The World News Media

At what moment "The Truth" has ceased to be "The Truth"?

Srecko Sostar

• Views 17.8k
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understand your points and you have expressed them very well. I will address each point you raised separately, but first I just want to mention a few general things which have perhaps shaped the per

Hey Brother Billie..your way out on this....it is undeniable if you watched the ARC...we as a people were found to have faulty policies...that’s a fact..we were forced to ammend them. Kids suffer

I think this point showed excellent insight. I wondered if this is what you meant from the start. The very context shows that the type of leadership in this case is more like the local elders rather t

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Yes but some pretend to have authority, so they demand attention. Whereas others are just honest in their thoughts and comments. 

Yes I know what you are saying....but the thing is..Jehovah is using them to get the job done (preaching work)...he is backing that work....and he will use whatever he has at his disposal  to achieve that...for as you know he cannot bring the end until the preaching work is accomplished...but having respect for what he is using and allowing doesn’t mean we are gullible....we still must be like the beroeans who tested out Paul before they put faith in him....it’s hard but doable ..

Years ago when I was struggling with anger and resentment a brother shared this scripture with me...I’ll write it as written In the message bible...

AMOS 5:13,14

Justice is a lost cause Evil is epidemic Decent people throw up their hands, protest and Rebuke are useless a waste of time..14 seek good and not evil and live.....

37 minutes ago, Thinking said:

Yes I know what you are saying....but the thing is..Jehovah is using them to get the job done (preaching work)...he is backing that work....and he will use whatever he has at his disposal  to achieve that...for as you know he cannot bring the end until the preaching work is accomplished...

May be not only Jehovah's witnesses are doing the preaching work? Even the Islam religion preach about Jesus' return. But instead of a 1000 year reign, they say he will reign 40 years. And that will be a very good and blessed time. 

In reality Jehovah's witnesses have not touched half the humanity yet. The moslim world, most part of India and most part of China. And hardly all those people have checked jw.org.

But basic knowledge of Jesus' return is spread by different religions. But Revelation speaks about two very special witnesses that will witness during a last 42 month period. And they will do it accompanied with miracles and powerful works according to Revelation 11.

And that will not go unnoticed to the world. And those two witnesses are not the GB. But they could be two anointed brothers with Jehovah's witness' back ground.  

If anyone doesn't like what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and do, they are free to go somewhere else to seek what pleases them. Why cause negativity with those you appear to associate with, but really you have a different agenda than what appears on the surface? Beautiful pearls will not satisfy those who are porcine-like. Find your happiness without trying to undermine the joy of the unity of Jehovah's people. Yes, we know that the other religions may officially know about God's Name. But, how many call on the Name of Jehovah? Do they think upon His Name? Do they respectfully think and speak of it to others? The years I spent in Christendom were a waste. I proudly carry the Name of Jehovah, and have been carrying it for over 40 years. Perhaps, you will contritely get on your knees and approach the throne of mercy, and beg Jehovah's forgiveness. Pray for his holy spirit to guide you in the ways of understanding and peace. Leave the worldly thinking behind. Meditate on the mind of Christ, not with critical thinking as the unhappy world is filled with. Let the joy of Jehovah be your stronghold. Serve the happy God in modesty. Love His perfect word. Follow closely in Christ Jesus' footsteps. Preach the Good News of God's Kingdom. Teach the healthful pattern of words. May you find the road that leads to everlasting life.

20 hours ago, Thinking said:

what you wrote above is all true...logical.....I get what your saying  and why you say it....but I’m sorry but I still feel you are missing the big picture....but hey...I miss a lot of fine details.....actually I often wonder why he bothers with any of us...:)

A family in a house is to God, as a litter of puppies in a box is to us.

5 hours ago, Martha Braun Amistadi said:

If anyone doesn't like what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and do, they are free to go somewhere else to seek what pleases them. Why cause negativity with those you appear to associate with, but really you have a different agenda than what appears on the surface? Beautiful pearls will not satisfy those who are porcine-like. Find your happiness without trying to undermine the joy of the unity of Jehovah's people. Yes, we know that the other religions may officially know about God's Name. But, how many call on the Name of Jehovah? Do they think upon His Name? Do they respectfully think and speak of it to others? The years I spent in Christendom were a waste. I proudly carry the Name of Jehovah, and have been carrying it for over 40 years. Perhaps, you will contritely get on your knees and approach the throne of mercy, and beg Jehovah's forgiveness. Pray for his holy spirit to guide you in the ways of understanding and peace. Leave the worldly thinking behind. Meditate on the mind of Christ, not with critical thinking as the unhappy world is filled with. Let the joy of Jehovah be your stronghold. Serve the happy God in modesty. Love His perfect word. Follow closely in Christ Jesus' footsteps. Preach the Good News of God's Kingdom. Teach the healthful pattern of words. May you find the road that leads to everlasting life.

I left the JW Org at the beginning of this year due to the massive amount of Child Abuse / Pedophilia that has been and still is allowed to go on in the JW Org. 

All you say about serving God, be it Yahweh or Jehovah, had no connection to the JW Org. This is something I'm trying to get into people's heads. The JW Org does not 'own' God. God, through Jesus Christ is available to anyone, not just through your GB. 

