Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nicole

Larry Graham

Topic Summary


Last Reply



Guest Nicole -
D. Forrest Jones -

Top Posters

  • Guest 1
  • D. Forrest Jones 1

Recommended Posts

Guest Nicole

Part of a series on:

*** g89 2/22 pp. 12-16 I Found ‘One in a Million’ ***

THE New York Woodstock Music Festival in 1969 was the most thrilling moment of my musical career. A sea of humanity stretched as far as the eye could see. It was awe-inspiring!
I was the bass guitarist and singer with Sly and the Family Stone, one of the best-known music groups of the time. A tremendous roar of approval came from the throats of half a million people as they called for an encore of our performance.
That was indeed a thrilling moment, but it is now far from the most memorable event of my life. I have found a rare treasure, a ‘one in a million’ find. However, before describing it, let me explain things that shaped my life.13048231_1082707071801007_5268861000578954222_o.jpg
Becoming a Musician
In 1946 I was born into a musical family in Beaumont, Texas, my mother’s only son. She was a pianist with the church choir, and my father was a jazz guitarist. Soon afterward my family moved to Oakland, California, where I started tap dancing at the age of five. Two years later, I learned the piano under the guidance of my grandmother, who cared for me in those early years.
When I was 11, my father gave me his guitar and amplifier, and I eagerly set about learning this new instrument. Later, I learned to play the drums, the clarinet, and the saxophone. By the time I was 13, I had my own professional rock ’n’ roll band called The Five Riffs. At the age of 15, I began playing in nightclubs as part of the Dell Graham Trio, which was made up of my mother on piano, me on lead guitar, and a drummer.
My mother and I later formed a duo. To make up for the lack of a drummer, I thumped and plucked the bass strings of my guitar to accentuate the rhythm. In this way I developed my own distinctive thumping-and-plucking style of bass playing. A regular patron was so impressed that she telephoned a disc jockey, Sly Stone, and urged him to listen to me. The result was that, in 1966, I was offered the role of bass guitarist in a seven-piece group that became known as Sly and the Family Stone.
Our record “Dance to the Music” became an international hit, and we became the most popular black group of the time. Other hits quickly followed, including “Hot Fun in the Summertime,” “Everyday People,” and “Thank You for Letting Me Be Myself Again.” Then came the Woodstock Music Festival, where we played alongside other internationally famous musicians. Later, we played for 300,000 people on the Isle of Wight in Britain and for 350,000 at a music festival in West Germany.
In 1971 I received a threat against my life. I was told that during a performance in the Los Angeles Coliseum, I would be shot as the sound of the music and the roar of the crowd reached a crescendo. I was terrified. However, the electronic equipment malfunctioned, and the concert promoter came out and canceled the performance. I felt that God had somehow intervened to save my life. I ran in panic from the stadium back to my hotel room, where I hurriedly packed and left the city.
This terrifying experience preoccupied me, even when I formed my own musical group called Graham Central Station. My second record album with this group has printed on its cover the words “Produced by God.” I did not intend to be blasphemous, but the words reflected my feeling that I had been saved by God.
A Turning Point in My Life
In 1973 I met Tina, an international airline stewardess. While she braided my hair in preparation for performances, I would often talk to her about my belief in God. About this time, Tina’s mother began studying the Bible with Jehovah’s Witnesses.
One day Tina found her mother in tears. She was crying because none of her children would be present for her baptism at the district convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses in the Oakland Coliseum. Tina promised that if it meant so much to have her family present, she would attend the baptism on Friday.
Tina was so impressed by what she saw and heard that July day in 1974 that afterward she telephoned me and tried to persuade me to attend Saturday’s session. But I was too tired from recording the night before. On Sunday, Tina again telephoned and urged me to attend. I was curious to see what had impressed Tina, so I went.
A policeman said that since I didn’t have a convention parking ticket, I couldn’t go into the parking lot. He added: “You don’t want to listen to that stuff anyway!” I was temporarily put off and drove away. But later I thought better of it, turned around, and headed back. By the time I got into the Coliseum, there were only a few minutes of the final address remaining.
Having been a performer for most of my life, I have a feeling for crowds. I had been in the Oakland Coliseum many times for other events, but this was unlike anything I had ever seen—60,000 people of different races and social backgrounds all mingling together peacefully. Just the “feel” of the crowd convinced me that this was something important, indeed, a ‘one in a million’ find!
As I left the Coliseum, a young teenage girl, who because of my appearance had no difficulty in seeing I was not a Witness, came up and pressed a copy of the book Is This Life All There Is? into my hand. It was just what I needed! On reaching my car, I opened to page 24 and saw an illustration of a swan, a tortoise, a tree, and some people. Observing that a swan may live 80 years, a tortoise 150 years, and a tree thousands of years, the book asked: “Does man’s short life-span make sense?” The message of this illustration had an immediate impact on me.
Later, I asked Tina many questions, but she knew no more about the Bible than I did. So we decided to visit the woman who had studied with Tina’s mother. As we left her house, I turned to Tina and said: “That woman is a phony! Nobody can be that nice! You watch, next week she will be different!” But week after week, she remained exactly the same, answering all our questions by calmly turning to the Bible.
Tina and I began a regular Bible study in the book The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life. Shortly, however, it came time for me to tour with my group. I was encouraged to telephone the local congregations in each of the many cities I would be visiting across the United States and ask for someone to study the succeeding chapters of the Truth book with me.
