The World News Media

Guest Nicole

Are JWs   allowed to get this treatment? 

"Platelet-rich plasma (PRP), also known as autologous conditioned plasma, is a concentrate of platelet-rich plasma protein derived from whole blood, centrifuged to remove red blood cells."

For example to reduce wrinkles on the face

• Views 14.3k
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Billy: Your writing style has changed dramatically. Did a committee write that for you?

I suppose it is more a question of would a Jehovah's witness want this sort of treatment? "Autologous Conditioned Plasma or ACP, as it is more commonly known, is plasma that is rich in platelets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intraoperative_blood_salvage As long as the circulation is not interrupted, a Jehovah's witness MAY conscientously submit to the use of a cell saver. https://wo

Posted Images

On 10/21/2018 at 2:43 AM, Nicole said:

Are JWs   allowed to get this treatment? 

"Platelet-rich plasma (PRP), also known as autologous conditioned plasma

I suppose it is more a question of would a Jehovah's witness want this sort of treatment?

"Autologous Conditioned Plasma or ACP, as it is more commonly known, is plasma that is rich in platelets. Another closely related procedure uses Platelet-rich plasma (PRP). Blood is extracted from a patient and then ACP/PRP is extracted using the process of centrifugation. ACP/PRP is usually used in order to facilitate the process of regeneration in orthopaedic and surgical procedures."

"For the patient, the process is pretty much similar to a regular blood test. A small sample of blood is extracted from the patient’s body using a syringe – just like in a blood test. The blood is drawn from a superficial vein in a small quantity. After the blood is drawn, the role of a patient is over – temporarily. This blood is then passed through the process of centrifugation (rapid spinning to separate out the different elements of the blood). In this process, the autologous conditioned plasma is separated from other components present in the blood. After the ACP/PRP is conditioned, it is then injected back into the body of the patient at the point where it is needed"        http://www.londonorthopaedic.com/specialties/autologous-conditioned-plasma-acp/ 

1. It is a primary blood componet (as are platelets).

2. It is made from the patient's own blood (Autologous).

3. It is separated from the patients circulatory system, processed in a centrifuge, returned later to the patient's body.

Point 3 would be the determining factor in making such a treatment unacceptable to one of Jehovah's witnesses. 

Thanks @Gone Away 

22 minutes ago, Gone Away said:

Point 3 would be the determining factor in making such a treatment unacceptable to one of Jehovah's witnesses.

I remember the case of a brother who had a surgery, I don't remember the name of treatment, but doctors used a machine to circulate his blood outside his body, he was not repproved or something else. Elders said that as the blood was still circulating, the machine was considered as an extension of his body, he was not really getting a transfusion. Do you know the name of this treatment? 

I do agree with you that it would be unacceptable when blood is separated from the circulatory system temporarily and then injected back although someone might say that it is not blood anymore, it is only platelets 

11 minutes ago, Nicole said:

Do you know the name of this treatment? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intraoperative_blood_salvage

As long as the circulation is not interrupted, a Jehovah's witness MAY conscientously submit to the use of a cell saver.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2000767

"Cell salvage in South Tees NHS Trust

Currently the trust has five cell salvage machines. Four are on loan from the company which supply cell salvage equipment, and one is owned by the trust after it was donated by Jehovah’s Witness. The trust pays for the consumables that are used each time cell salvage is performed. The funding for this service comes from the pathology department."   https://www.southtees.nhs.uk/services/anaesthetics-and-theatre/theatres/cell-salvage/

Just as serious as whether or not you are going to violate the Scriptural Admonition of "Abstain from blood" ... is the serious problem of semantics ... how words are put together to either reflect existing thinking .. or to try an influence other's thinking.

Are JWs allowed to get Platelet-rich plasma?

That QUESTION scares the hell out of me, as I know how insidious the "environment" has become that generated it.

Allowed by WHO?

God's admonition against his declared personal property, for which he is jealous and possessive, stated "blood" is not to be used except for two things .... sacrifice to God, as was done in ancient Israel, and pouring it out onto the ground, after slaughtering an animal for food or resources needed by humans, which was an acceptable way of "returning the blood to God".

The ONLY reason blood fractions are allowed (ALLOWED!!) by the Governing Body is for better public relations spin, and to try for plausible deniability in today's cultures Earth wide so when sued, they will NOT LOSE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY.

They had it right the first time .... but were overwhelmed by greed.

How to have it BOTH ways    .jpg

Yep, I think no blood would mean no blood, but did God actually mean that ?

I've said before, the Jews practice Pikuach Nefesh. Basically 'save a life'.

And the scripture at Matthew 12 v 9-12 shows Jesus viewpoint covering more than the literal Sabbath. 

We have to remember that the 'done thing' back in the days of the disciples was to drink the warm blood of fallen gladiators. So no wonder Jesus' followers said abstain from blood. Other folks were actually drinking it. 

I would have thought the seriousness of the blood was that Jesus gave His blood on our behalf. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.