The World News Media

Be careful buying food licked by dogs at your local Starbucks

LNN

The food display looks enticing to you doesn't it?

IMG_3164.jpg

Well... it also is lickable and a temptation that some dogs also find irresistible

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

Think twice before wrapping your fingers around that sandwich or wrap.. :D

And no... this wasn't a "service dog"

Public Health in restaurant establishments in the United States has plummeted over the past few years unfortunately.

People years ago would have been horrified by this.

But isn't a dogs tongue supposedly cleaner than a humans?   (why do I doubt this wives tale?)

• Views 643
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I also feel they should not permit the animals there. 

The food display looks enticing to you doesn't it? Well... it also is lickable and a temptation that some dogs also find irresistible Think twice before wrapping your finge

Posted Images

I did not know they permit enter with pets. 

The last article I read say the contrary about dogs tongue, specially because my dogs love to lick me when I am lying down on the floor working out ?

A Wisconsin man had to have his hands and legs amputated because of a bacterial infection he got after being licked by a dog — here's what to know about the risks

• Greg Manteufel, a 48-year-old Wisconsin man, recently had to have both of his hands and his legs amputated after contracting a bacterial infection, most likely from a dog's licks.
  • Up to 74% of dogs and 57% of cats carry the bacteria that can cause these infections, Capnocytophaga canimorsus, but in most cases, people only get infected after being bitten.
  • Approximately 30% of people who do get infected die, which is why it's essential to see a doctor if you are bitten by an animal.

The vast majority of the time, a lick from a dog is totally harmless.

But in exceedingly rare circumstances, that lick can lead to a dangerous and potentially lethal infection from a common bacteria.

Greg Manteufel, a 48-year-old Wisconsin man, recently had to have both of his hands and his legs amputated after contracting the bacteria Capnocytophaga canimorsus. That most likely came from the tongue of a dog, potentially his own, according to local news reports.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wisconsin-man-amputated-after-dog-lick-capnocytophaga-canimorsus-2018-8

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.