The World News Media

The Government Versus Jehovah's WItnesses

Jack Ryan

56 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Double honor?? For what "hard work of teaching" dear Insider? For repeated wrong interpretations? For new "clarifications" that will come to be called "previous errors", "wrong expectations" and other phrases in WT terminology?  :))  

Every, each time this "new clarification" make JW members to have, not new clarification, but NEW HOPE, because "this time this must be true" ..in mind (read fantasy) of person only. :))

How very true your words are. The GB have to keep throwing crumbs to the sheep to keep the sheep happy. Even if the crumbs are false hopes. It is good that other people, such as yourself, can see  this too. 

• Views 2.7k
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ohh dear god....you talking as some subversive element.....Bible say how secular authority is "god's public servant".  “Rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear

Very interesting information which confirms another of my feelings. The GB are not the faithful slave class. I do love your use of the word 'clarifications', when in fact you mean, change of mean

Double honor?? For what "hard work of teaching" dear Insider? For repeated wrong interpretations? For new "clarifications" that will come to be called "previous errors", "wrong expectations" and other

Posted Images

20 hours ago, JW Insider said:

So the illustration wasn't about serving perfect food, just about the attitude and motives we should all have when we handle our Christian responsibilities.

Agree with your explanations how more important, or if we can say also, only important thing is, what we are, who we are, what sort of person we are and want to be.

If it is so, and how almost all of us here agree with such view, i believe, then all such Corporative and  Organizational  preparing and sharing of so called spiritual food ( read WT publications and talks) is/are almost unnecessary, meaningless or redundant. Why? Because of never ending process of going beyond what is written, and striving to keep members in obedience to man (WT Corporation), not to God. 

15 hours ago, JW Insider said:

he GB has had 12 members at one or two points in its official existence (since about 1971). It once had 18 members at the same time. But I think they have purposely avoided trying to keep it at 12 or 13 so that it is not seen as a kind of "apostolic succession" associated with a couple of other churches. People would surely complain that it would be a sign of haughtiness to present themselves as modern-day apostles.

hehe, Jesus and 12 GB members ... 70 helpers (2x35 sending in service)

18 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

The Government is an enemy to all, regardless of who the person is.

ohh dear god....you talking as some subversive element.....Bible say how secular authority is "god's public servant". 

“Rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God’s servant for your good.” - Romans

What sort of gospel you preaching? :)))) 

@JW Insider "For many decades the entire anointed remnant was considered to be the "faithful and discreet slave" and this probably raised the question about why they weren't ever involved in doctrinal issues unless they were already part of the Writing Department or Service Department at Bethel. Now, as of 2011, this has changed and the GB claims to be the equivalent of the FDS, which tends to remove the question about why the rest of the anointed are not involved" .

@JW Insider "No one claims that God directly gives the GB the spiritual food they see fit to distribute" 

Wow, here we have something to work with. 

Let's think on this. All the Anointed were once seen as the 'Faithful and discreet slave'. However the GB, who are not directly guided by God, decided to demote the rest of the Anointed, and to Exalt themselves. 

Luke 14 v11 'For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted'. 

So we know that the rest of the Anointed humbled themselves when they were demoted, and we know that the GB exalted themselves by saying only they are the 'Faithful and discreet slave'. 

Now regarding true guidance from God. Jesus said to his Apostles, who are of course of the Anointed,  John 14 v 13 & 14.

Also, whatever you ask in my name, I will do this, so that the Father may be glorified in connection with the Son. If you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

Also, For everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking, it will be opened.  Indeed, which father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will hand him a serpent instead of a fish?  (Luke 11 v 10 & 11)

Therefore, if you, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more so will the Father in heaven give holy spirit to those asking him!” Luke 11 v 13.

So your GB that claim to be the 'Faithful and Discreet slave' should be able to ask God, through Jesus Christ, for Holy spirit, to be able to interpret scripture correctly. 

And your statement that "No one claims that God directly gives the GB the spiritual food they see fit to distribute" should be wrong.

However it can be clearly seen that the 'food' given is often wrong. Even to my first point on this comment, about who is really the 'Faithful and discreet slave'. And yet again in the 'clarifications' we have already spoken about. 

I have a theory, a bit far fetched i admit but :-

In one of my comments I said the GB should be removed and replaced. Then someone here said that no one was in a position to remove th GB. Now, perhaps the GB demoted the rest of the Anointed because the rest of the Anointed do have the right to remove the GB and replace them. After all, who can say that those 8 men are more important and should have more power than the rest of them. It may be God's plan in the near future to use the rest of the Anointed to remove the GB and to clean up the JW org. 

It's just a thought. 

1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

@JW Insider

In one of my comments I said the GB should be removed and replaced. Then someone here said that no one was in a position to remove th GB. Now, perhaps the GB demoted the rest of the Anointed because the rest of the Anointed do have the right to remove the GB and replace them. After all, who can say that those 8 men are more important and should have more power than the rest of them. It may be God's plan in the near future to use the rest of the Anointed to remove the GB and to clean up the JW org. 

It's just a thought. 

I think the GB and all the elders that support them will be removed according to how I understand Ezekiel 34.

22 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

ohh dear god....you talking as some subversive element.....Bible say how secular authority is "god's public servant". 

Who said I am speaking about secular authority? The little you know and the fact you have no idea.

