The World News Media

Jehovah's Witnesses Public club. Why ?

JOHN BUTLER

This topic is aimed toward asking ADMIN these questions. I do not know who Admin are. Some folks here seem to have made friends with Admin where as I just use the forum. 

Why was Jehovah's Witnesses Private Club set up ?

Should it be 999% about Jehovah's Witnesses and their Organisation, which would include the GB ?

Am I therefore wrong when i only talk about Jehovah's Witnesses and have no interest in other religions ?

There are those on here that regularly 'bite my ears off' because i only talk about the JW's, but I thought that was the intention of this forum.

Admin please clarify these matters for me, please ...... 

• Views 1.9k
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, to those that would criticize me for only talking about the JW Org, then it seems what i am doing is correct.  As to whether you agree with my comments that is another matter.  Thank you

Some people are good at Whack-A-Mole Some people are just waaaay to good at Whack-A-Mole Some people are not good at Whack-A-Mole

TTH: Your humor has been legendary for some time now ..... You have TRULY (Tom), become a legend in your own mind.

52 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

There are those on here that regularly 'bite my ears off' because i only talk about the JW's, but I thought that was the intention of this forum.

Bite back!

Think of it as playing a game of "Whack-A-Mole".

Except for those people that are always wrong about EVERYTHING, seeing the world from the inside of a frosted glass bubble, I don't think the Admin, or any other sane person would object to you lambasting stupid ideas.

It would be a mistake to shrink from the insane. ( No pun intended ... )

With stupid people, it is necessary to be obtuse, and diplomatic.

Sometimes Snowflakes pile up into snow drifts ... and you need a snow PLOW to progress.

They will eventually melt all by themselves, as Reality is a harsh taskmaster, and cares not at all.

It is too early for @admin. He gets up late and then has to putz around for some time before checking the mail. I’ll answer for him. As Monk says, he’ll thank me later.

Somewhat reluctantly, he finds himself hosting a religious JW forum, though he is not that way himself. No JWs on it are typical JWs because if they were typical they would be more acquiesent to their organization’s preference they not take part in such forums. One important reason their organization prefers that they abstain is the undignified mess that results when they do not.

For a variety of reasons, some Witnesses go there anyway, and, to be sure, there are parts of the forum largely innocuous. I avoid these parts and go right to the hot areas. It has helped me hone my writing, and about half of my ebook, Dear Mr. Putin - Jehovah’s Witnesses Write Russia, can be found in about 500 fragments scattered throughout. Mr. Admin is thereby my friend. I owe him.

As atypical JWs and their adversaries flail away, making points and counterpoints, some ridiculous, he has ‘lost it’ only twice to rebuke participants, once to say: “Jeez, you guys are a piece of work!” What could I tell him. That we’re not? 

It is so rare for him to chime in that when he does, it is like hearing a voice from On High. The only appreciable difference is that a voice from On High is unlikely to say, “Jeez, you guys are a piece of work.”

Lol! What I have seen from a yearlong observation of posts and not interacting until now in this forum, this forum had many religions for discussion. But, many people choose only to criticize Jehovah’s Witnesses. So, I don’t see where this JW club is when those criticizing are allowed to keep their offensive posts while others get removed. So, don’t sweat it Bulter you are among you’re friends and one of the preferred. ?

This has been my experience here time and time again. So, there is no JW club here, just favorite posters and friends as Bulter suggest. But, I do enjoy the humor and when the truth is stretched. ?

It’s always good to have friends in high places. This is why nothing is concealed to god.? 

So, to those that would criticize me for only talking about the JW Org, then it seems what i am doing is correct. 

As to whether you agree with my comments that is another matter. 

Thank you Admin for your comment especially this line.

"This club is about JW’s and @The Librarian is the main moderator."  

So, with no disrespect to a certain 'space traveller' my only interest in the issues I raise are JW's, JW Org, the Governing Body of same, the Child abuse problem within that Org and some of its teachings.

Those are the reasons I visit this forum. I do not wish to know what Muslims do, what Catholics do or what the rest of the world does.  

I do like it that Tom recognises that the JW Org 'bosses' are not happy with the congregants investigating / researching / enquiring for information or discussion outside of JW material. 

