Jump to content

TheWorldNewsOrg

‘Would robot sex count as infidelity?

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

TheWorldNewsOrg -
Space Merchant -
102
1539

Top Posters


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, JW Insider said:

planned hiking trails

One thing that upset me when I moved to the USA was the realisation that one cannot just walk anywhere. In Europe, for the most part, everyone has "the right to roam" which means you can pretty much go anywhere, even on privately owned land. In America, most land is owned by someone, and that someone does not tolerate anyone walking through their property. I'm sure @James Thomas Rook Jr. wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet through your head. There are "parks" but those parks are rarely within walking distance. You might have perfect hiking acreage right behind your house, but if it doesn't belong to you,  you can't go there. In England, most privately owned fields and meadows can be accessed by pedestrians and hikers (including their free running dogs, in America you can only let your dog run in a dog park) through a style or "kissing gate". Trails are made naturally by people frequently walking there, not by someone preparing them specially for that purpose. Farmers who drive tractors through a field leave a path, and people walk on those too. As long as you do not infringe on someones garden (yard) around the house (which is usually fenced anyway) you are not trespassing. Of course there is the odd grumpy farmer who puts up "do not trespass" signs in a field, but there are not many....

So in view of that, hiking trails are not really a planned thing in England in the same sense as in America. Of course there are nature reserves, where there are sign posted trails, but generally, in the rural countryside, (where John Buttler's house is) there is no need for them. The same goes for Scotland. In fact I think now you can also put a tent up anywhere, and you can fish and canoe on all the rivers, even if it cuts through someones land.

In Switzerland, you can hike anywhere as well, and you don't have to stick to trails. The whole alpine region is completely and freely accessible to everyone. As for other European states, it's pretty much the same. Oh, and all the nature reserves are "free". They are paid for by the state.

So apparently America is the land of the free. Not in my mind xD  The book "trespassing across America" sounds interesting.....

kissing_gate_haysden_country_park-_-_geograph-org-uk_-_189742.jpg

 

81160149-tractor-trails-in-perfect-wheat-field-.jpg

This almost looks identical to the field behind my mum's house. One year it was growing rapeseed and it was amazing walking through a field of pure yellow...

 

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Anna said:

One thing that upset me when I moved to the USA was the realisation that one cannot just walk anywhere. 

Unfortunately, lawyers cooled off much of that. When trespassers began suffering injuries on private property & owners were sued for it, many responded by making their property off-limits.

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Unfortunately, lawyers cooled off much of that. When trespassers began suffering injuries on private property & owners were sued for it, many responded by making their property off-limits.

Because of peoples' reactions, I even had to stop digging holes in the back yard, at night by flashlight, in the rain.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least most of those cars finally got cleared off the lot. "Urban Explorers" must still be a problem, though. I read somewhere that they keep breaking locks and cutting fences just to take a selfie at a place like this. Right?

The cars were cleared by the previous owner who had used the house and grounds as a vehicle salvage / scrap yard. He had vehicle parts all over the house and grounds. My wife and I filled a large scrap metal bin with huge amount of scrap which when weighed in earnt the present owner a bit of cash. 

The present owner also hired a 'mini digger' and small dumper truck for my wife and i to clear some earth and rubbish with. It gave us 'new skills' and we didn't wreck the place. 

Urban explorers have been a big problem but in the last two months things have gone quiet so hopefully it will stay quiet for a long time now. 

But the sun shone brightly today whilst we were there and parts of it looked quite nice, in a derelict sort of way :) 

 

Blacvk bro and Vid of Sharon 021.JPG

Tuesday 10th July Blacckky 023.JPG

Monday 29 Oct and black bro 142.JPG

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Anna said:

One thing that upset me when I moved to the USA was the realisation that one cannot just walk anywhere. In Europe, for the most part, everyone has "the right to roam" which means you can pretty much go anywhere, even on privately owned land. In America, most land is owned by someone, and that someone does not tolerate anyone walking through their property. I'm sure @James Thomas Rook Jr. wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet through your head. There are "parks" but those parks are rarely within walking distance. You might have perfect hiking acreage right behind your house, but if it doesn't belong to you,  you can't go there. In England, most privately owned fields and meadows can be accessed by pedestrians and hikers (including their free running dogs, in America you can only let your dog run in a dog park) through a style or "kissing gate". Trails are made naturally by people frequently walking there, not by someone preparing them specially for that purpose. Farmers who drive tractors through a field leave a path, and people walk on those too. As long as you do not infringe on someones garden (yard) around the house (which is usually fenced anyway) you are not trespassing. Of course there is the odd grumpy farmer who puts up "do not trespass" signs in a field, but there are not many....