The GB have in fact put themselves in the place of Jesus Christ. They have said many times in the past, and it has been shown here on this website, that the GB have said, people can only be saved through Armageddon by being part of JW Org and by doing exactly what the GB say. Now that is putting themselves in the place of Jesus and its totally wrong. 

13 hours ago, Thinking said:

Yes I know what you are saying....but the thing is..Jehovah is using them to get the job done (preaching work)...he is backing that work....and he will use whatever he has at his disposal  to achieve that...for as you know he cannot bring the end until the preaching work is accomplished...but having respect for what he is using and allowing doesn’t mean we are gullible....we still must be like the beroeans who tested out Paul before they put faith in him....it’s hard but doable ..

Years ago when I was struggling with anger and resentment a brother shared this scripture with me...I’ll write it as written In the message bible...

AMOS 5:13,14

Justice is a lost cause Evil is epidemic Decent people throw up their hands, protest and Rebuke are useless a waste of time..14 seek good and not evil and live.....

Amos 5 v 13 & 14 

13  Therefore, those with insight will keep silent at that time, For it will be a time of calamity.14  Search for what is good, and not what is bad, So that you may keep living.Then Jehovah the God of armies may be with you, Just as you say he is.

I know nothing of your message bible but it seems to have it's own words. Very strange. But read the whole chapter and you will get it in context. 

However you say, 'but having respect for what he is using', Um, stop there. It is your opinion that Jehovah is using them, not mine. And when a person looks into the lies and misquotes, and backtracking, that the GB do, then a person can see that the GB is not being used as some people may think. 

The message bible is not my bible john ..I use lots of different translations but I do agree with you it can be fairly loose ..it was written for those who have never read a bible before and like simple phrases 

it actuallt advises its readers that it is just a introduction bible and should be used as a stepping stone to other study translations ..sometimes I like it ..other times I find it hopeless ..yes the GB have appeared to have sat them selves in  the seat of Moses .

we will all stand on a individual basis before Jehovah wether GB or not. 

But  you feel as you do..give yourself a break and allow some peace within yourself  ..find yourself a path that gives you that..get on with your life and enjoy it .

8 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

I left the JW Org at the beginning of this year due to the massive amount of Child Abuse / Pedophilia that has been and still is allowed to go on in the JW Org. 

All you say about serving God, be it Yahweh or Jehovah, had no connection to the JW Org. This is something I'm trying to get into people's heads. The JW Org does not 'own' God. God, through Jesus Christ is available to anyone, not just through your GB. 

The GB have in fact put themselves in the place of Jesus Christ. They have said many times in the past, and it has been shown here on this website, that the GB have said, people can only be saved through Armageddon by being part of JW Org and by doing exactly what the GB say. Now that is putting themselves in the place of Jesus and its totally wrong. 

Yes it is John ...just as it was wrong of Arron to build the golden calf in the wilderness...some witnesses seem to live in fairy land and think we as a people are so different to the Israelites of the wilderness when in fact we are the same. 

But don't let it escape your notice .... just as Moses did finally come down of that mountain and sort that wayward people out...so too will jesus come back and sort us lot out,,, 

so you leave because of wrong doing of a few in power ... what is escaping your notice is when those in the wilderness were directed to go forth and take the land ...only Joshua and Kaleb stood firm .. the rest had no faith in their God ... who were they ....they were the cheiftans of the tribes..men in authority ...they were not just any little Israelite man from the camp..they were probably men that were hand picked by Moses ...yet their error brought calamity down on their own people ....these things are relayed to us for an example ..to teach us ....can we really expect it to be so different today.

instead of causing division and doubt why not consider Joshua's and Kalebs insight and understanding... why not imitate their faith and encourage those in this confusing time that Jesus will return just as Moses did and sort this mess out and bring about justice and peace to the hurt sheep ...

On 11/2/2018 at 4:32 PM, Equivocation said:

@JOHN BUTLER If they never claimed to be inspired, it should be obvious that they are taking notes. The Bible verses you posted cites what context of it reads, the nwt Bible shows this too.

Us men are imperfect, and even prophets, priests and the anointed fits this description, for in present day, we still never heard them, orally say they are, not even in the past and there is evidence.

causes for stumbling: Or “stumbling blocks.” The original meaning of the Greek word skanʹda·lon is thought to have referred to a trap; some suggest that it was the stick in the trap to which bait was attached. By extension, the word came to refer to any impediment that would cause one to stumble or fall. In a figurative sense, it refers to an action or a circumstance that leads a person to follow an improper course, to stumble or fall morally, or to fall into sin. At Luke 17:2, the related verb skan·da·liʹzo, translated “stumble,” could also be rendered “become a snare to; cause to sin.”

Do not expect much. Everyone knows that even when they were Bible Students, their own Pastor never claimed to be inspired, yet former disgruntled ones always say JWs have claimed to be inspired, well their leaders. The irony is they say nothing of the ones they now follow, who did claim inspiration, a direct counterpart of JWs however these leaders re of mainstream Christendom.

These same people do not know their Bible as well as they think, mainly when it comes to omitted verses and the like, ignorant of Textual Criticism.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.