The World News Media

Cannibalism and the Holy Bible

James Thomas Rook Jr.

21 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

History records they were accused of cannibalism.

Since there is ABSOLUTELY no Biblical prohibition against cannibalism .... either in the Old Testament, OR the New Testament ... NONE WHATSOEVER ... that particular aversion is something they picked up from PAGAN cultures of that locality, or any natural aversion on an individual basis.

If they had been in the Congo area of Africa, about the same time, where cannibalism was  from place to place, and from time to time, perfectly acceptable (presumably war dead who had bled out ....) any CULTURAL MORAYS might have been reflected in the Early Christian Congregation.

And most of the arguments that we of the White, Anglo-Saxon Protestant community consider as normal for consideration of pedophilia, modesty, and decorum ( including tight pants for men) would be completely lost in the Inuit Indians of Northern Canada ( you know.. the ones who live in igloos, and hunt on frozen ice for seals, and bears ...) where the entire family sleeps in a one room house made of blocks of ice, under one pile of bear and seal skins .... stark naked !

Ane remember, under your street clothes, YOU TOO, are stark naked!

• Views 320
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep! Your right. Scripture doesn’t say anything about Cannibalism. I'm sure glad everyone tells the truth here. 1.       2 Kings 6:24-33 New American Standard Bible (NASB)               The

I’m being a sport. Aside from the ones already offered, I don’t see things the way you do. When someone adds to scripture to benefit their understanding while not seeing the logic that makes up what i

The ONLY way I could have been more clear is to use dry erase markers on a white-board, with extra large printed letters.  You were challenged on your reading comprehension and analysis skills,

Posted Images

Yep! Your right. Scripture doesn’t say anything about Cannibalism. I'm sure glad everyone tells the truth here.

1.       2 Kings 6:24-33 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Siege of Samaria—Cannibalism

2 Kings 6:24-33 Lexham English Bible (LEB)

Besieged Samaria Resorts to Cannibalism

2.       Ezekiel 5 New International Version (NIV)

God’s Razor of Judgment

3.       Leviticus 26:27-30

4.       Lamentations 2:16-21

5.       Jeremiah 19:7-10

6.       Deuteronomy 28:52-57

Murder is wrong. can it be extrapolated to be part of cannibalism if you kill to eat, unless you snort bath salt Just like that guy in Florida, attacked another person to start eating him alive?

https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/face-eating-cannibal-attack-latest-bath-salts-incident/story?id=16470389

1.       Exodus 20:13

2.       Leviticus 24:17

3.       Matthew 5:21

Now, people can get technical by suggesting they are referring to dead flesh. But can it be that scripture also refers to dead flesh? Deuteronomy 28:57

So, what kind of cannibalism is not referenced in the canonized bible? I wonder if drinking human blood is considered cannibalism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-cannibalism

I wonder what jiminy cricket would say. But wait, none of this has to do with cannibalism, never mind. ?

Hankulan Tunani:

I have no agenda other than to try to get people to think correctly, and without examining all the scriptures you quoted  for hard data, context and possible nuances, let me state that it is my understanding that Jehovah's viewpoint on matters and human viewpoints ... their cultural squeamishness and self imposed taboos ... are QUITE DIFFERENT.

As a classic example, it is my understanding that John the Baptist ate LOCUSTS, beut let me tell you dis in no uncertoin toirms I AIN'T EATIN' NO LOCUSTS !

No Way! No How!

Absolutely NOT!

Ain't gonna happen ... unless ... unless ... ( there is almost always an "unless" ...) I have not eaten in four or so days.

I used to HATE liver ... but one day in Los Angeles, after not having eaten for four days, I found a quarter in some old clothes, and from a street vendor on Vine Street bought a small bag of fried liver.  This was 50 years ago, and I remember that morning in exquisite detail.

The point I am trying to make is this: 

Many things we love, or abhor, Jehovah God has no opinion on whatsoever.

It's "how we were raised", etc.

The Bible MENTIONS cannibalism as something that occurred, several times.

Jehovah Laments that it "came to that" when Jerusalem was under siege by enemies and was being starved into submission.

But unless you can show me a clear and unambiguous direct scripture where Jehovah God specifically FORBADE cannibalism ....

HE DID NOT!

We have an obligation to adopt Jehovah's Standards .... NOT OUR OWN ... when it comes to serious things such as an almost universal human taboo .... OTHERWISE in other more common experiences .. we load heavy burdens on the Brotherhood that are nothing more than "how we were raised" ... which varies from time to time, and from place to place, and dishonors Jehovah God by making him a hand puppet when we are supplying the words!

If you can show me from Jehovah's own specific words about cannibalism that he DID specifically forbid it .. I will instantly change my viewpoint, admit here that I was wrong, and beg your humble pardon.

The burden is on you to show me I am wrong, not that I am a Barbarian, which I freely admit to.

When we "go beyond the things written", it dishonors Jehovah God by making him a false religious hand puppet where we threaten others by invoking the authority of God, where we are supplying the words! ....  and creates a tyranny of the Brotherhood. 

