The World News Media

Jehovah’s Witnesses have always claimed with absolute certainty that Armageddon is just a few years away. 140 some years later, it still hasn’t happened. What makes them think it’ll still happen?

The Librarian

7 hours ago, Gone Away said:

One old brother said to me many years ago "your armageddon came the day you dedicated your life to Jehovah".

Something not seems right, good and healthy in such way of thinking, to me of course.

Dedication to god, even in JWorg world, must be the happiest and most important day of your life, because you choose LIFE in Jesus and his father. YOU CHOOSE LIFE ...... NOT Armageddon, ......because Armageddon  is  destruction and death.

7 hours ago, Gone Away said:

The whole point of the excercise for me is to live now as we will live once it has come so that it doesn't come as a shock when this old world's structure is no more.

Perhaps that can be good in some sort of circumstances or when your days of calamity come on you, not because of Armageddon has come, but because of worldly events and unknown reasons, because something bad just happened in your place of living.

• Views 4.7k
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The last person who was inspired by God or Jesus was the apostle John, on the isle of Patmos, when he wrote Revelation.     

Well, how to make a dog's breakfast out of a basic statement??? Let's untangle this. Let's speak about you. As you have used the personal pronoun "I", "you" features in my response.  If "you

Really? What scripture is that in?

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

because Armageddon  is  destruction and death.

Here lies an underlying feature of this mindset it appears. I do not share this perception of Armageddon that you have. For me, I survived my personal armageddon. This was a day of regeneration with a prospect of life. I can see you have a different perception, whether learned or originated. The big Armageddon for me is also a day of regeneration and of life. For you, I see, it is different.

For me this fits with Paul's words at 2Cor.2:15-16 "For to God we are a sweet odor of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; to the latter ones an odor issuing from death to death, to the former ones an odor issuing from life to life."

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Perhaps that can be good in some sort of circumstances or when your days of calamity come on you, not because of Armageddon has come, but because of worldly events and unknown reasons, because something bad just happened in your place of living.

I'm trying to follow your logic here, but with difficulty. We just don't speak the same language (figuratively). You seem to be implying that  some sort of bad events other than Armageddon might prove my outlook of value?

4 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

You gave reasoning, I am not deliberately sinning and not made sin  because I BELIEVE IN WHAT I SAY I BELIEVE :)))))   I JUST GETTING SOMETHING WRONG, THAT IS  ALL :))))  

Well, how to make a dog's breakfast out of a basic statement???

Let's untangle this. Let's speak about you. As you have used the personal pronoun "I", "you" features in my response. 

If "you" say something wrong unintentionally, thinking sincerely "you" are right, then this means "you" are not deliberately sinning. It means "you" have made a mistake, misunderstood a matter, made a decision with insufficient or incorrect data etc.

Your point here: "You gave reasoning, I am not deliberately sinning and not made sin" is a distortion of what I said. A statement was made by @John Butler proposing that if the GB endorse something which later is found to be incorrect, this must be deliberate sinning. My response was that this is not sinning as such (deliberate) but is more correctly termed and evaluated as a mistake as described above. A mistake of this type can certainly be termed a"sin" in the sense that it "misses the mark" of truth. But it is not deliberate.

I will not go to such lengths to untangle reasoning of this type in the future, so, respectfully, I request that you give a little more thought to your reponses. ?

6 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

So are you saying the GB are not inspired by God or Jesus Christ when they make predictions ? 

Again, are you saying that the GB are not inspired at all ? 

The last person who was inspired by God or Jesus was the apostle John, on the isle of Patmos, when he wrote Revelation. 

16 hours ago, Anna said:

Was he last or not no one knows for sure. But You believe he was last. And i respect your belief.... even with :) symbol

19 hours ago, Gone Away said:

Here lies an underlying feature of this mindset it appears. I do not share this perception of Armageddon that you have. For me, I survived my personal armageddon. This was a day of regeneration with a prospect of life. I can see you have a different perception, whether learned or originated. The big Armageddon for me is also a day of regeneration and of life. For you, I see, it is different.