I visited congregations from the west coast to the east coast and from the north and midwest down to Texas and the southern states. Those who conducted the Bible study with me came from a variety of races and socioeconomic backgrounds. But everywhere I went, the message was the same. It impressed me greatly that I had found not just a local phenomenon in the Oakland Bay area but a countrywide organization that was truly united in spiritual harmony.
A Complete Change of Life
When I toured Europe after completing our U.S. tour, I continued my studies with Witnesses there. Reaching Paris, I telephoned Tina and proposed marriage. A few weeks later, in February 1975, we were married in Nevada. After only five days of marriage, I began another tour of the United States, but Tina joined me this time.
In Brooklyn, New York, we visited the international headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses. We were outlandishly dressed, wearing black matching outfits with glittering red and silver dragons on the trouser legs and on the backs of our jackets, which still embarrasses us when we think about it. But we were kindly treated, and no one made remarks about our dress.
Tina and I were baptized at the district convention in Oakland in July 1975, exactly one year from when we had walked into our first convention at the same site. What made the occasion even more joyous was the fact that Tina’s two sisters, Denise and Shelia, and my own mother, all of whom began studying soon after we did, were baptized at the same time. A few years later, my grandmother, at the tender age of 82, also got baptized.
The things I was learning are apparent from the record covers of some of the albums my group produced. The 1976 album entitled Mirror showed on the cover photographs of me and other band members. On one side we appeared with long hair, sunglasses, and faddish clothing, while on the other a mirror-image depicted us as clean-cut, with shorter hair, and modest styles of dress.
The songs included one entitled “Forever.” It was dedicated to my hope of seeing my father in the resurrection, when life forever will be in front of us. The words of one song reflected my feelings as a newly baptized Witness.
Helping Others
We have had many opportunities to share our faith. An organist and a drummer responded and dedicated their lives to Jehovah. That drummer is now an elder and a regular pioneer in the West Hollywood Congregation.
During a tour in 1975, I took our organist witnessing for his first time in a wealthy, all-white area of Atlanta, Georgia. As we were going from house to house, police cars suddenly screeched to a halt, and policemen jumped out demanding to know what we were doing there. At the same time, a police helicopter appeared overhead and hovered just a few feet above us. Apparently the police had received reports of “suspicious characters” in the neighborhood, but when our mission as witnesses of Jehovah was explained, the police left us alone. It was quite an introduction to the witnessing work for our organist!
On this tour, following our baptism, we made a giant audiovisual display with 15-foot [4.6 m] screens. This was the feature of the show. It required the use of two large semitrailer trucks and two tour buses. The audiovisual show depicted the horrors of world conditions and then pointed to the solution through God’s Kingdom. The slides included photographs of the Oakland Coliseum convention and our own baptism. This was set to music, and I gave a commentary between the songs.
During one tour, I was out in the field service in Hollywood, Florida, and we were being assigned to work from door to door by the one conducting the group. Suddenly, I heard one of my records being played at a house nearby. I knocked on the door, and the three young men there getting high on drugs were dumbfounded suddenly to see standing at their door the singer of the song they were listening to! I have since learned that two of these men have become Witnesses.
In 1979 we moved to Los Angeles into a large house with a swimming pool and landscaped gardens overlooking the city. I set up my own 24-track recording studio next to it. The first record that I recorded there was entitled “One in a Million You,” which sold over a million copies. Shortly afterward I was privileged to serve as a ministerial servant, and in 1982, just one week before our daughter, Latia, was born, I was appointed an elder.
One Sunday I was conducting the Watchtower Study when a young Hawaiian man entered the Kingdom Hall and stared at me in amazement. He had seen me in Hawaii in 1975 when I was a long-haired pop performer, so he was now shocked to see me modestly dressed and conducting the Watchtower Study. Although he had moved to Los Angeles with the intention of making it big in the music field, he agreed to study with me. He now serves with our congregation as a regular pioneer.
Simplifying Our Life-Style
Tina and I can truthfully say that we have been the happiest since entering the full-time ministry as pioneers in 1982. A further refinement in our spiritual advancement has been the simplifying of our life-style. We were spending 90 percent of our time at home in only two rooms of a large house that required the services of gardeners and maids to operate effectively. We could not fully utilize the Lincoln Town Car, the 1955 Thunderbird, the Cord, the Mercedes-Benz, the 25-foot [7.6 m] motor home, a van, and several motorcycles. So after the district convention in 1985, we sold our house and most of the vehicles.
We now live in a modest townhouse, which Tina finds easier to keep while pioneering. Although I still do limited work as a musician, my real happiness now comes from serving as a pioneer and seeing our little daughter advance spiritually. She has set firm goals despite her young years and constantly talks about the time when she can symbolize her dedication to Jehovah.
Another blessing I long for is to see my mother again in the resurrection and to tell her about the events that have transpired since she died faithful as a regular pioneer in April 1987. Yes, instead of being thrilled by entertaining hundreds of thousands of music fans, I now get true satisfaction by doing my best to obey the words of the psalmist: “Praise Jah, you people! Sing to Jehovah a new song, his praise in the congregation of loyal ones.” (Psalm 149:1)—As told by Larry Graham.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      *** g89 22/2 págs. 12-16 Encontré un tesoro excepcional ***

