The World News Media

8gi1bxcg09p11.jpg

Source: jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-july-2018/we-belong-to-jehovah/

So having nice hair and a good outfit is apparently bad? I see people dress like this at the convention all the time lol

Wild colored socks.

Anthony Morris III actually wasn’t saying thereÂ’s anything wrong with that. He said that sock color was a matter of taste, and that he thought some of these young brothers with brightly colored socks were demonstrating poor taste, but it wasnÂ’t immodest.

- Anthony Morris III - Governing Body member speaking at the US Branch Visit on November 8, 2014 

Tight Pants

(tight pants on the young brothers who the worldly gay designers are drooling over at 27:35)

“…and the other one that needs addressing is for these young fellows, cause the older ones aren’t doing much of it, thankfully, uhhh, it’s the metrosexual look. We’ve addressed that in the past, we’ve said things about it, but what’s happened now has really caught on more. 

Now the metrosexual look, that’s the tight suit jacket and the tight pants, better known as ‘tight pants’. (laughter) And, uh, they are tight, I mean tight all the way down to the ankles. And, that is not modest brothers. No. It’s not appropriate. It’s not sound of mind. 

And I was proud of one Circuit Overseer who told me this past summer at one of the Intl. Conventions, 'cuz he brought it up, one of these fellows, he shows up for his Circuit Overseer’s visit and wants to go out in the ministry work with him, door-to-door, he’s wearing 'tight pants’. And the Circuit Overseer was man enough, spiritual man enough to say, 'No. I’m not going door-to-door with you. Not with that dress on. Inappropriate.' 

So a lot to think about and you elders out there listening in, and be kind now, we always want to try to imitate Christ Jesus. You be spiritual man enough to tell these young fellows 'You don’t go out in the ministry looking like that. Not in this organization.' 
And frankly I have asked sister after sister, 'You know, what do you think of this? Do you find that appealing, attractive? You know, I’m just curious, 'cause I’m not a woman. Ahhh.’ (laughter) And you know what, I’ve not found one yet that thought they look good. (Garbled, poor audio quality for a couple seconds.) 

And this is a fact, the homosexuals that are designing these clothes, they like you in tight pants. (Huge laughter) Not, spiritual people. So, it’s something to consider for Christian grooming. Is it appropriate? Is it modest? Does it display soundness of mind? If not, do something about it.”

- Anthony Morris III - Governing Body member speaking at the US Branch Visit on November 8, 2014 

Spanx

“…what it is is this Spanx, this skin-tight stuff they wear. Now, are you sisters wearing this in the ministry? No. I can’t say that I’ve ever seen that. But when they exercise, they leave their home and they’re jogging in this stuff? 

Look at the verse. Is that appropriate to wear skin-tight Spanx or whatever they call them? It’s not modest and it’s certainly not sound of mind. It’s really inappropriate. There’s nothing else to say about it. Now you want to be in your home or your room and wear that stuff, that’s your business. But don’t go out in public like that and say you worship the True God. ‘I’m just trying to stay in shape’. (laughter) Inappropriate.”

See also:

Did I miss anything important?

• Views 9.9k
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Space Merchant  True Christian JW's are supposed to 'quit being fashioned after this system of things' and put away national identities and embrace the JW culture above all. There is NO place fo

Are but who's choice of modesty ? Oh of course the GB's and the Elders.   Maybe what Jehovah wants of every one is a bit of individuality.     Are I've just noticed you say 'JW' standards, n

Should we make the Brothers and Sisters who won the genetic lottery, the ones who are handsome and beautiful, beat themselves in the face with a steel rod until they resemble the rest of us ... and th

Posted Images

In the first illustration:

Dude's hair is nice! It's fashionable, therefore not acceptable. You have to dress like your mother/father otherwise you're too worldly

Shirt sleeves rolled up.. way way too casual. Also the girl has her upper arms exposed.

I notice how the women dressed "appropriately" are wearing layers and pleats to hide their shape. It really is seen as sinful just to be a normal woman, huh?

Yep these illustrations are put there to set standards.

@Jack Ryan You do realize the cultural and dress of those in Spain right? But hey, not everyone knows the cultural of such persons, for it is no surprise people in the West do not know.

What they are wearing is Traditional Clothing in Spain. The woman, in the picture, are wearing a Spanish Feria Dress (also similar and or related to the Andalusian dress), it is not a tight dress, for it is fitted and is of an agreeable size with the wearer, furthermore, it should occur to you is those conventions held by Jehovah's Witnesses, mind you international, consist of them and guests, i.e. anyone who studies with them and or tags along, friend, relative and so forth.

The dresses used by Spaniard women and or anyone affiliated with their culture tends to use such dresses for festivals and or other gatherings, at times, more associated with anything in relation with flamenco, Music Genre/Style, mind you, most it is a lot of guitar playing with a hint of Spanish sounds and instruments that differ from music found in the US, therefore, you can not only feel, but hear the culture.

The man is wearing something in relation to the traditional clothing referred to as Traje De Chulapo (Traje De Chulapa for women). It isn't tight, it is pretty loose when wearing it.

