Jack Ryan

• Views 12.4k
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First of all, before I begin answering, I wanted to say that I have long expected that any JWs who go online to defend their views publicly will see more and more of what is beginning to happen here.

The original post states that "JW.org Says "Apostates are Mentally Diseased." Whilst true, what is ommitted is that JW.org  is reflecting the Bible's view. Apart from what has already been quoted

Yes. I wrote up a post on this at the time and included how other translations handled the verse. An excerpt:   (from https://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2019/01/who-is-mentally-diseased.html ) “Mor

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Anna said:

I have no qualms telling Br.Splane that I think his chart is based on speculation. And I'm sure he'd reply that that's my opinion. In which case he is right too. No harm done, we both have our opinion.

8 hours ago, Anna said:

There is a difference between personal speculations and leaving it there, and forming intense discussions around it as if we want to persuade others to see it our way. Unless it is something extremely important and true, which speculations are not, then who are we to push our personal ideas?

You seem to have a lot of mixed feelings about speculation; when its appropriate to speculate, and with whom. And that's okay.  One thing you seem sure of though, David Splane is not telling the truth about the "new light" concerning "this generation".  

9 hours ago, Anna said:

As for the GB speculating, well they are in a role where they have assumed the provision of spiritual food.

Yes, "assumed" in the most wicked sense of the word.  

Assume - "seize and take control without authority and possibly with force; take as one's right or possession"

"But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’ 49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."  Matt 24:48-51

4 hours ago, Witness said:

You seem to have a lot of mixed feelings about speculation; when its appropriate to speculate, and with whom. And that's okay.  One thing you seem sure of though, David Splane is not telling the truth about the "new light" concerning "this generation".  

Assume - "seize and take control without authority and possibly with force; take as one's right or possession"

"But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’ 49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."  Matt 24:48-51

Yes I've noticed that some JW's  dig themselves into big holes with their words. 

They think they are defending the GB and it's Org but they make it quite clear of the faults in both. Don't they actually think about what they are writing :) 

9 hours ago, Witness said:

No, my feelings are not mixed, everyone is entitled to their thoughts about something, the difference is are you going to make a lot of noise wanting to convince others of your thoughts.

I do not think Splane is deliberately lying. I think he believes what he is saying is the truth.

9 hours ago, Witness said:

That's your opinion. Not mine.

As the fictional character Lazarus Long once said " Delusions are often functional. A mother's opinions about her children's beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from drowning them at birth.".

Religious leadership having functional delusions will often keep them out of the snow, in winter.

... especially if there is absolutely NO ONE on this planet that can fire you for being delusional.

jw.org evidence for gods kingdom not based on faith but scientific evidence.mp4

Coneheads (10_10) Movie CLIP - Jehovah's Witnesses (1993) HD.mp4

Br. Jackson quote:

"Jesus said that in the last days - and Jehovah's Witnesses believe these are the last  days - there would be a slave, a group of persons who would have responsibility to care for the spiritual food. So in that respect, we view ourselves as trying to fulfill that role".

Whether that view is delusional is subjective 😀

That second video is hilarious @James Thomas Rook Jr.

1 hour ago, Anna said:

So in that respect, we view ourselves as trying to fulfill that role".

Trying to fulfill.

That hardly sounds delusional to me. Nor does it seem haughty or pretentious. 

If it is not them, who else could it be? (No Facebook pages allowed) (It is not Dilbert, either)

20 hours ago, Arauna said:

Yep, so you acknowledge they do not really know the bible. 

Look Arauna, for example, we can talk about general population of people who belong to Catholic church, "just for the sake of argument" as can be heard on JW TV :)))))).  People as JW can make argumentation how general population of JW know Bible very well, and are able to defend their standpoint much better or absolutely better than some Catholic member. And how in some debate between JW and Catholic, better result would be on JW side.

But from whom JW member received such "knowledge"? From FDS aka GB who lives on WT Society account aka members donation money.

But GB said, and more important showed, how they made many errors in doctrines, and doing that same things today, too. Do JW members acknowledge this same thing - how they (you as group) do not really know the Bible. More than 200 clarification items proving the same, how GB do not know the Bible. Term "clarification" (in WT Society) is replacement, surrogate wording for ignorance.

Well, why would I, or you, be occupied with idea how only Me or You are in position of having best Bible knowledge  in comparison to some other religious group who also think how they know the Bible (better than others)??

2 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

in some debate between JW and Catholic, better result would be on JW side. But from whom JW member received such "knowledge"? From FDS aka GB who lives on WT Society account aka members donation money.

It’s true. If I am asked a question in service, like, “Who is God?” I will say, “Hold that thought while I check in with my masters.” I dial them on my cell phone.

I used to dial them on my smart phone, but they took it. They said I shouldn’t go thinking myself smart. Only they are.

2 minutes ago, Anna said:

I think the Pope views himself as trying to fulfill that role also. The question is, is he doing a good job.

Well, yes....but this is a JW forum and the consensus will be that one must meet the basic criteria—no trinity, no immortal soul, role of God’s kingdom, neutrality, preach the good news, God’s name, traditional morality, and so forth.

If one is going to sail outside those boundaries, keep sailing, and I’ll say it is Tim Cook.

2 hours ago, Anna said:

No, my feelings are not mixed, everyone is entitled to their thoughts about something, the difference is are you going to make a lot of noise wanting to convince others of your thoughts.

Everyone here is making a lot of “noise”; interpreted as such, depending on which side of the WT fence they stand behind. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.