,  evolved into an idolatrous situation, divorced from common sense reality.

3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

We seem to have, with BLIND respect for the Governing Body,  evolved into an idolatrous situation, divorced from common sense reality.

That is why perception is such a disingenuous and pretentious view for former witnesses and those that think along with, the same line of reasoning. That is why the GB work tirelessly to do God’s work as envisioned and made known by God.

Those witnesses that have a true heart to see this, don’t have a need to follow “blindly” as speculated, but with genuine faith. Those without faith and a weak heart set their minds to question God’s words.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.