      Encontré un tesoro excepcional
      EL FESTIVAL musical de Woodstock (Nueva York) celebrado en 1969 fue la experiencia más emocionante de mi carrera musical. Un mar de gente se extendía hasta donde alcanzaba la vista. ¡Fue impresionante!
      Yo era el cantante y el guitarra bajo del grupo musical Sly and the Family Stone, uno de los más conocidos en aquel tiempo. Se oyó un enorme estruendo cuando medio millón de personas expresaron a voz en cuello su aprobación y pidieron que siguiéramos actuando.
      Si bien es cierto que aquel fue un momento realmente emocionante, ahora no es ni mucho menos el acontecimiento más memorable de mi vida. He encontrado algo verdaderamente singular, un tesoro excepcional. Pero antes de hablar de él, permítanme explicarles algunas cosas que moldearon mi vida.
      Cómo llegué a ser músico
      Nací en el año 1946 en Beaumont (Texas), el único hijo de una familia con inclinaciones musicales. Mi madre tocaba el piano y acompañaba al coro de la iglesia, y mi padre era guitarrista de jazz. Poco después de nacer yo, mi familia se trasladó a Oakland (California), donde, a la edad de cinco años, empecé a bailar claqué. Dos años después, mi abuela, que fue quien me cuidó durante mi tierna infancia, me ayudó a aprender a tocar el piano.
      A los once años de edad, mi padre me dio su guitarra y su amplificador, y lleno de ilusión, me puse a aprender este nuevo instrumento. Más tarde aprendí a tocar la batería, el clarinete y el saxófono. A los trece años ya tenía mi propio conjunto profesional de rock and roll, llamado The Five Riffs. A los quince empecé a tocar en clubes nocturnos como parte del conjunto Dell Graham Trio, formado por mi madre al piano, un batería y yo, que llevaba la melodía con la guitarra.
      Algún tiempo después, mi madre y yo formamos un dúo. Como no teníamos batería, yo punteaba las cuerdas bajas de mi guitarra para acentuar el ritmo. Fue así como adquirí mi propio y característico estilo. A la dueña de un local donde tocábamos con regularidad le gustó tanto mi estilo, que telefoneó a un disc jockey, Sly Stone, e insistió en que me escuchara. El resultado fue que en 1966 me ofrecieron el puesto de guitarra bajo en un grupo de siete instrumentos que llegó a conocerse como Sly and the Family Stone.
      Nuestro disco Dance to the Music se convirtió en un éxito internacional, de modo que llegamos a ser el grupo negro más popular de aquel tiempo. Pronto produjimos otros éxitos, como Hot Fun in the Summertime, Everyday People, Thank You for Letting Me Be Myself Again. Entonces llegó el Festival Musical de Woodstock, donde tocamos junto a otros músicos internacionalmente famosos. Después actuamos ante un auditorio de 300.000 personas en la isla de Wight (Gran Bretaña) y ante otro de 350.000 personas en un festival de música celebrado en la República Federal de Alemania.
      En 1971 recibí una amenaza de muerte. Me dijeron que me dispararían durante nuestra actuación en el Coliseo de Los Ángeles, cuando la música y el estruendo de la multitud llegasen a su punto más alto. Estaba aterrorizado. Sin embargo, el equipo electrónico empezó a funcionar mal, así que el patrocinador del concierto salió y canceló nuestra actuación. Sentí que Dios había intervenido de alguna manera para salvarme la vida. Aterrado, salí corriendo del Coliseo y volví a mi hotel, donde me apresuré a hacer mi equipaje y salir de la ciudad.
      No me podía quitar de la cabeza esta espantosa experiencia, ni siquiera cuando formé mi propio grupo musical, el Graham Central Station. En la funda del segundo elepé que grabé con este grupo aparecían impresas las palabras Produced by God (Producido por Dios). No era mi propósito ser blasfemo; aquellas palabras reflejaban lo que sentía: pensaba que había sido salvado por Dios.
