The World News Media

• Views 10k
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Space Merchant  True Christian JW's are supposed to 'quit being fashioned after this system of things' and put away national identities and embrace the JW culture above all. There is NO place fo

Are but who's choice of modesty ? Oh of course the GB's and the Elders.   Maybe what Jehovah wants of every one is a bit of individuality.     Are I've just noticed you say 'JW' standards, n

Should we make the Brothers and Sisters who won the genetic lottery, the ones who are handsome and beautiful, beat themselves in the face with a steel rod until they resemble the rest of us ... and th

Posted Images

@James Thomas Rook Jr. Although I do not fancy graphic shirts such as these, but aren't you a bit too old for such things? Also speaking about graphic shirts, sometimes an image or a word, on said shirt, can trigger someone and or a group of people, perhaps trigger either of the sexes or both. And we already know the situation with an example professed above.

@Equivocation The haste of such situation's escalation is indeed fast.

That being said, you do realize how events such as these play out in the global mafia of things, right? Then again, I would save you the Truther Banter, I profess from time to time, for I had said such regarding the compact already.

I see that some people on here do not like the truth i speak about the JW Org and it seems that in order to try to have me removed they are pretending that I am racist. 

@admin  Can we put a stop to these accusations against me please. I am not racist but it's a well known thing that if enough people say that i am then it will start to be believed.

It is most unfortunate that some people cannot lose a discussion without some sort of reprisal. 

On 2/10/2019 at 2:05 PM, Equivocation said:

This still doesn't hide the fact of you speaking the way you did and assume people in that pot are all from the hood. And your hood talk is indeed stereotyping and near the line of racism

@Equivocation Please refrain from further instigation. If you want such a conversation please PM each other. Not on a public thread.

@JOHN BUTLER Please PM people back. You should know by now to start a new topic or hold your conversations on someone's wall rather than go so way off topic 

@JOHN BUTLER Just next time never use speech mockery, in this sense, Ebonics. The type of speech isn't the best to express and or explore, when in some situations, be it of a person of said community and or knows such ones of said community, rich or poor, can easily trigger, provoke strong, and often negative responses - this is not an just fact, it is absolute and certain lines can nearly be crossed. As for you @Equivocation, when it comes to linguistic mockery, especially the use of mock speech, in this case, the use of Ebonics, sometimes people do not know any better, in Mr. Butler's case, he believes misconceptions, so that alone shows. Other than that, assuming leads to conflict of such things, hence the outcome of the off-topic discussion. Unfortunately, things tend to go on like this when things get a bit too off-topic, ironically enough it began with "uncle".

That being said, picking up with what was addressed earlier on, pertaining to what you said, child, mini skirts and very tight clothing is immodest, plus in some cases people wear such to cause a scene, be it in the common church and or workplace, draw attention and to trigger, such wants see to increase their value or attractiveness, in this sense, the wrong way.

Since you are a teenager, some of us who are raised in the 90s can relate, there are, even in my days, young ones who dress up in such a way that is inappropriate, reasons why in some cases, schools had to regulate things, in some cases, enforce, and treated a ruling of a strict dress code. An example would be cross-dressing, and in some cases, for girls, shirts and or tees that are bra straps or exposed shoulders, very short low cut shorts and or jeans, anything that exposed the body way too much and so forth. Since race is being discussed here to some degree, sometimes due to the hair style it can trigger people, even a teacher. Regarding immodest clothing, such in this case would cause schools, those in authority, to react, as stated before regarding all things pretianing to teaching children, some teachers are not always there to teach and have something else in mind, such as these recent events regarding female teacher(s), example.

Now when it comes to Christians, we shouldn't be going on about the things of this world when it comes to dressing up, this goes for anyone, anywhere, for like us, they know the difference between modest and immodest, and would not go about their own understand of this sort vs. that of God. And someone brought up something regarding suits and ties being traditions of men, the answer is NO. A suit and tie is just clothing, it would only pretian to traditions of men if said suit and tie is sporting something that is very unpractical to Christians and or the church. But it seems the sense of style that derives from the world, actual works of men who tend to shift things from modest to over the top immodest, this has indeed become a problem.