For me this fits with Paul's words at 2Cor.2:15-16 "For to God we are a sweet odor of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; to the latter ones an odor issuing from death to death, to the former ones an odor issuing from life to life."

odor...preaching....one issue.

Armageddon, as bible scholars explaining is The Day of JHVH.

Seek Jehovah . . . Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger.”—ZEPHANIAH 2:3.

Look! The day of Jehovah is coming, Cruel both with fury and with burning anger, To make the land an object of horror,+ And to annihilate the land’s sinners from it.- Is 13:9

Woe to those who yearn for the day of Jehovah!+ What, then, will the day of Jehovah mean for you?+ It will be darkness, and not light - Amos 5:18

If you want to enjoy in the day of Armageddon, let it be your's. :)) Mindset... hahahaha

Do you like WT publications with scene of Armageddon? What looks regenerate in them? And what prospect of life is in it? You have faith of surviving, good for you, but no one promise this outcome to You, not even JHVH.

If "you" say something wrong unintentionally, thinking sincerely "you" are right, then this means "you" are not deliberately sinning. It means "you" have made a mistake, misunderstood a matter, made a decision with insufficient or incorrect data etc.

No problem with your explanation and human characteristic . Point is other thing - Deliberately or not, SIN IS SIN. That is all what is about in what i have to say about Bible viewpoint and what most or some religious people believe about human deeds and sin.

If people decide that deliberately sinning must be punished with this and that punishment, they will do it.

If people decide that unintentional, mistaken sin must not be punished but to forgive, they will do it.

:))))))) 

Well, how to make a dog's breakfast out of a basic statement???

Let's untangle this. Let's speak about you. As you have used the personal pronoun "I", "you" features in my response. 

Your point here: "You gave reasoning, I am not deliberately sinning and not made sin" is a distortion of what I said. A statement was made by @John Butler proposing that if the GB endorse something which later is found to be incorrect, this must be deliberate sinning. My response was that this is not sinning as such (deliberate) but is more correctly termed and evaluated as a mistake as described above. A mistake of this type can certainly be termed a"sin" in the sense that it "misses the mark" of truth. But it is not deliberate.

I will not go to such lengths to untangle reasoning of this type in the future, so, respectfully, I request that you give a little more thought to your reponses. ?

My point was of course that if the Governing Body promote as 'fact' that they are the 'Faithful and discreet slave' therefore exalting themselves,  and then give false information (bad food) concerning the will of God, then they are deliberately sinning...  

“Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?  Matthew 24 v 45.

But another point has just appeared to me. The above scripture is from Matthew. The below scripture is from Luke. Do you notice a difference ?

And the Lord said: “Who really is the faithful steward, the discreet one, whom his master will appoint over his body of attendants to keep giving them their measure of food supplies at the proper time?    Luke 12 v 42.

The Matthew scripture is past tense, the Luke scripture is future tense. 

But my original point on this issue was that the GB make it known as 'fact' that they have this responsibility, and only those 8 men, no one else. But they prove themselves false because the 'food' they supply in not true food.

I am like Moses, man of few words, not know how to talking. Even in my Croatian language i spending day in less talking than other people. In English i have problem with grammar and structuring Croatian way of sentences to English way. ;)))

So, please accept my  apologize for that. This is me, ....you can kill me but this is me :)))))

1 minute ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I am like Moses, man of few words, not know how to talking. Even in my Croatian language i spending day in less talking than other people. In English i have problem with grammar and structuring Croatian way of sentences to English way. ;)))

So, please accept my  apologize for that. This is me, ....you can kill me but this is me :)))))

You do ok. Do not worry about those that have no fellow feeling. Some of us show love, some don't. 

I'm English and all I can speak and write is English, so you are doing better than me. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.