      Un punto de viraje en mi vida
      En 1973 conocí a Tina, una chica que trabajaba de azafata para unas líneas aéreas internacionales. Mientras ella me trenzaba el cabello antes de mis actuaciones, solía hablarle de mi creencia en Dios. Fue por entonces cuando la madre de Tina empezó a estudiar la Biblia con los testigos de Jehová.
      Un día Tina encontró a su madre llorando. Lloraba porque ninguno de sus hijos iba a estar presente cuando se bautizara en la asamblea de distrito de los testigos de Jehová que iba a celebrarse en el Coliseo de Oakland. Tina le prometió que, si era tan importante para ella el que su familia estuviese presente, iría al bautismo el viernes.
      Lo que Tina vio y oyó aquel día de julio de 1974 la impresionó tanto, que después me telefoneó y trató de persuadirme para que asistiera a la sesión del sábado. Pero había estado grabando la noche anterior y estaba demasiado cansado. El domingo Tina volvió a telefonearme e insistió en que asistiera. Sentí curiosidad por ver lo que había impresionado tanto a Tina, de modo que fui.
      Un policía me dijo que como no tenía un tique de la asamblea para aparcar, no podía entrar en el aparcamiento, y añadió: “De todas formas, tampoco querrá escuchar esas tonterías”. En un principio me disuadió, y me marché. Pero después lo pensé mejor, di la vuelta y me dirigí de nuevo al Coliseo. Cuando entré, solo quedaban unos minutos de los comentarios de conclusión.
      Como durante la mayor parte de mi vida he actuado en público, sé tomar el pulso de un auditorio. Había estado muchas veces en el Coliseo de Oakland en otros acontecimientos, pero aquello era diferente a todo lo que había visto jamás: 60.000 personas de diferentes razas y antecedentes sociales se asociaban en paz unas con otras. Tan solo el ambiente que se “respiraba” entre la muchedumbre me convenció de que aquello era algo importante, tan singular, que podía decirse que había encontrado un tesoro excepcional.
      Cuando salía del Coliseo, se me acercó una adolescente, quien, debido a mi apariencia, no tuvo ninguna dificultad en darse cuenta de que no era Testigo, y me puso en la mano el libro ¿Es esta vida todo cuanto hay? ¡Aquello era precisamente lo que necesitaba! Al llegar al automóvil, lo abrí por la página 24 y vi una ilustración de unos cisnes, una tortuga, un árbol y unas personas. Allí el libro hacía notar que los cisnes viven más de ochenta años; algunas tortugas, ciento cincuenta años, y ciertos árboles, miles de años. Entonces, preguntaba: “¿Es razonable que la vida del hombre sea tan corta?”. El mensaje transmitido por esa ilustración me causó un impacto inmediato.
      Luego le hice muchas preguntas a Tina, pero ella sabía tan poco de la Biblia como yo. Así que decidimos visitar a la mujer que había estudiado con su madre. Cuando salimos de su casa, miré a Tina y le dije: “Esta mujer es una camelista. Nadie puede ser así de agradable. Fíjate y verás que la próxima semana será diferente”. Pero semana tras semana la mujer siguió exactamente igual, respondiendo calmadamente a todas nuestras preguntas con la Biblia.
      Tina y yo empezamos a estudiar la Biblia regularmente con la ayuda del libro La verdad que lleva a vida eterna. Pero poco después tuve que dar una gira con mi grupo. Me animaron a telefonear a las congregaciones locales de cada una de las muchas ciudades que iba a visitar a través de Estados Unidos y a pedir que alguien estudiase conmigo los siguientes capítulos del libro La verdad.
      Visité muchas congregaciones desde la costa occidental hasta la oriental y desde los estados del norte y el centro hasta Texas y los estados del sur. Los que me condujeron el estudio bíblico fueron personas de diversas razas y tenían diferentes antecedentes socioeconómicos. Pero en todas partes el mensaje era el mismo. Me impresionó mucho ver que no solo había encontrado un fenómeno local de la zona de Oakland Bay, sino una organización nacional cuyos miembros estaban verdaderamente unidos en armonía espiritual.
      Un cambio total de vida
      Durante la gira que hicimos por Europa una vez terminada la de Estados Unidos, continué estudiando con los Testigos. Al llegar a París, telefoneé a Tina y le pedí que se casara conmigo. Unas semanas después, en febrero de 1975, nos casamos en Nevada (E.U.A.). Solo cinco días después de la boda, empecé otra gira por Estados Unidos, pero esta vez Tina me acompañó.
      En Brooklyn (Nueva York) visitamos la sede internacional de los testigos de Jehová. Íbamos estrafalariamente vestidos, con unos conjuntos de chaqueta y pantalón negros que llevaban incrustados en las perneras y la espalda unos relucientes dragones rojos y plateados. Todavía nos sentimos abochornados cuando lo pensamos. Pero nos trataron con amabilidad, y nadie hizo ninguna observación sobre nuestra indumentaria.
      Tina y yo nos bautizamos en la asamblea de distrito celebrada en Oakland en julio de 1975, exactamente un año después de que entráramos en aquel mismo lugar para nuestra primera asamblea. Algo que contribuyó a que la ocasión resultase aún más gozosa fue que las dos hermanas de Tina —Denise y Shelia— y mi madre, quienes habían empezado a estudiar poco después que nosotros, también se bautizaron entonces. Unos años más tarde, a la avanzada edad de ochenta y dos años, se bautizó mi abuela.
      En las fundas de algunos de los elepés que presentó mi grupo, pueden apreciarse las cosas que estaba aprendiendo. En la del elepé que presentamos en 1976, titulado Mirror (Espejo), aparecían fotografías mías y de los otros miembros del conjunto. En un lado se nos veía con el pelo largo, gafas de sol y una indumentaria estrafalaria, mientras que en el otro se nos veía reflejados en un espejo con un aspecto limpio y bien arreglado, el pelo más corto y un estilo de ropa modesto.
      Una de las canciones se titulaba Forever. Estaba dedicada a mi esperanza de ver a mi padre en la resurrección, con una vida eterna por delante. Las palabras de otra canción reflejaban mis sentimientos como Testigo recién bautizado.
      Ayudamos a otros
      Hemos tenido muchas oportunidades de compartir nuestra fe con otros. Un organista y un batería respondieron al mensaje y dedicaron su vida a Jehová. El batería sirve de anciano y de precursor regular en la congregación de West Hollywood.
      Durante una gira que hicimos en 1975, salí a testificar acompañado de nuestro organista —era la primera vez que él participaba en esta obra— por un sector de Atlanta (Georgia, E.U.A.) donde toda la gente era blanca y acaudalada. Íbamos tranquilamente de casa en casa cuando de repente aparecieron unos coches de policía a toda velocidad; se detuvieron bruscamente, bajaron unos policías sin dilación y nos exigieron que explicáramos qué estábamos haciendo allí. Al mismo tiempo, apareció un helicóptero de la policía y permaneció casi encima de nosotros. Parece ser que la policía había recibido una denuncia de que había “personas sospechosas” en el vecindario, pero cuando les explicamos nuestra misión como testigos de Jehová, nos dejaron continuar. ¡Vaya comienzo que tuvo nuestro organista en la obra de testificar!
      En esta gira, que tuvo lugar después de nuestro bautismo, hicimos una presentación audiovisual con pantallas de 4,6 metros. Era la atracción principal del espectáculo. Necesitábamos dos grandes camiones semirremolques y dos autocares. El programa audiovisual describía los horrores de las condiciones del mundo y luego señalaba a la solución mediante el Reino de Dios. Entre las diapositivas, había algunas fotografías de la asamblea celebrada en el Coliseo de Oakland y de nuestro bautismo. Pusimos música a la presentación, y yo hacía unos comentarios entre las canciones.
      Durante una de mis giras, me encontraba participando en el servicio del campo en Hollywood (Florida). El que dirigía el grupo nos estaba indicando dónde predicar cuando, de repente, oí uno de mis discos en una vivienda cercana. Llamé a la casa, y cuando los tres jóvenes que estaban allí tomando drogas vieron de pie en su puerta al cantante de la canción que estaban escuchando, se quedaron sin habla. Con el tiempo supe que dos de aquellos jóvenes han llegado a ser Testigos.
      En 1979 nos trasladamos a Los Ángeles y nos afincamos en una gran casa con piscina y hermosos jardines con vistas a la ciudad. Junto a ella establecí mi propio estudio de grabación con un equipo de 24 pistas. El primer disco que grabé en él se titulaba One in a Million You, del que se vendieron más de un millón de ejemplares. Poco después tuve el privilegio de ser nombrado siervo ministerial, y en 1982, una semana antes de que naciese nuestra hija Latia, recibí el nombramiento de anciano.
      Un domingo estaba conduciendo el estudio de La Atalaya cuando entró en el Salón del Reino un joven hawaiano que se me quedó mirando sorprendido. Me había visto en Hawai en el año 1975, cuando yo tocaba música pop y llevaba el cabello largo; así que no es de extrañar que se quedase sorprendido al verme ahora modestamente vestido y conduciendo el estudio de La Atalaya. Aunque se había trasladado a Los Ángeles con la intención de triunfar en el mundo de la música, concordó en estudiar conmigo. Actualmente es precursor regular en nuestra congregación.
      Simplificamos nuestro estilo de vida
      Tina y yo podemos decir con verdad que desde que en 1982 comenzamos a servir en el ministerio de tiempo completo como precursores, hemos sido de lo más felices. Otro de los aspectos que hemos ido puliendo durante nuestro progreso espiritual ha sido el de simplificar nuestro estilo de vida. El 90% del tiempo que estábamos en casa lo pasábamos en tan solo dos de las habitaciones de nuestra gran casa, la cual requería los servicios de jardineros y sirvientes. No nos era posible utilizar todos los vehículos que teníamos: el Lincoln Town Car, el Thunderbird de 1955, el Cord, el Mercedes-Benz, la caravana de 7,6 metros de longitud, la furgoneta y las varias motocicletas. De modo que después de la asamblea de distrito de 1985, vendimos nuestra casa y la mayoría de los vehículos.
      Ahora vivimos en una modesta casa de la ciudad, y a Tina le resulta más fácil atenderla a la vez que participa en el servicio de precursor. Aunque todavía hago algún trabajo de músico, hoy mi verdadera felicidad proviene de ser precursor y de ver a nuestra hijita progresar en sentido espiritual. A pesar de su corta edad, ya se ha establecido unas metas fijas y constantemente habla del momento en que pueda simbolizar su dedicación a Jehová.
      Otra bendición que anhelo es la de ver de nuevo a mi madre en la resurrección y explicarle todo lo que ha sucedido desde que ella murió fiel como precursora regular en abril de 1987. Sí, en lugar de la emoción de actuar ante cientos de miles de fans, ahora derivo verdadera satisfacción de hacer todo lo posible por obedecer las palabras del salmista: “¡Alaben a Jah! Canten a Jehová una canción nueva, su alabanza en la congregación de los que son leales”. (Salmo 149:1.)—Según lo relató Larry Graham.

    • By The Librarian
      Prince Band Members Sheila E and Larry Graham Talk Prince at Paisley Park (4-23-16)
  • Forum Statistics

    Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    Total Members
    Most Online
    Marek Markus
    Newest Member
    Marek Markus

  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.