The World News Media

Heater broken on my 2014 Chevy Volt

Automobiles

I noticed that when on battery only mode the heater would not send hot air even though the temperature selector was all the way up to HI

Ugh.... I had to set up a service appointment today to get it looked at. Hopefully it is under warranty.

I was reading that it could be something as simple as a blown fuse. (crossing my fingers)

• Views 447
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went into the  dealership today .... 

Ends up the AC pump stopped working due to dirt and grime that gets into the fans and stops the pump over time.

It cost me $687 to replace and the nice service guy even accepted my 50% off labor coupon.

Here is the kicker..... once the High Voltage technician installed the part .... the "system" threw an error...

Evidently the "controller" that controls that pump is what is defective ... guess what.... it costs $1330.

None of this is part of the "powertrain".

Lesson here?  He said to never heat up your car using electricity.... that I should run the gas and heat up the car that way and only use the electric heater once the car has warmed up.

Shaking my head.....

• 4 weeks later...

So it is now NOVEMBER and I cannot get GM customer care to even call me back.

I suspect the Alan Webb Vancouver, WA dealership's unauthorized "software update" is what actually caused my controller to go bad.

When did I authorize GM to update my software in the first place?

Now I cannot get GM to even call me after calling them and leaving them messages repeatedly for over 2 weeks.

I am getting to the point of recommending that people avoid GM products altogether.

Tesla is starting to look better with each passing day.

I'll let you know if they ever call me back and make good on their stupid car.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.