The World News Media

Les Miserables. Man's inhumanity to man.

JOHN BUTLER

Good morning....  My wife and i sat and watched this musical film 'Les Miserables' on television last night.  I could not sit and watch a stage play or stage musical, but I can watch a film musical.

Over two hours long and i thought it was fantastic. Showing both sides of the story, both that thought they were right. Yet showing also man's inhumanity to man.

Ecclesiastes 8 v 9.

"All of this I have seen, and I applied my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, during the time that man has dominated man to his harm."

So many humans on Earth right now. So many lifestyles. So many religions. So many people thinking they are right. So many killing each other for so many reasons. 

My brother who is an Elder in a congregation of JW's, says he cannot understand why Jehovah hasn't yet brought Armageddon. He says that it seems that everything has been done and every point proven, so why keep the suffering going on. Some say it is to allow other people the chance to serve God. And all those that die will get a resurrection anyway. 

But due to my disappointment within the JW Org I cannot see any religion that is serving God properly. Nor can i see any religion that can prove they have God's spiritual backing. 

I don't even know if God's name should be Yahweh or Jehovah or something completely different. 

I'm wondering why God allows it to be so difficult to find the truth about Him and about how we should serve Him. 

For the sake of a certain person I looked at a website concerning Unitarians, and found it quite amusing. https://www.unitarian.org.uk/pages/unitarianism-explained

Though in fairness I only looked at this first 'page'. But it seems they play it safe by allowing their members to be of 'any religion'.  I do wonder if they would go to war and kill each other as Catholics do. 

Yes, man's inhumanity to man. How much longer must it go on ? 

• Views 691
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No worries, but you have to remember there is many, many denominations in Christianity, even among Unitarians who are also under Christendom, and among them some do not believe that Jesus pre-existed

6 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Good morning....  My wife and i sat and watched this musical film 'Les Miserables' on television last night.  I could not sit and watch a stage play or stage musical, but I can watch a film musical.

Musicals and Stage plays are fun. I recall one that lasted for 6 hours.

Other than that the one you mentioned, I like this one, but I seen it for the first time in my language, French.

But due to my disappointment within the JW Org I cannot see any religion that is serving God properly. Nor can i see any religion that can prove they have God's spiritual backing. 

Then wait for the Christ to come and you will see for yourself. The best thing to do is remain neutral at all times, for one shouldn't paint others as enemies when they do not teach accursed things.

I don't even know if God's name should be Yahweh or Jehovah or something completely different. 

To be brief, God's name is the 4 letters from the tetragrammaton יהוה which is YHWH or YHVH. The Jews later on, seeing the name as sacred and should be protected changed YHWH/YHVH to adonai, but later on as we advanced in our language YHWH/YHVH comes out to Yeowah, Yahveh, which in modern tongue is Yahweh or Jehovah, especially in the realm of transliteration. Yahweh/Jehovah for short is Yah or Jah and Jesus' name (which was also transliterated) means Yahweh/Jehovah is Salvation or simply Yah/Jah Saves.

That being said, God understands all who call him, be is Yahweh, Jehovah, Hashem, Abba, Allah, El Shaddai, Elohim, etc. For God isn't ignorant of speech or language.

I'm wondering why God allows it to be so difficult to find the truth about Him and about how we should serve Him. 

It isn't difficult. Granted that the mystery of God is revealed - His Christ.

For the sake of a certain person I looked at a website concerning Unitarians, and found it quite amusing. https://www.unitarian.org.uk/pages/unitarianism-explained

I'm not a Universalist Unitarian. You are aware that even among Unitarianism there are other denominations, right?

This link you have here I see UCA and GAUFCC, (including the UUA) both of which in regards to Unitarian Universalism. What you did here is like trying to equal Dr. Michael Brown to James White, in this sense.

Not even a Oneness/Modalistic Believer either...

Though in fairness I only looked at this first 'page'. But it seems they play it safe by allowing their members to be of 'any religion'.  I do wonder if they would go to war and kill each other as Catholics do. 

Depends on the denomination, Universalist Unitarians tend to be 50/50, some would go to war to kill others do not, granted the views and practices of that Unitarian denomination.

Catholics do go to war, as do most Christians, even in the past, you have such ones who claim to be, and affiliated with that of the Crusade and the Ku Klux Klan, Christian Militants, and so forth.

But I gotta attempt, trying to equal to me that of a Universalist Unitarian based off of a top search without added research was a failed attempt, mainly when it is direct to a guy who studied ans is knowledgeable of religion, but I am solely a Christian, unlike my UUA counterparts I do not embrace all faiths, I merely speak of and correct the wrongs people speak of them, nothing more.

The last guy who tried to pull that off regarding Unitarians being unaware of the different denominations never showed his face on this forum again, backfiring his comments and making use of John 8:44 against me when it was met for him in a heated discussion about church fathers. I can give you this advise, you do not want to fill his shoes if you are seeking to go down that path.

I will tell this to you so it sticks, I am a Biblical Unitarian Christian who believes in pre-existence.

Yes, man's inhumanity to man. How much longer must it go on ? 

We are imperfect, the Bible makes it clear as to when such things will indeed end, for as stated before, it is not difficult to understand God or his Word.