So in view of that, hiking trails are not really a planned thing in England in the same sense as in America. Of course there are nature reserves, where there are sign posted trails, but generally, in the rural countryside, (where John Buttler's house is) there is no need for them. The same goes for Scotland. In fact I think now you can also put a tent up anywhere, and you can fish and canoe on all the rivers, even if it cuts through someones land.

In Switzerland, you can hike anywhere as well, and you don't have to stick to trails. The whole alpine region is completely and freely accessible to everyone. As for other European states, it's pretty much the same. Oh, and all the nature reserves are "free". They are paid for by the state.

So apparently America is the land of the free. Not in my mind xD  The book "trespassing across America" sounds interesting.....

kissing_gate_haysden_country_park-_-_geograph-org-uk_-_189742.jpg

 

81160149-tractor-trails-in-perfect-wheat-field-.jpg

This almost looks identical to the field behind my mum's house. One year it was growing rapeseed and it was amazing walking through a field of pure yellow...

 

 

 

Anna we do have 'Public Foot Paths' here in England and also 'Bridle paths' all of which have sign posts. In fact we noticed a few weeks ago, a lady with a clipboard, looking rather 'official', walking past 'our big house'. When we left and locked up the gates we noticed new 'arrow' stickers on gate posts.  Unfortunately there is a public right of way right by  the side of the house. Nice for genuine people but makes it easier for urban explorers to get a good look at the property before breaking in. We can't stop anyone being on the outside just looking of course, but some folks are more welcome than others. We do show some folks around and let them take a few photos too. 

Here is Devon we have those gates (in your photo) and also styles to climb over. And people are expected to keep to the edges on farmers fields. The good farmer would clear a footpath around the edge, some do, some don't.  But yes it is almost 'free to roam' which has it's good and bad points, depending if you are the land owner. 

As far as the House is concerned, the new owner wants to go far beyond restoration, and the locals are totally opposed to it all. The owner wants to turn it into a massive wedding venue, for rich folks. (He's a Londoner, big business man, property and such) He wants to extend what is now the cellar, outward under the side of the house to form some sort of paved garden or similar. And he wants to add other buildings in the large grounds for other uses. Will cost millions of pounds and take at least three years i would think...

But for my wife and i it was a great challenge, getting it cleaned out and tidied up a bit. So it now looks like a house not a scrap yard..... I also had to arrange for the car parts to go into one auction and lots of furniture to go into a different auction.  The car parts / Automobilia Auction i was also involved deeply in because I help that auctioneer lay it all out and put the Lot numbers on everything.  So being part of both the auctions this month has been a challenge too. :)  The furniture auction was today (Monday) so I haven't heard any results from it yet. But in November i may just spend more time on here, sitting, relaxing, eating mince pies and drinking tea. 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To some. Self-gratification is not considered a sin. They will justify this with scripture. Desires of the heart can seem complex. Does scripture specifically mention masturbation? No, but the intent of sexual desire does. The word desire can be seen in a cocktail of the seven deadly sins.

In scripture, just by desiring someone else’s wife is looked as committing adultery. What scripture can we make light off to confirm self-gratification is a desire and thus a sexbot would be part of. Galatians 5:16-26

In God’s eyes, you can have fun, but there will ultimately be at a price. Infidelity runs hand on hand with adultery. The commonality is desire. With or without a partner. A Christian is not being faithful to God’s word of sexual immorality.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it strange that people seem to view Self-gratification as only being of a sexual nature. It isn't of course, it's just desire to obtain pleasure for oneself.  

As for all this talk about sex on here it makes me wonder if some people on here have serious problems with it.  The GB seem to talk about it a lot too. I suppose it's like Water. Whilst the water will run from the tap when you need it, all is well. But when you turn on the tap and there is no water, that's when people talk about it.  I wonder if this is the same with sex :) .