To quote a Christian woman who spoke about this matter "We shouldn't be deliberately causing anyone to stumble. Would you wear a muscle shirt and tight jeans to church."

That being said, this modest vs. immodest stems not just from Christians, but to others as well, and even in public places. And it has gone to, in a sense, to the extreme, over sexualization of clothing as well, welcoming it to the public eye as if it is no issue to the people of the nation, which results in a Red vs. Blue situation whereas there are those for it and those against it.

But of course, their fruit becomes the problems of many. Th're shall beest people, those f'r 'r 'gainst. In the endeth t cometh thy burden at which hour t cometh to thy doth'r.

7 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

@JOHN BUTLER Just next time never use speech mockery, in this sense, Ebonics. The type of speech isn't the best to express and or explore, when in some situations, be it of a person of said community and or knows such ones of said community, rich or poor, can easily trigger, provoke strong, and often negative responses - this is not an just fact, it is absolute and certain lines can nearly be crossed. As for you @Equivocation, when it comes to linguistic mockery, especially the use of mock speech, in this case, the use of Ebonics, sometimes people do not know any better, in Mr. Butler's case, he believes misconceptions, so that alone shows. Other than that, assuming leads to conflict of such things, hence the outcome of the off-topic discussion. Unfortunately, things tend to go on like this when things get a bit too off-topic, ironically enough it began with "uncle".

What about “post in their wall or PM them” was not clear?

On 3/1/2019 at 6:42 PM, Space Merchant said:

Although I do not fancy graphic shirts such as these, but aren't you a bit too old for such things? Also speaking about graphic shirts, sometimes an image or a word, on said shirt, can trigger someone and or a group of people, perhaps trigger either of the sexes or both. And we already know the situation with an example professed above

Whaaaaaaa

8 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

Whaaaaaaa

In layman's terms, certain pieces of clothing that is revealing and or professes a message can and will trigger someone, i.e. swastika attire triggers a reaction and or response, which can go from minor to violent in the slightest of escalation. And what was mentioned above is a red maga hat that sends people into a mental state of blood boiling rage, even the MSM gets into it sometimes, but you know what they say about the powers that be in all this of such nature and various things pushed out to the people. It is no wonder a good 20% of people in the US tends to stay away from such things.

That being said, even despite such, I was never a fan of graphic tees, I keep it plain, always, even during the island days.

Words can give off shots stronger than bullets, the same can be said of inappropriateness and immodesty, ammo of immorality.

@Space Merchant But that's the thing. It is becoming a norm in the world when people don't seem to give a bit if care. Nuditiy is seen as nothing in certain cities and even in those parts there are people younger than me who has to deal with these things, ending up being scarred for life and some would say. How I see it is that when people speak up on this, they are mocked and ridiculed, for instance, tight pants, and I know for you guys who lived through the 90s the style kinda came into the schools where boys would actually wear skinny girl jean pants and the style catches on, people embrace it and thinks is okay, but when someone speaks up, they think the people is out of his or her depth and now we have the cross dressing situation and people support this, others are foaming out the mouth mad about it.

In short we should be doing things in God's glory especially when it comes to clothing and decisions in that nature - 1 Corinthians 10:31 and Philippians 2:4. But not a whole lot of folks out there take things seriously when it comes to this.

It plays into sexual immorality also. Weak people who get caught up in the desire of the flesh don't realize they set themselves up, and people do this willingly mainly other teens my age at school. 

7 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

In layman's terms, certain pieces of clothing that is revealing and or professes a message can and will trigger someone, i.e. swastika attire triggers a reaction and or response, which can go from minor to violent in the slightest of escalation. And what was mentioned above is a red maga hat that sends people into a mental state of blood boiling rage, even the MSM gets into it sometimes, but you know what they say about the powers that be in all this of such nature and various things pushed out to the people. It is no wonder a good 20% of people in the US tends to stay away from such things.

That being said, even despite such, I was never a fan of graphic tees, I keep it plain, always, even during the island days.

Words can give off shots stronger than bullets, the same can be said of inappropriateness and immodesty, ammo of immorality.

Here we go again with technicalities. 

You're right sm, it might offend some. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.