According to the Bible, God does not speak in secret, several verses on that.

Just now, JOHN BUTLER said:

S.M. I tried to understand where you are coming from, but I failed. I wasn't trying anything on. 

I just remembered you saying you are a Unitarian in the past and thought I'd look it up. Sorry for being wrong. 

No worries, but you have to remember there is many, many denominations in Christianity, even among Unitarians who are also under Christendom, and among them some do not believe that Jesus pre-existed before he became a man, while others do as well as a list of other things.

My views are very simple, especially regarding God and his Christ - 1 Corinthians 8:6 and I take and adhere to the teachings of what the Church teaches her people as is done in the early days of Church whereas our early Christian brothers and sisters use to gather, all of them, in union with Christ and His God, adhering to the same gospel, the same teaching.

That is why when t comes to all things true, be it the Bible, Christian history and so forth I tend to be somewhat pressing, even strict, for what is spoken of in Galatians 1 I follow to the letter.

@JOHN BUTLER I'd also like to point out that the link about UCA/GAUFCC is in connection to Interfaith as seen on the website linked by you which can lead to here: https://www.interfaith.org.uk/

You should also realize that Interfaith based things is of Apostasy practices, of Babylon the Great, for mainstream Christendom had given themselves up yearly to such, those who do not are seen as martyrs. Avoid anything to do with or connected with Harlot's main practices anything that is supporting of or by action to the E.I.I. and Lucis Trust.

This among many things is one has to be very very cautious of.

1 minute ago, Space Merchant said:

@JOHN BUTLER I'd also like to point out that the link about UCA/GAUFCC is in connection to Interfaith as seen on the website linked by you which can lead to here: https://www.interfaith.org.uk/

You should also realize that Interfaith based things is of Apostasy practices, of Babylon the Great, for mainstream Christendom had given themselves up yearly to such, those who do not are seen as martyrs. Avoid anything to do with or connected with Harlot's main practices anything that is supporting of or by action to the E.I.I. and Lucis Trust.

This among many things is one has to be very very cautious of.

Yes it seemed strange to me that they accepted people of all different faiths.

And i think you have mentioned previously about the Pope trying to bring different faiths together as one. I do understand that it is against God's will for that to happen. 

The scriptures / Revelation, talk of 'Babylon the Great' and that it will fall (soon?). And that it will be noticable earthwide when it happens. 

I don't know your feelings on that or about Armageddon. And do you think the 'Good News of God's Kingdom' should be preached by an organised religion of some type now before Armageddon happens ? 

7 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Yes it seemed strange to me that they accepted people of all different faiths.

It is only strange for someone who are not aware of this information. Some of us are aware of what is taking place. This movement has been around an getting bigger and bigger as time progresses, and in 4 days when they appear in Texas, it will be bigger, even without the presence of the Pope.

And i think you have mentioned previously about the Pope trying to bring different faiths together as one. I do understand that it is against God's will for that to happen. 

Several times, and it has been going. E.I.I. branches in connection with the Vatican are blustering this effort, this movement in the US will reap more converts and religious groups on their side, which is seen as a big problem.

Unfortunately such things will happen regardless, its been this way when a lot of other doctrines that differ from the correct one came into existence, and to this day denominations of all kinds are here while several pockets of them are trying to eek out peace by joining them.

The greatest Apostasy is the interfaith movements that is being well fed by the mainstream Christendom and they do not even realize it.

The scriptures / Revelation, talk of 'Babylon the Great' and that it will fall (soon?). And that it will be noticable earthwide when it happens. 

Indeed it will fall, but Babylon the Great is far bigger in terms of anything religious, but people do not see it, only a few will, while they seek peace, their counterpart seeks security and when both of them are in unison, destruction will follow.

I don't know your feelings on that or about Armageddon. And do you think the 'Good News of God's Kingdom' should be preached by an organised religion of some type now before Armageddon happens ? 

I go by what the Bible says regarding Armageddon, of what will become of the wicked, the righteous and the meek, and so forth. As for the good news gospel, the Great Commission commanded by God's Son should be followed, it should not be ignored and one has to teach the actual truth of what the Bible says, not some accursed, outlandish practice and or doctrine. The good news gospel, as with the Messianic Age has to, must be preached by anyone who knows what that truth is, in doing so, it goes not only clearly awareness of what Covenant they are under, but it also shows such ones respect what Jesus'command is all about and that the message in of itself is aligned with what is spoken of in Scripture just as the early church have done, just as those after getting the holy spirit at Pentecost have done.

As a follower of the Christ and of his God, it is a responsibility to teach what the Bible actually says about God, his Son and his Kingdom, for not doing so is like not listening to what the command is because people out there do not know the truth or never heard of God or the Bible, examples like some people in Thailand Bangkok, they had no idea what or who Jesus is, while elsewhere, some think Jesus is God due to false teachings, you have to show them the actual truth. As for organized religion, there is many of them, the only question is which of them is doing exactly what the early church is doing, of which I made mention of before as some try to be like the early church, strive to be it even, while some actually have made the effort and successfully teach and practice as the early church have done - this also goes for individuals who are seeking/teaching the truth compared to their mainstream counterparts.

That being said, we are to be aware of what the real enemy is and what is true and what is accursed.