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all things where you are getting advice from someone else .... especially those who pay NO PRICE WHATSOEVER IF THEIR ADVICE SCREWS UP YOUR LIFE ... you have to consider their history of being right ... and being wrong. 

What is their overall credibility?

Is their thinking sound.. or delusional?

Marcus Aurelius Ranks of Insane     .jpg

Gravity Electricity Wind .mp4

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

In all things where you are getting advice from someone else .... especially those who pay NO PRICE WHATSOEVER IF THEIR ADVICE SCREWS UP YOUR LIFE ... you have to consider their history of being right ... and being wrong. 

What is their overall credibility?

Is their thinking sound.. or delusional?

Marcus Aurelius Ranks of Insane     .jpg

 

Gravity Electricity Wind .mp4
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

I think he suffers with wind :). And does JW Org and it's GB have any credibility ?  

Well I think it is losing it quickly. I'm sorry for mocking the Org and it's GB, but it's better than crying over it. 

They are getting what they deserve. They are trying to outride a storm but the storm is getting bigger, Earthwide in fact. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

I think it strange that people seem to view Self-gratification as only being of a sexual nature. It isn't of course, it's just desire to obtain pleasure for oneself.  

As for all this talk about sex on here it makes me wonder if some people on here have serious problems with it.  The GB seem to talk about it a lot too. I suppose it's like Water. Whilst the water will run from the tap when you need it, all is well. But when you turn on the tap and there is no water, that's when people talk about it.  I wonder if this is the same with sex :) .

The sad reality is that the whole robots and doll used as sexual pleasure is going to cause problems, and those who mass produce such things know the demographic they are targeting, pretty much exploiting that community, for example, you have the Otaku community, of which I made mention of before. These people, majority being males are targets because those who make the robots and dolls cater to their liking when it comes to characters seen in Japanese culture, be it from video games or Manga (the equivalent to comic books), on the other side of the spectrum, outside of this community, you have those who seek a similar thing however beyond that of the culture of the Otaku community itself, therefore the including of body suits, pillows and a list of other things also being produce if one cannot get his or her hands on a robot or doll. The most appalling thing that comes from whole robot/doll points to something that you show yourself to be adamantly against strongly.

But that being said, sexual gratification to oneself,which also includes robots and or dolls is still, to the majority,  categorized in masturbation and pornography.

Another thing is that it is crazy how nowadays instead of seeking a real partner, people tend to seek robots, pillows, dolls, virtual partners (for example, someone marrying a video game character), inanimate objects such as a car or a toaster, etc. And speaking about Otakus, there are less and less people seeking mates in Japan, and or those who think little of getting into relationships while on the other side of the spectrum, you have some people trying to make Momoko-san their waifu and senpai.

A crazy world it is.

This is one of the things I refer to: https://kotaku.com/5409877/the-one-about-the-guy-who-married-a-video-game

The unnamed man is married to the character, Nene Anegasaki, which in this case, is his "[Mai]  Waifu". Even even got everything ready at a literal church, with people, for he was that serious.

nene-anegasaki-married-by-human-SAL9000-

It isn't hard to imagine the case with robots, if we have situations like this.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

It isn't hard to imagine the case with robots, if we have situations like this.

It is time to update 'end of the world' scenarios. Perhaps the world will go out, not with a bang, but with a fizzle, and people forget to procreate.

Science may yet save the day, however, if those robots can just be programmed to pop out littler ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

The sad reality is that the whole robots and doll used as sexual pleasure is going to cause problems, and those who mass produce such things know the demographic they are targeting, pretty much exploiting that community, for example, you have the Otaku community, of which I made mention of before. These people, majority being males are targets because those who make the robots and dolls cater to their liking when it comes to characters seen in Japanese culture, be it from video games or Manga (the equivalent to comic books), on the other side of the spectrum, outside of this community, you have those who seek a similar thing however beyond that of the culture of the Otaku community itself, therefore the including of body suits, pillows and a list of other things also being produce if one cannot get his or her hands on a robot or doll. The most appalling thing that comes from whole robot/doll points to something that you show yourself to be adamantly against strongly.

But that being said, sexual gratification to oneself,which also includes robots and or dolls is still, to the majority,  categorized in masturbation and pornography.

