The World News Media

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS | Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Certain Holidays?

The Librarian

39 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Where is it said to blaspheme against the holy spirit by judging God? Is this what humanity has become when humans believe they are better. I think nimrod is a good example. I believe Pharaoh is a good example. Do Not blame God for the troubles that humanity has inflicted on themselves. 

I see no blasphemy, only disappointment and confusion. You are the second one using this idea of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit. 

Trying to frighten people is not God's way of doing things. Showing love and compassion is God's way.  Of course JW's would not know, they only know strict rules from the GB and the fear of being disfellowshipped. 

• Views 3.6k
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Srecko Sostar   Srecko, your words are true. Of course we can express our feelings in words and it is not blasphemy.  And in my opinion the scriptures were written for the Anointed, we are just

The 'Watchtower' is just a magazine. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is :- The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania is a non-stock, not-for-profit organization[4] headquarte

They say if it's not a religious festival everyone must make up his mind according to their own conscience. Then they list a scripture that criticises every form of special day whether it celebrates a

Posted Images

9 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

to blaspheme

????

Please, where is boarder line when one thing stops and another coming?? Is such line existing or is that area including (not only black/white protocols, rules, paragraphs, list of blaspheme emotions, list of blaspheme thoughts, list of blaspheme words and list of blaspheme deeds) more than we think we know about it? 

I think how our decision to not say a word about such crucial things in our life, about Us and Him and what we feel and think about some thing or about all things, that make us feel this way or another, is suppressing the core problem of/in our life, and about our relation to God and people too .   

10 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

The optics are different from those that claim love is in their heart and with the very same breathe adhere to hate.

However, study the very intent it was written, and there is a considerable amount that challenges God regardless if we lend a blind eye to it.

Therefore, it should be noted that God sets his commandments upon humanity. Not the other way around.

The word fear is used in a callous manner. Matthew 10:28

fear.jpg

Therefore, let's not ruin Thanksgiving for James and JWinsider, with technicalities. Happy Holidays.

Us of the Earthly class are all human and I'm sure God is well aware we are just dust. You seem to expect far more of us than God would i believe. 

The Anointed, whomever they are, maybe have more expected of them  

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

????

Please, where is boarder line when one thing stops and another coming?? Is such line existing or is that area including (not only black/white protocols, rules, paragraphs, list of blaspheme emotions, list of blaspheme thoughts, list of blaspheme words and list of blaspheme deeds) more than we think we know about it? 

I think how our decision to not say a word about such crucial things in our life, about Us and Him and what we feel and think about some thing or about all things, that make us feel this way or another, is suppressing the core problem of/in our life, and about our relation to God and people too .   

@Srecko Sostar   Srecko, your words are true. Of course we can express our feelings in words and it is not blasphemy. 

And in my opinion the scriptures were written for the Anointed, we are just the other sheep, not of that fold.  So again in my opinion only the Anointed can blaspheme against the Holy Spirit as they have a special relationship with God. 

Much more is therefore expected of the Anointed.  Matthew 5 v 45 

" so that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, .... "

The sons are the ones with that special inheritance, the Anointed 

Matthew 5 v 48  You must accordingly be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

As for me I an neither anointed or perfect, so I'm sure God understands my shortcomings. Is this the same with you ? 

The Kid is like a child throwing his toys out of the pram because he cannot think of true answers to people's comments. 

Poor Kid, go and lay down and rest. 

The straight answer to the question is :-

Jehovah's Witnesses are told exactly what they can and cannot do. Therefore if the GB says they cannot celebrate a holiday then that is final. 

However if rebel witnesses want to do something they will find a way round it.

Remember you answer to God through Jesus Christ. Not to the GB of that Org. 

15 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

The Watchtower doesn’t govern anyone’s life.

Your conclusion Billy is not correct :))

14 GOVERNING BODY

The Governing Body is the group of men with the heavenly hope who are used by God to direct the work of his people. In the first century, Jehovah used a governing body to guide the early Christian congregation in their worship and their preaching work. (Acts 15:2) Today, the group of brothers who serve as the Governing Body take the lead in directing, guiding, and protecting God’s people. When these brothers make decisions, they rely on guidance from God’s Word and his holy spirit. Jesus spoke of this group of anointed men as “the faithful and discreet slave.”—Matthew 24:45-47. - source https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102017578#h=74:0-76:25

GOVERNING meaning - source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/governing

-having the power to govern a country or an organization

-having a controlling influence on something

-the management or control of the activities of a particular country,region, or organization:

20 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Do you do everything your local government tells you? By this response, I guess not. The Watchtower doesn’t govern anyone’s life. Just as God doesn’t govern the life of humanity to either do right or do wrong. I think, maybe there was confusion before you decided to leave.

The 'Watchtower' is just a magazine. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is :-

The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania is a non-stock, not-for-profit organization[4] headquartered in Warwick, New York. It is the main legal entity used worldwide by Jehovah's Witnesses to direct, administer and disseminate doctrines for the group and is often referred to by members of the denomination simply as "the Society". It is the parent organization of a number of Watch Tower subsidiaries, including the Watchtower Society of New York and International Bible Students Association.[5][6] The number of voting shareholders of the corporation is limited to between 300 and 500 "mature, active and faithful" male Jehovah's Witnesses.[7] About 5800 Jehovah's Witnesses provide voluntary unpaid labour, as members of a religious order, in three large Watch Tower Society facilities in New York;[8] nearly 15,000 other members of the order work at the Watch Tower Society's other facilities worldwide.[8][9][10

The Governing Body of the CCJW are the ones that GOVERN, GIVE ORDERS, MAKE RULES, CONTROL PEOPLE.  