You have no idea. But I take it you are in favor of the Government and it's allies allying people by means of religion, shooting down innocent Las Vegas survivors, perhaps bombing Christians in Middle East, resulting in young ones being killed and turned into sex slaves, or perhaps turning Libya into a broken state for profit, reviving Black Slavery, the shooting of Missiles over Damascus and a list of other things or perhaps the killing of Serena Shim

Servants of God also do not want their own brothers and sisters having corpses sent down into a well by ISIS let alone being victim of government allies who are using fronts to cover up their connection to Al-Qaeda.

You tell me, name one Christian who follows the Bible that is for this, Srecko?

22 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

“Rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God’s servant for your good.” - Romans

What sort of gospel you preaching? :)))) 

I speak of Babylon the Great and the Harlot alone and what those for her are doing. You are one to talk, the very man who thinks God is cool with sex change and somehow God's order has changed, so please, save it, Srecko.

If you truly know what the Government and their allies are doing, you'd be very very aware of what is at work here, secular authority is of a whole different thing, the focus here is the Government. I am pretty sure where you live they have blood ties to those who do such things.

4 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

The Government is an enemy to all, regardless of who the person is.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/government

Government, the political system by which a country or community is administered and regulated.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989231

Government

Definition: The arrangement for making and administering laws. Governments are frequently classified according to the source and scope of their authority. Jehovah God is the Universal Sovereign, who confers authority on others in accord with his will and purpose. However, Satan the Devil, the foremost rebel against Jehovah’s sovereignty, is “the ruler of the world”—this by God’s permission for a limited period of time. The Bible depicts the global system of political rulership as a wild beast and says that “the dragon [Satan the Devil] gave to the beast its power and its throne and great authority.”—John 14:30; Rev. 13:2; 1 John 5:19.

I speak of Babylon the Great and the Harlot

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/babylon-the-great/

Babylon the Great, described in the book of Revelation, is the world’s collective body of false religions, which God rejects. 

If you truly know what the Government and their allies are doing, you'd be very very aware of what is at work here, secular authority is of a whole different thing, the focus here is the Government.

Really???!!! :)))))))))

Your friends in Watchtower say this. 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102008063

"As you read over that passage, you can see that “the superior authorities” mentioned there are the secular governments." 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1990803

6. How do Paul’s words about the paying of taxes and tribute show that the superior authorities must be secular authorities?

7 Further, Paul’s exhortation to be in subjection to the superior authorities is in harmony with Jesus’ command to pay back “Caesar’s things to Caesar,” where “Caesar” represents secular authority. 

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Really? Is that the best you can do? the Definition of the word Government? And here I thought you were going to amaze me this time, but it would seem the frog has eaten the fly in this sense.

Government, the political system by which a country or community is administered and regulated.

And by means of that system Christians were torn apart in the Middle East by those who had been created by said government, you pick a side, you get blood on your hands, the same can be spoken of by those who allied themselves with the US, that being France, UK, Saudi Arabia (which is the talk of the town right now), and a list of others.

That same link pretty must defeated your own agenda, Srecko.

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/babylon-the-great/

Babylon the Great, described in the book of Revelation, is the world’s collective body of false religions, which God rejects. 

Indeed, but the Harlot has her hands on politics. Ever heard of Elijah Interfaith? Lucis Trust? Bohemian Groove? The Spiritual Mother who's legacy has been continue?

Babylon the Great has a religious group seeking peace and unity, while those seeking security are of the Government, why else you think they have the Pope going around unifying people and spawning the event that took place yesterday in Texas?

A one world government and religion that promotes interfaith will lead to destruction.

If you cannot see that I suggest you get out from under the rock you are hiding under, if anything, your country is just as affected as the rest of us.

Really???!!! :)))))))))

Your friends in Watchtower say this. 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102008063

Again, the focus here is The Government, no laws, no secular authority, solely the Government in which it is doing to people and countries today, the agenda they are pushing. Last I checked, the one I who agrees with me, Soulja of God isn't a JW, he shares the same view as me despite our difference and he knows when we speak of Government.

I invite you to show me, show me where the Watchtower conspired in the killing of Serena Shim if you want to play that game, perhaps the killing/assassination of Klaus Ebrewien, the fact that Elizabeth Beck is in hiding due to fear of death, show me Srecko. Or perhaps the Parkland shooting's aftermath, what do you think people were saying about Governments taking firearms? 

Of course - you have nothing... As always.

"As you read over that passage, you can see that “the superior authorities” mentioned there are the secular governments." 

Unfortunately I am not speaking of security law, authority, I am speaking of The Government in general in terms of it's roles in peace and security, its action around the globe and things committed to the people, to both the just and unjust only to seize power or control, which also includes that of religion. The fact that you are unaware shows you to be more like those who accept, willingly, of what is being said in mainstream media, and it shows.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1990803

6. How do Paul’s words about the paying of taxes and tribute show that the superior authorities must be secular authorities?

7 Further, Paul’s exhortation to be in subjection to the superior authorities is in harmony with Jesus’ command to pay back “Caesar’s things to Caesar,” where “Caesar” represents secular authority. 

Not speaking about taxes either or paying taxes, you clearly missed the mark on what I am referring to, therefore, it is say to assume that you are like those who are unaware of what is going on.

I will leave you with this, granted with what the Saudis have done to a CIA affiliated/Journalist, who was friends with Osama Bin Laden, why haven't the US taken action against the Saudis? Doesn't agenda 2030 ring any bells in terms of religion, education, and government? Cryptocurrency?

Therefore I am not speaking of secular law or authority, my focus here is the government and what it will do regarding several things, including religion, hence the push for interfaith.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.