Srecko Sostar

• Views 3.3k
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Which means, when translated, something like: Hello, the Bible should be read in context and one should not try to understand it by taking a verse out of context.

Bonjour la bible doit être lue dans son contexte et il ne faut pas sortir un verset pour essayer de la comprendre.

Most people would succumb to the bystander syndrome/effect, even police officers and military personnel. They will not do anything because it can put them in danger physically and even cause them thei

Posted Images

The Mosaic law was only for the Nation of Israel though the principles of that Law are carried through in the Greek Scriptures. 

And one point i noticed from the same scripture you are debating, Matthew 5, in verse 45, Jesus calls them 'sons' not children. 

"so that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens," 

Hence i continue to say, these scriptures are written for the Anointed class only.

Why? Because only the Anointed are called 'Sons'. The earthly class are called 'Children' of God.

Il y a 1 heure, JOHN BUTLER a dit :

La loi mosaïque était seulement pour la nation d'Israël bien que les principes de cette loi sont portés par les Écritures grecques. 

Et un point, j'ai remarqué de la même écriture que vous débattons, Matthieu 5, au verset 45, Jésus les appelle « fils » et non les enfants. 

« Afin que vous puissiez vous prouver fils de votre Père qui est dans les cieux » 

Par conséquent, je continue à dire que ces écritures ont été écrites pour la classe Oint seulement.

Pourquoi? Parce que seul l'Oint sont appelés « fils ». La classe terrestre sont appelés « enfants » de Dieu.

L'important c'est d'être connue de Dieu.

(Romains 10:19, 20) [...] » 20 Et Isaïe ose même dire : « J’ai été trouvé par ceux qui ne me cherchaient pas ; je suis devenu connu de ceux qui ne demandaient pas à me parler. [...] 

What in this words told by Jesus need some extra context with some special interpretation, that is not visible while reader reading it? - “You have heard that it was said, ...."

Those who listened Jesus at moment he gave sermon knew well WHO told them;

1) You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.

2) You shall not commit adultery

3) Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.

4) Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made

5) Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.

6) Love your neighbor  and hate your enemy.

It is noticeable how Jesus have extra appendix on every of this listed, quoted things he made. Did he go beyond already said and written? He gave some  additional explanation? He gave not just an explanation, but even a guide that differs from what they were taught.

All this 6 points you can find in Ten commands and Mosaic Law. But one you would not find - "hate your enemy". But Bible have idea of hating. Not only hating bad things in general or bad deeds made by people. Bible talking about hate that is directed towards other people. 

General idea of "hating" is visible in book Ec. 3:8. ...a time to love and a time to hate

Very specific way of hating is visible in;

Psalm 139:21,22 ....Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

Hosea 9:15 Every evil of theirs is in Gilgal; there I began to hate them 

Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters— yes, even his own life— he cannot be My disciple.

In sermon, Jesus talking about NOT HATING enemy but also about HATING family members. 

You can talk about so called CONTEXT how much you wish and want, but what is said - it is said, and how it was said -it was said. WTJWorg in some of Bible verses  found basis for shunning, avoiding and ignoring those who disagree about WT doctrines.      

In one moment Jesus making corrections about Mosaic Law and oral teaching, oral law. In next moment he has told something that WT scholars using for own Oral laws and commands and instructions.

Do you still want continue to insist on so called Context? What Context, when whole  Bible can be used for particular interest of  governing elite. :))) Each group will find its context and claim how that is A Context. :))

44 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

What in this words told by Jesus need some extra context with some special interpretation, that is not visible while reader reading it? - “You have heard that it was said, ...."

Those who listened Jesus at moment he gave sermon knew well WHO told them;

1) You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.

2) You shall not commit adultery

3) Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.

4) Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made

5) Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.

6) Love your neighbor  and hate your enemy.

It is noticeable how Jesus have extra appendix on every of this listed, quoted things he made. Did he go beyond already said and written? He gave some  additional explanation? He gave not just an explanation, but even a guide that differs from what they were taught.

All this 6 points you can find in Ten commands and Mosaic Law. But one you would not find - "hate your enemy". But Bible have idea of hating. Not only hating bad things in general or bad deeds made by people. Bible talking about hate that is directed towards other people. 

General idea of "hating" is visible in book Ec. 3:8. ...a time to love and a time to hate

Very specific way of hating is visible in;

Psalm 139:21,22 ....Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

Hosea 9:15 Every evil of theirs is in Gilgal; there I began to hate them 

Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters— yes, even his own life— he cannot be My disciple.