I would like to make something clear however. I do think the teaching programme / bible studies / door to door ministry are good ideas when done properly. So I am not wholeheartedly anti-JW Org as some may think. 

The problem begins when the GB / Org starts to misinterpret Bible teachings, and adding things to it. When it changes a meaning of a scripture three of more times over a few years, then it not only makes the GB and Org look silly, but it lessons the confidence that a person has in the GB being guided by God. And when it completely changes a viewpoint on something then one has to question any authority of the GB.

It would not have helped Noah if he was half way through building the Ark, then God said to him,  'Hang on Noah, something is wrong here, dimensions need altering, take it all apart and start again'. .... This is what the GB do, and they call it 'new light'.  

Hankulan, from what i have seen here, there are people that defend the JW Org as well as people that find fault with it.  And if you find that there are many others that criticize the JW Org, then ask yourself why are they doing so. Also, look deep into the allegations that i and others make, you may find that these allegations are true. Then you will have your reason as to why we make our comments.  

3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Bite back!

Think of it as playing a game of "Whack-A-Mole".

Except for those people that are always wrong about EVERYTHING, seeing the world from the inside of a frosted glass bubble, I don't think the Admin, or any other sane person would object to you lambasting stupid ideas.

It would be a mistake to shrink from the insane. ( No pun intended ... )

With stupid people, it is necessary to be obtuse, and diplomatic.

Sometimes Snowflakes pile up into snow drifts ... and you need a snow PLOW to progress.

They will eventually melt all by themselves, as Reality is a harsh taskmaster, and cares not at all.

Some people are good at Whack-A-Mole

AlertTheseGentoopenguin-size_restricted.

Some people are just waaaay to good at Whack-A-Mole

tenor.gif

Some people are not good at Whack-A-Mole

PointlessSnivelingArchaeopteryx-small.gi

2 hours ago, admin said:

This club is about JW’s and @The Librarian is the main moderator. 

If I from time to time poke mild fun at @admin, it is nothing to the fun I poke at the Librarian, the old hen. It is riotous.

She really is a Jehovah's Witness, I think, though certainly an avant-guard one. She used to have for a banner an interior photo of a magnificent library; I thought it was the Library of Congress, but she told me it was some university library. It was gorgeous. 

Nonetheless, by degrees I have been able to portray her before the world as a petty mean school librarian, who really doesn't like children, but she is too arthritic and just plain tired to do much about it when they misbehave. Moreover, she is frequently on the bottle, and while she knows her pupils are tittering behind her back, and sometimes right in front of her, she spends most of her days counting down to her retirement. 

The strange thing about all of this is that she is actually a man. No, not a transgendered man; don't even go there. We started this gag long before transgenderism took the world by storm.

@The Librarian and I made a deal long ago after she unfairly accused me of hawking my first ebook, Tom Irregardless and Me, on her forum. It was inexcusable for her to do this and the only conceivable reason that I can think of to excuse her vile accusation is that I was hawking my first ebook, Tom Irregardless and Me, on her forum. I have been very careful not to ever do this again, which is a shame because it is an excellent ebook, and unlike Dear Mr. Putin - Jehovah's Witnesses Write Russia, it is not free. I actually make a buck off it. Maybe no small thing for you, but a big deal for me. Do you have any idea of how my wife goes through money?  So crack open your wallet and buy the thing already, will you? As books go, it is not pricey.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/686882

The Librarian would scream at me for this, normally. But here I am in her library, her bad boy pupil, but her pupil nonetheless, and she has not shown up for work yet. I think she may have fallen off the wagon once again.

28 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

Controversial Posts, thee cometh here best be ready, Fir it is smite or be smited here.

In English, if I remember what the heading here use to be, something along the lines of you can be challenged or be put to task, something like that.

I see it just as that.

Yes i thought you didn't see it as a JW forum. So this is where we differ SM. 

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

The Librarian would scream at me for this, normally. But here I am in her library, her bad boy pupil, but her pupil nonetheless, and she has not shown up for work yet. I think she may have fallen off the wagon once again.

TTH: Your humor has been legendary for some time now .....

You have TRULY (Tom), become a legend in your own mind.