The culture of origin and or worn: Madrid/Andalusia/Spain

That being said, you cannot be totally blind to people of different backgrounds and or culture, Ryan, it isn't too surprising as men wearing kilts (not called man-skirts) to similar events, as already mentioned to Srecko Sostar a while back.

@Space Merchant  True Christian JW's are supposed to 'quit being fashioned after this system of things' and put away national identities and embrace the JW culture above all.

There is NO place for such nationalistic pride within the JW community. But that is for another discussion.

Meanwhile... no skirts above the knee for sisters!!!

AND while we are at it.... those tight pants... FORBIDDEN!!!

"You must be perfect". or else.... sisters will gossip about you as in the illustration above.

Welcome to the mentally warped world of JW fashion and life. Hypocrisy at its best.

2 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

@Space Merchant  True Christian JW's are supposed to 'quit being fashioned after this system of things' and put away national identities and embrace the JW culture above all.

There is NO place for such nationalistic pride within the JW community. But that is for another discussion.

Meanwhile... no skirts above the knee for sisters!!!

AND while we are at it.... those tight pants... FORBIDDEN!!!

"You must be perfect". or else.... sisters will gossip about you as in the illustration above.

Welcome to the mentally warped world of JW fashion and life. Hypocrisy at its best.

Dresses of one's cultural background isn't some extreme fashion sense, it isn't even view as such binded to that culture and so forth and you do not have to share the view of the Jehovah's Witnesses to realize this, for it is obvious, therefore it isn't something of a nationality identity, it is something embedded in the people itself, examples being in Africa, you would see Africans don garbs and or robes affiliated with their place of origin, the same goes for parts of Asia, The Middle East, parts of the EU, etc, for it is no different from men/women wearing a suit/dress in the Americas, but it would seem Americans do not know any better and or take into account things outside and overseas.

It isn't of national pride, granted of what I have already stated. Unless to can show me, anywhere that such is of national pride regarding someone being born into said culture and so forth, but that information will and forever will be  unfounded with you.

No one is perfect, if we were perfect, we wouldn't be born sinners, we wouldn't be succumbing of death and sickness and there would be a fallen angel who is like a beast ruling this world as we speak. Or else? No church goer will go about speaking gossip of a woman who is from Africa and dresses in a way because she is from Africa.

As for gossip, the only thing said is how how so and so posed or as is stated "sexy pose" aka "hand(s) on hip", nothing is said about the dress expect for the fact that such a dress of Spain is not taken likely elsewhere outside of it's place of origin, perhaps a woman dressed this way who roams about New York will be looked at funny and talked about but in Spain it is common - this goes for any tradition garb/dress/outfit that comes from their place of origin, for instance, a Kibou Garb will draw attention in the US, even gossip, but not in Japan, furthermore, I even stated, and you also, this was an International Convention, meaning JWs, and guests are all included here. Anything international, someone can come as a Pikachu and not be talked about, yet roaming about as a Pikachu in the states will result in reactions and unnecessary attention and gossip.

No, it is only hypocrisy if you lack in the culture and history of others, assuming everything is of national pride when no such thing is the case. People, mainly the Spaniards only where such is due to where they are from, where they are born, they do not express pride here, they only show of who they are and hat cultural background they are from. But by all means, Ryan, I'd like to see you attempt to inform these people to dress in a normal suit and or dress as is done in America, perhaps do the same in Africa and Japan, surely they will not be too pleased.

That being said, one being prideful would be obvious, they'd put themselves front and center and are not of any religious following and or in connection to such. As for you, you show the mentality of those who are mad and bad in a  crusade regarding cultural appropriation, only this time, the Religion Edition.

Open your eyes man and learn these things, this is coming from a guy who is aware of such because he himself [me] is also binded by culture and having a background strongly connected to this culture, and obvious not showing any national pride.

16 hours ago, The Librarian said:

@Jack Ryan  You are being unreasonable.

Try conforming to our higher JW standards and you too will be happy again too.

You will lose all desire to look fashionable. That is a worldly quality anyway.

What Jehovah wants from even beautiful women is to be of a quiet and mild spirit and to dress modestly. 

Are but who's choice of modesty ? Oh of course the GB's and the Elders.  

Maybe what Jehovah wants of every one is a bit of individuality.    

Are I've just noticed you say 'JW' standards, not God's standards. 

Perhaps I have missed something ... but I thought everybody in this picture was dressed appropriately ... even though the Brother in the Tan suit looked afraid he was about to become a hand puppet.

Screenshot_20180930-204938.jpg.5c6e74d9ccede62b6d438ddfea03b59f.jpg

The Brother in the above picture, on the left with the pale blue shirt has his shirt sleeves partially rolled up ... is that it?

Is that the problem?

Should we make the Brothers and Sisters who won the genetic lottery, the ones who are handsome and beautiful, beat themselves in the face with a steel rod until they resemble the rest of us ... and the ones who CAN wear standard body type attractive clothing wear frumpy and dumpy clothing instead?

They ALREADY want the children's ice-cream money .... and use cartoons to get it!

What's next?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.