In sermon, Jesus talking about NOT HATING enemy but also about HATING family members. 

You can talk about so called CONTEXT how much you wish and want, but what is said - it is said, and how it was said -it was said. WTJWorg in some of Bible verses  found basis for shunning, avoiding and ignoring those who disagree about WT doctrines.      

In one moment Jesus making corrections about Mosaic Law and oral teaching, oral law. In next moment he has told something that WT scholars using for own Oral laws and commands and instructions.

Do you still want continue to insist on so called Context? What Context, when whole  Bible can be used for particular interest of  governing elite. :))) Each group will find its context and claim how that is A Context. :))

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14 v 26).

Yes very strong words indeed. But i still think they were addressed only to the Anointed. 

Il voulait plutôt dire que ses disciples devaient aimer moins les membres de leur famille que Dieu (voir Matthieu 6:24). Dans le même ordre d’idée, la Bible relate que Jacob ‘haïssait’ Léa et aimait sa sœur Rachel, autrement dit qu’il n’aimait pas la première autant que la seconde (Genèse 29:30-32).

9 minutes ago, Josué2 said:

Il voulait plutôt dire que ses disciples devaient aimer moins les membres de leur famille que Dieu (voir Matthieu 6:24). Dans le même ordre d’idée, la Bible relate que Jacob ‘haïssait’ Léa et aimait sa sœur Rachel, autrement dit qu’il n’aimait pas la première autant que la seconde (Genèse 29:30-32).

OK, i can "swallow" this interpretation and make careful agree with idea you present, BUT when you say "to love less" what you really mean by that? What is truly, actually everyday way how you and other JW member SHOW this "less love" ??!!  And what when your family member decide not to be JW or stop to be JW?

According to WT, "to love less" means not to pick up cell phone when dfd daughter call her mum. And that is shameful !! Is it that what you mean by "to love less" in religious sort of thinking?

For me, that is out of mind and brutal, that is destruction of humanity, it ruins the natural conscience  and creates an artificial people, insensitive robots. 

11 hours ago, Josué2 said:

Matthieu 6:24

Matthew 6:24 New International Version (NIV)

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

What is your message?

Is it this?

God=master. Money=master. 

You hate God but love money. Or. You hate money but love God.

You will be devoted to God and despise money. Or. You will be devoted to money and despise God.

If one of this is in your life, please give some example how looks your hate and your love, on money and God. :))

11 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Genèse 29:30-32

Jacob made love to Rachel also, and his love for Rachel was greater than his love for Leah. And he worked for Laban another seven years.

When the Lord saw that Leah was not loved, he enabled her to conceive, but Rachel remained childless.  Leah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Reuben,[a] for she said, “It is because the Lord has seen my misery. Surely my husband will love me now.”

Here we have some gradation, degrees, in feelings of love. (Hate can also have gradation)

greater love

grater than

not loved

In one moment we have information (inspired information) how Jacob was not just showed  LESS love to Leah, but inspired report said how Lord saw that Leah WAS NOT LOVED. Here we have very different conclusion. Not loved at all. 

Is it possible to say how sometimes when somebody say, I love my dfd family member less, in fact means -- I do not love him/her at all? 

What literal message is here in Genesis? If you have two women in your life and you dare to love one less (or not love at all), than God will punished woman you love more. Or do i missed something and not saw some greater Context? :)) 

In next post/comment i will put another example and ask you to find a context and lesson for 21 century people. 

1. So David rose and he and his men went and struck47 down among the Phi·lisʹtines two[i]hundred men, and David came bringing their foreskins48 and giving them in full number to the king, to form a marriage alliance with the king. In turn Saul gave him Miʹchal his daughter as a wife.49

If you like, please skip all that intrigues between Saul and David and fighting for power and prestige.  I am not interested in background about problems that those two individual had among them. It will be very good to see and understand what in this act is precious for Christian today to imitate when they found themselves in premarital period, about money and material issue, new family bonds,  .....

In this and other stuff about David we found description -  And David was continually acting prudently in all his ways, and Jehovah was with him.  

According to this statement it was ok to kill 200 people, even enemies, as price for bride. Bloody money, we would say today. Nice beginning  of family life. Miʹchal, Saul’s daughter must be very proud and happy when heard about trophy David has won, collected.  It seems how such way of living was the best and only possible if you want to survive in such society. We today are too much meek in comparison to manly, macho individuals as David.

Well, we have two messages from Bible:

Be meek like Jesus (read - let people spit on you) 

Be prudent like David (read - don't mess with me).

... now please would someone give context of this two teachings :))