As to your other point ... Jehovah has clearly and unambiguously prohibited the use of blood for sustaining human life.  Many times, OT and NT.

Be a sport!

Give me one exact, unambiguous, contextually accurate specific scripture where God has FORBIDDEN cannibalism, and post it here for all to read and learn from.

I’m being a sport. Aside from the ones already offered, I don’t see things the way you do. When someone adds to scripture to benefit their understanding while not seeing the logic that makes up what is cannibalism, those thoughts are your own.

But you are right. The there is no reference to the word cannibal. So, enlarge the fonts all you want, it still won’t make it right in the eyes of God as a standard, since you wish to reject what is blood, hurting one another, killing, and dead flesh is stood for in scripture. Unless you consider afterbirth placenta to be live flesh.

Then, be a sport James and recite a Bible text that supports cannibalism.

6 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

But unless you can show me a clear and unambiguous direct scripture where Jehovah God specifically FORBADE cannibalism ....

HE DID NOT!

The ONLY way I could have been more clear is to use dry erase markers on a white-board, with extra large printed letters. 

You were challenged on your reading comprehension and analysis skills, and FAILED.

With all you many fuzzy references ... you FAILED to produce ONE Scripture that shows that God PROHIBITS humans from eating human flesh, as they did in Jerusalem under siege (presumably bled-out war dead...).

That is why you DID NOT produce a single scripture that PROVED your viewpoint.

I do not have to show a Scripture showing that God supports cannibalism ... It is my current position that God has left that issue entirely up to us, and has no "position" at all on cannibalism.

God also has no stated position on bicycles,  or a truly INFINITE number of other topics.

Please PROVE me wrong.  

Fuzzy customs, taboos, and cultural morays do NOT count.

Want to try again?

Be a sport!

There is an interesting analog to what I am trying to convey to you.

The United States Constitution, WHEN READ CORRECTLY, specifically enumerates the powers and authority the Federal Government has.

If it's not on the list, and there is an INFINITE number of things that is NOT on the list ... those powers are reserved to the States, or to the People of the Unites States.

It was designed that way to encourage generations of LIBERTY.

This is why both political parties are fighting to have the Supreme Court Justice they want ... so it will be read THEIR way ... to support THEIR world view of how things should be.

One side wants the Constitution interpreted exactly as written, and the other side wants it interpreted to read to support their "progressive" evolved ideas.

If that side wins, everything not specifically allowed ... will be forbidden, and there will be TYRANNY.

In like manner ... I do not have to show that Jehovah PERMITS or supports cannibalism, because my position is that he does not care at all, if the blood is properly drained out, the burden of proof is on you to show it is FORBIDDEN.

All you need is one clear, unambiguous in context Scripture to prove me wrong.

Want to try again?

Be a sport!

For our big meal of the day, my wife and I eat at Golden Corral Restaurant almost every day, because it is right on the way home from her work, and she gets off from teaching school at 3:15PM ... and if you get there before 4PM, you can pay the special LUNCH price, and at 4 PM, the dinner menu comes out,and you can eat STEAK and the Dinner Menu, for the price of lunch.  It is cheaper than buying the same quantity and variety of foods at the grocery stores ... there is no preparation, and NO DISHES! to wash !!

I thought I could eat steak EVERY day, and did for awhile ... but it became "tiresome", and boring ... so in a limited sense I can understand how one might tire of eating people.  I have heard that human flesh tastes "just like pork" ... in fact, one nickname for human flesh is "Long Pig".

IN the Scriptures Jehovah expressed lament that Jews under siege would be driven to cannibalism, and they were ... several times while warring ...BUT HE NEVER PROHIBITED CANNIBALISM !   (... presumably war dead who had bled to death ...), so the definition of "Wrong" would have to come from CULTURAL squeamishness and aversion ... as Jehovah God NEVER said it was wrong to eat people ... just repulsive  as a cultural standard. 

I guarantee you this ... go about three weeks without eating and seeing your children starving to death in front of your eyes will add a great deal of "flexibility" to your outlook on this issue.  In the Soviet Gulags, between barracks, in winter, the prisoners would raid and murder each other, and when the bodies were found, invariably their livers would be missing.

It's really all a matter of perspective, what ideas you are used to, and how hungry you are. 

To me, wasting food is a sin, and protein is protein in an extreme emergency ... AND, Jehovah does NOT really care, except that the blood belongs to him, and must not be eaten.

When I am finished with these "mortal coils" I hope that someone can make use of it, when I no longer can ... and on my driver's license, have indicated that I am an organ donor...

...perhaps with a nice Chianti Wine, and some Fava beans. (chitchitchitchit), and some hungry Brother and his children will have me over, for dinner. ... a "Last Supper", as it were.

I will try NOT to give them indigestion.

599f4b74b33e4_dONNERpARTYmEMORIAL600.thumb.jpg.376497aa35d7e147550272c00c88d19b.jpg

599e36c184f46_Babydownhilleggsuphill554.jpg.51aa6ce3618e72d47b07e0cc102ec123.jpg

599e36cbb25b4_chickensoup600.jpg.05871bba39b5b81d03c4c30871b7cfd8.jpg