I suppose that is why you always use the 'Watchtower' not the GB or JW Organisation. Using the word 'Watchtower' is a cop out, as the Watchtower is just a magazine, not a human. 

And your point about my local government has no meaning, because my local government will not 'disfellowship me' nor will it stop hundreds, well thousands, of people talking to me. 

You know why i left, it was because of the large amount of CHILD ABUSE Earthwide within the JW organisation, caused by the GB and Elders in the JW Org. No confusion there. 

5 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

When things are taken out of context, it would appear that someone would be incorrect. This shameful illustration proves how wrong it is to twist publications to simulate a point. Something that is written in scripture in Matthew 24:48-51 that was missed with the response given.

It appears by this statement that a corporation like “Walmart” runs the lives of its employees. It appears the United Kingdom runs every aspect of its citizens' personal life.

Therefore, this liberal take is incorrect.

When scripture reflect a shepherd should tend to its sheep, it is referring to spirituality. Maintaining the sheep fed with spiritual food. That has “nothing” what’s so ever to do with what the sheep do in its personal life. As we can see, many people are disfellowshipped.

Under the definition of Governing Body

noun

noun: governing body; plural noun: governing bodies

1. a group of people who formulate the policy and direct the affairs of an institution in partnership with the managers, especially on a voluntary or part-time basis.

"the school's governing body"

We can have a better understanding of what the function is when we combine the governing body with secular administration.

Quote : " It appears by this statement that a corporation like “Walmart” runs the lives of its employees".   Yes Walmart does run the lives of it's employers whilst they are being paid to work at Walmart. That is quite obvious. It would be do the work or get out. And there would be rules as to manner of clothing, lunch breaks, smoke breaks, language used, and much more. 

Quote : "It appears the United Kingdom runs every aspect of its citizens' personal life."  The government of the UK does run people's lives, via the local councils, the police force, the Laws passed in parliament,  etc... Once again that is obvious. They even have spy cameras everywhere. Speed cameras on every main road. They even know when a vehicle enters London if it should not be there.  They know what everyone is earning, they know how much pension everyone is getting that has retired. They have full rights, it seems, to come into your home and check on your computer, check your bank accounts,  check your Paypal account, etc ... And yes i do know as it's happened to me. They even go around, what we call, car boot sales, and check registration numbers, to see which people are making a living by selling things at car boot sales. Yep, the government have control and they let us know it..... 

So it is with the Governing Body of JW Org. The GB make the rules. The GB rule over the congregants, via management, down to the policemen, oh sorry Elders. The Elders lord it over the congregations, because they know that the congregants, well most of them, are frightened of being disfellowshipped. The Elders do not show love to the congregation, they rule over them. 

Quote : "That has “nothing” what’s so ever to do with what the sheep do in its personal life" . Now that is funny.  So why all the fuss about a man and a woman spending time together in a house ?  And then accusing them of fornication without any witnesses. 

Why are congregants frightened to talk to ones that have left the Org ?  Fear of getting caught. 

The elders seem to have spies out watching people. Unless you think the angels are reporting congregants to the Elders. 

You, Kid, are in denial. Or you are blind. And there are none so blind as those that do not want to see.  

11 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

This shameful illustration proves how wrong it is to twist publications to simulate a point

No dear Billy, i am not twisting WT publications quotes. Under their influencing spirits, what ever source those spirits are, message in articles and public talks showed how looks the hierarchy in this structure we called Organization, Society, Congregation, Company, Corporation and other titles that are official and unofficial terminology in JW organization. 

12 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Your silliness has become complicit. God makes the rules (commands) The governing body administers that spiritual food, and adheres to those commandments that every witness should do. A contradictory in terms of your own understanding. 😉

When people become afraid, it means they have broken one of Gods commandments. Keeping the congregation clean is a structured scriptural application.

If anyone else has more colorful stories about Thanksgiving, or holiday’s in a sensible and rational manner, I will conclude this rhetoric with Screcko, and Bulter. I was looking for intellectual people that understand scripture.

The only denials come from former witnesses and those that are no longer in good standing, meaning they left the organization in their minds but are afraid to leave because of their personal confusion of not knowing to physically remove themselves when they have decided in front of God with their hearts they have already done this. 🙄

BUT THE GB DO NOT KEEP THE JW  ORG CLEAN. THEY ONLY PRETEND TO KEEP IT CLEAN. THAT IS PROVED BY THE REFUSAL TO HAND OVER THE DOCUMENTS CONCERNING THE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF CHILD ABUSE WITHIN THE ORG IN AMERICA ALONE. 

It was also proved by the UK Bethel trying to fight the investigation into the child abuse here in the UK....

And congregants are afraid of being disfellowshipped as they will lose what they think are friends, and lose contacts for business too.  

Remember this Kid, leaving the JW Org, does not mean leaving God.  The GB and it's Org do not have the key to the gate that leads to serving God.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 

18 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I am the door (the gate); if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture

Sometimes ... it helps to be too big to get on any truck to take to the slaughter house.

That is my profound thought for today ..... the rest of my posts today I will be transmitting telepathically.

If you think of something profound, and funny .... that would be me!

AP18332206203289-1.jpg