Another thing is that it is crazy how nowadays instead of seeking a real partner, people tend to seek robots, pillows, dolls, virtual partners (for example, someone marrying a video game character), inanimate objects such as a car or a toaster, etc. And speaking about Otakus, there are less and less people seeking mates in Japan, and or those who think little of getting into relationships while on the other side of the spectrum, you have some people trying to make Momoko-san their waifu and senpai.

A crazy world it is.

This is one of the things I refer to: https://kotaku.com/5409877/the-one-about-the-guy-who-married-a-video-game

The unnamed man is married to the character, Nene Anegasaki, which in this case, is his "[Mai]  Waifu". Even even got everything ready at a literal church, with people, for he was that serious.

nene-anegasaki-married-by-human-SAL9000-

It isn't hard to imagine the case with robots, if we have situations like this.

Crazy stuff S. M.  You seem to do a lot of research and are full of unusual information. but  this one I find funny.

Of course it's not funny in a true sense, it is very serious. 

As for people not finding a real human partner, in some ways it is understandable. There are many reasons why one may wish to live life alone. If a person has lived alone for many years they may not wish to share all of their material possessions, or share their money, or their house. They may wish to be able to just come and go as they please without consulting a partner. They may not want any type of confrontation. They may wish to follow a special way of life, a religion maybe, that needs their full dedication. 

Being married has its own complications, and not everyone wants that. Even God's written word advises to stay single if we can cope with it.   

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It is time to update 'end of the world' scenarios. Perhaps the world will go out, not with a bang, but with a fizzle, and people forget to procreate.

Science may yet save the day, however, if those robots can just be programmed to pop out littler ones. 

It would be nice if people did 'forget to procreate'. Then maybe the population of the earth would level out a bit. 

And there would be less people to die at Armageddon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

It would be nice if people did 'forget to procreate'. Then maybe the population of the earth would level out a bit.  And there would be less people to die at Armageddon.  

Listen, I am telling you that these robots are not good, no way, no how. they may sound good, but I programmed mine to be just like me, so that he could do all the work and I could just lounge around. Instead, the bucket of bolts turned the tables on me, and I'm slogging around while it lives the life of Reilly.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Crazy stuff S. M.  You seem to do a lot of research and are full of unusual information. but  this one I find funny.

I began to look into this because of one of my sources a while back who goes by the name S.o.G, Solider of God. He focuses such things, but since he is American who lives here, majority of his focus is in the United States itself.

1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Of course it's not funny in a true sense, it is very serious.

It can and has gotten a bit serious. Something that I and SoG and many others had high concerned about is the youth and what things of this world they are being taught, on the other side of the spectrum since we are talking about robots and dolls, there are those who make such things make them to resemble children, which in turn carters to a certain demographic as well as targeting pedophiles, for the claim is it will prevent cases of sexual abuse by means of these robots and dolls, but that is still a problem has escalated, for they think they can solve the problem this way but they make it even worse.

Then we have the whole gender identity and sexual orientation, which is a mixed bag on its own. There are somethings talked about and discussed that cannot be spoken of here.

1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

As for people not finding a real human partner, in some ways it is understandable. There are many reasons why one may wish to live life alone. If a person has lived alone for many years they may not wish to share all of their material possessions, or share their money, or their house. They may wish to be able to just come and go as they please without consulting a partner. They may not want any type of confrontation. They may wish to follow a special way of life, a religion maybe, that needs their full dedication. 

Yes, but there are those who really want to find someone, however in today's society there is pickiness and pushing something on to those who are seeking a mate of something unrealized, example would be a girl named Sidney does not want to date/marry a young man named Jordan, the reason, because she already judges him and assumes, that Jordan does not look like a Leonardo DiCaprio, does not play basketball like Lebron James, and or isn't the type to be a comedian like Jim Carey, etc. It is as if they build walls and believe life is like burger king, having it their way, when in reality it is not.

Now there is indeed people who do want to live alone, and for several good reasons, especially men, for there is a The mgtow Movement, which stands for Men Going Their Own Way other times it is regarding those who do not seek companionship or the fact that the type of person they are, they do not wish to cause harm in a relationship or to be a burden to someone else, but yes, what you mention is also true, for some people do not want to share their belongings with someone else, especially if the significant other seeks to separate and or divorce, 50% of what you have will be his/hers.

