• Views 510
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you post information about when voting is a matter of conscience for JWs as you posted in the same photo in the Spanish version? 

I  do remember this daily text comment from November 3rd below. 

I do remember also an experience from my family, when a horrible communist government was ruling and my grandfather a non JW, kept pushing my grandmother to go to vote against government, she went not to continue facing my grandfather opposition but she marked null vote. 

For brothers and sisters in Nicaragua and Venezuela they have been reminded of being neutral and be careful with what they say or do regarding the ruling presidents or the opposition for their own safety and address people to the true solution of all this mess

3. Why must we remain neutral?

3 The Bible gives several reasons why God requires that we remain neutral. For example, we follow the teachings and example of his Son, Jesus Christ, by being “no part of the world,” avoiding its politics and wars. (John 6:15; 17:16) We must remain neutral in order to be loyal subjects of God’s Kingdom. Otherwise, how could we have a clean conscience when we preach the good news that only God’s Kingdom can solve mankind’s problems? Additionally, unlike false religions that divide their members by meddling in politics, true worship preserves our international brotherhood by helping us to remain neutral.—1 Pet. 2:17.

4. (a) How do we know that it will become more difficult to remain neutral? (b) Why should we prepare now to remain neutral?

4 Where we live, the political environment may be calm, seemingly tolerant of true worship. Yet, as Satan’s system nears its end, we can expect the issue of neutrality to become more prominent. The world is filled with people who are “not open to any agreement” and “headstrong,” so it will only become more divided and polarized. (2 Tim. 3:3, 4) In some countries, our brothers have already faced unexpected challenges to their neutrality because of a rapidly changing political environment. Do you see why we need to strengthen our resolve now to remain neutral? If we wait until we face a challenging situation, we might compromise and violate our neutral stand. So how can we prepare to maintain our neutrality in a divided world? Let us consider four keys that will help us to succeed.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2016288#h=10:0-12:0

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.