The World News Media

STATE OF THE 'WORLD' HOW NEAR IS THE END TIMES ?

JOHN BUTLER

5 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Three years ago the expression Fake News was absolutely unheard of. Today it is ubiquitous.

image.png

The above is from Al Gore's book "The Assault on Reason." I assume that it was him and not Donald Trump, as Trump actually claimed, who invented the term "fake news" (shortly after inventing the Internet). But he's right. Fake news was a theme of:

• Orwell's "1984."
  • Or Well's "War of the Worlds" from 1894. (H.G.Wells)
  • Or Orson Welles' broadcast of Well's "War" as actual fake news in 1938.

Fake news has been at the heart of most of our supposedly real news for centuries. It's recently become a way to try to differentiate unsanctioned fake news from official fake news.

Gays took decades to enter into the mainstream.

You missed all those pride parades in ancient Greece?

it is feared persons will lose interest in the real thing

That's a bit of fearmongering that tends to contradict the fearmongering over a rising population.

Suicide, upping several-fold in but a few years, by youngsters sending the strongest message

Another contradiction to Malthusian fearmongering.

Autism, which once claimed one in a thousand, now claims one in forty. 

Turn up the sensitivity on the meter and everyone will find their way onto the spectrum. It's probably more like: Autism, which was once diagnosed in 1 out of 1000. . . .  Now, one can easily go back and retroactively diagnose Fred Franz, Alan Turing, The Absent-Minded Professor, etc.

Anxiety has replaced depression as the #1 mental health malady. It cannot be because there is nothing to worry about.

Agreed.

The Church of Satan didn't command much ground until recently.

Actually, it had gained ground as "Jewish" and early "Christian" Gnosticism to the point where it was actualy threatening to compete with actual Judaism and Christianity for many years. In the common forms of Gnosticism, Satan was the good god, and Jehovah was the bad god. Now it's more of an attention grabber.

• Views 1k
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking at the 'news' on MSN. Yes I know I've been warned not to believe MSN etc....  But my point is that world conditions appear to be getting much worse more quickly. I'm wondering, is it

Interesting point. From about 1914 through 1948, there was so much bad stuff affecting so many people and very large population groups (India-Pakistan, etc) that it would have been difficult to argue

Quite a  relevant observation:  (1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3) . . ."For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. Whenever it is that they are saying,

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

charismatic leader = Governing Body

You think so, do you? That they are charismatic? You, know, they’re selling that cool bridge they once lived next to. Act now and they may give it to you cheap.

Other extreme action: die rather than accept a blood transfusion? Offset ten thousand times over via their stands on tobacco, alcohol abuse, illicit drugs, and even safety. Not to mention their stature as non-combatants. They are by far the safest religion out there. 

Extreme? Maybe. But everyone else is more so by any comparable lens.

13 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

image.png

The above is from Al Gore's book "The Assault on Reason." I assume that it was him and not Donald Trump, as Trump actually claimed, who invented the term "fake news" (shortly after inventing the Internet). But he's right. Fake news was a theme of:

• Orwell's "1984."
  • Or Orson Wells' broadcast of Well's "War" as actual fake news in 1938.

Fake news has been at the heart of most of our supposedly real news for centuries. It's recently become a way to try to differentiate unsanctioned fake news from official fake news.

You missed all those pride parades in ancient Greece?

That's a bit of fearmongering that tends to contradict the fearmongering over a rising population.

Another contradiction to Malthusian fearmongering.

Turn up the sensitivity on the meter and everyone will find their way onto the spectrum. It's probably more like: Autism, which was once diagnosed in 1 out of 1000. . . .  Now, one can easily go back and retroactively diagnose Fred Franz, Alan Turing, The Absent-Minded Professor, etc.

Agreed.

Actually, it had gained ground as "Jewish" and early "Christian" Gnosticism to the point where it was actualy threatening to compete with actual Judaism and Christianity for many years. In the common forms of Gnosticism, Satan was the good god, and Jehovah was the bad god. Now it's more of an attention grabber.

Usually Jehovah’s Witnesses can be depended upon to think that world conditions are bad.

5 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

You think so, do you? That they are charismatic? You, know, they’re selling that cool bridge they once lived next to. Act now and they may give it to you cheap.

Other extreme action: die rather than accept a blood transfusion? Offset ten thousand times over via their stands on tobacco, alcohol abuse, illicit drugs, and even safety. Not to mention their stature as non-combatants. They are by far the safest religion out there. 

Extreme? Maybe. But everyone else is more so by any comparable lens.

I was relating your article to how the 'world' would  see it.  Rusia for instance. 

I was always taught to see things from both sides. Of course that is not a teaching of the GB or JW Org. 

Your article leaves itself wide open to criticism. 

8 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Usually Jehovah’s Witnesses can be depended upon to think that world conditions are bad.

Yes Tom, world conditions are bad. I think we will agree on that point. 

And JW's will of course judge the world against God's standards. Doing that will show just how bad the world really is. 

I actually think it's frightening, the state of this 'world'.  But unfortunately (and you will probably not agree) being inside the JW Org is not necessarily a safe place to be right now. 

38 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

But unfortunately (and you will probably not agree) being inside the JW Org is not necessarily a safe place to be right now. 

Nor is it comfortable when someone is fixing to touch the pupil of your eye. One can only hope for Friends in High Places.

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Fake news was a theme of:

• Orwell's "1984."
  • Or Orson Welles' broadcast of Well's "War" as actual fake news in 1938.

Oh, and I almost forgot. We've heard the oft-repeated newspaper and radio reports that many thousands were fooled into thinking that this "fake news" was accepted as so real, that there was a mass panic, and perhaps even suicides. True?  Well that was probably fake news, too.

Note: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/10/30/241797346/75-years-ago-war-of-the-worlds-started-a-panic-or-did-it

8 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

Oh, and I almost forgot. We've heard the oft-repeated newspaper and radio reports that many thousands were fooled into thinking that this "fake news" was accepted as so real, that there was a mass panic, and perhaps even suicides. True?  Well that was probably fake news, too.

Note: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/10/30/241797346/75-years-ago-war-of-the-worlds-started-a-panic-or-did-it

They were “fooled,” were they? Don’t you know about Hanger 55 in Arizona? I’ll wave goodbye as they haul you off to their home planet where last year’s best-seller was that book that debuted on The Twilight Zone, ‘To Serve Man.’

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Nor is it comfortable when someone is fixing to touch the pupil of your eye. One can only hope for Friends in High Places.

I don't think that criticizing the GB or the JW Org is going anywhere near God's eyes, and I think God will remove the GB one way or another. ( And it seems I'm not the only one on here that thinks so ).

6 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

(And it also seems that just a few posts ago you described this forum as a “joke.” Suddenly it has become the voice of Moses descending from Mt. Sinai for you?)

Dear Tom, it takes a bit of thinking, but it is possible to know the difference between someone joking and someone being serious. 

I'm sure even you could tell the difference if you tried hard enough.

But you do seem a bit touchy about that subject of your 'gods' being removed. Tom there is only one Almighty God and only Jesus Christ. Almighty God should be given praise and thanks, and it should be offered through Jesus Christ. Beyond that, 'worshipping' anyone else is going beyond the things written and detestable to God. 

Quote " Don’t like something? Dismiss it as “fake news.” "  That is exactly what the GB have done regarding the Child Abuse accusations. 

•  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.