On the other side of the spectrum you have the immoral ones who embrace brazen conduct, they see sexual pleasure solely with one or multiple partners, they go to crazy parties, night clubs, even overseas to seek such things, and such is committed by both men and women. On other occasions why some tend to be skeptical about young one staying in a university or college, they are open to these things and next thing you know anything regarding rape or some recording found online can spark outrage, I should know because someone I know had taken her own life over it.

1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Being married has its own complications, and not everyone wants that. Even God's written word advises to stay single if we can cope with it.  

Agreed. But we have to be very careful of sexual immorality and all brazen conduct that stems from it - this includes sexual gratification by means of these inanimate objects, which includes robots and dolls, toasters, cars, what have you. This goes for both the single and the married, I mention the married because in both the US and the UK mostly, they tend to get into these things too.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Similar Content

    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      The technique is being called "a vision of eye surgery in the future." 
       
      The technique is being called "a vision of eye surgery in the future." air009/Shutterstock
      In a medical first, surgeons have used a robot to operate inside the human eye, greatly improving the accuracy of a delicate surgery to remove fine membrane growth on the retina. Such growth distorts vision and, if left unchecked, can lead to blindness in the affected eye.
      Currently, doctors perform this common eye surgery without robots. But given the delicate nature of the retina and the narrowness of the opening in which to operate, even highly skilled surgeons can cut too deeply and cause small amounts of hemorrhaging and scarring, potentially leading to other forms of visual impairment, according to the researchers who tested out the new robotic surgery in a small trial. The pulsing of blood through the surgeon's hands is enough to affect the accuracy of the cut, the researchers said.
      In the trial, at a hospital in the United Kingdom, surgeons performed the membrane-removal surgery on 12 patients; six of those patients underwent the traditional procedure, and six underwent the new robotic technique. Those patients in the robot group experienced significantly fewer hemorrhages and less damage to the retina, the findings showed.
      Continue reading
    • By admin
      1507940147251-drlcss.mp4
      Learn more at http://www.moley.com/
       
    • Guest
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      ¡Despertad! 8 de junio de 1982.pdf

    • By TheWorldNewsOrg
      via TheWorldNewsOrg
      World News
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Over the last year, FedEx has been working with Savioke, a Silicon Valley company that makes autonomous indoor delivery robots, to develop a robot delivery system for its repair facility in Collierville, Tennessee. The bots are used by workers to move items around the office, cutting down on wasted time, and storage space, as workers no longer have to spend time walking around picking up and dropping off items, or need a mailroom clerk to do it for them.
      Savioke has spent the last few years building its Relay robot, a stout trashcan-height bot that can autonomously ferry about 10 pounds of goods around. The robot combines a range of technologies to see and navigate the world on its own, including lidar (the laser radar technologies powering the eyes of self-driving cars) and depth-sensing 3D vision cameras (similar to those found in a Microsoft Kinect). The company has been building relationships with hotels to use Relays as replacements for the menial tasks done by concierge and other hotel staff. Instead of a worker delivering room service or a toothbrush, hotels can now press a button on a tablet, have a Relay come to them, load it up, and send it to a guest, freeing up their time to do more important tasks.

      Hotels need to install a wireless system in their elevators so that Relays can open the doors on their own. The bots, which can be rented from Savioke for $2,000 a month, can navigate through areas that have been mapped, even if there are new obstacles, such as chairs that have been moved around, or people. Relays have completed over 100,000 autonomous deliveries at a range of hotels owned by Sheraton, Aloft, Holiday Inn, Westin, and others. The robots make little beeps as they carry out their errands, and the touchscreen on their fronts tell passersby what they’re up to as they’re out. When they show up to a guest’s door, they open their cargo door, say hello on the screen, and let the guests interact by pushing a few buttons to say whether they were happy with their delivery. Savioke’s robots have also started popping up at a few other office facilities around the US:
      Continue reading
    • Guest Nicole
    • By admin
      While in Hollywood films hi-tech robots are portrayed as a threat, Chinese engineers might be able to change your mind. We take a closer look at the role artificial intelligence might play in the future
       
  • Who Was Online   85 Users were Online in the Last 24 Hours   (Most members ever online in 24 hour was 116, last accomplished on .)




×

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation