The World News Media

An interesting take on politics, conspiracies, and prophecies

Anna

9 minutes ago, Outta Here said:

Actually I had the whole of Revelation to choose from, but this was the only apparent ( def.2) resurrection I could find.

I see. But this one is even better for those who do "cloud-based" witnessing on the Internet:

• (Revelation 11:7-12) 7 When they have finished their witnessing, the wild beast that ascends out of the abyss will wage war with them and conquer them and kill them. 8 And their corpses will be on the main street of the great city . . . 11 After the three and a half days, spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood on their feet, and great fear fell upon those who saw them. 12 And they heard a loud voice from heaven say to them: “Come up here.” And they went up into heaven in the cloud, and their enemies saw them.

• Views 5k
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes of course, Satan is in control of the world, and that perfectly explains the "mess", but by discussing these things we are not making ourselves a part of it are we? Not only that, but notice that

@Arauna I was thinking about the frustrations you expressed earlier. I will create a club on here for JW's that feel as you do. I too sometimes feel frustration when conversations are constantly

Outside of the context of the Christian organization, anybody can say that they are anointed. I can say it. You can say it. Anyone can say it. They might be genuine. They might be deluded. They m

Posted Images

6 hours ago, The Librarian said:

conversations are constantly being turned back into pedophilia etc

"Let sexual immorality and every sort of uncleanness or greediness not even be mentioned among you, just as is proper for holy people" Eph.5:3.

Is it conceivably possible that those who do as @The Librarian has noted are possibly deriving some sort of vicarious pleasure in this? I mean, if they know of incidents of abuse, part publicise,  and yet do not report them (even anonymously ) through the proper channels, what could possibly be their motive?

1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Me, are you making me famous, no thanks. Your GB are on their pedestal, i don't want one. And 'criticisms' sound so negative. I would say true comments. :) 

The GB might be on a pedestal. That will happen naturally, just as it did for Apollos, Paul, Cephas, and some "superfine apostles" back in Corinth.

Kind of funny that today I sat in the audience with two members of the Governing Body and two Governing Body Helpers. They did not have special seats. Not one person in the Hall made any special attempt to talk to them. No one seemed nervous around them or tried to impress them. No one tried to take pictures. They talked in groups as normally as anyone else there both before and after the meeting. I know this doesn't PROVE anything, but if it had been different, I would have made a point of how wrong that seemed.

I was sitting one row directly in front of one, and I kept checking to see that the crease on the back of my slacks around my knees, calves and ankles still had some "slack," so I honestly seemed like the only person there who might have been a bit self-conscious around them. This same brother only commented once at the WT Study, and the other GB member, not at all. Although their wives made one comment each. (But who's counting?)

I do think that other JWs put these men on pedestals more than they themselves TRY to be put on a pedestal.

16 hours ago, Outta Here said:

Yes indeed. It's a bit like:

• Caleb and Sophia - English
  • Philipp und Sofia - Deutsch
  • Lucas og Sofie - Dansk
  • Kevin och Sofia - Svenska
  • Jakob og Sofie - Norsk
  • Priidu und Pauliina - Eesti
  • Ignas ir Kotryna - Lietuviu
  • Leevi ja Sofia - Suomi
  • Stefcho and Lily - Bulgarski
  • Marci és Zsófi - Magyar
  • Kuba s Luckou - čeština

Well in this instance it wasn't applied  xD

18 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

Kind of funny that today I sat in the audience with two members of the Governing Body and two Governing Body Helpers. They did not have special seats.

In the late 1970s, Brother Knorr spoke at the District Convention in Rochester. The bright lights showed up his suit jacket as horribly wrinkled. I knew then that he was just like anyone else. He must have taken off his jacket on account of the heat & in the cramped seating never intended for formal attire it slid between seat & seatback and got all scrunched up as he sat on it, the same as would happen to me.

On 12/8/2018 at 2:53 PM, JOHN BUTLER said:

The only ones that would have any real idea of how God's name is to be pronounced are the truly Anointed ones. And that cannot be the GB of JW Org. Why ? Because of the way they have proved themselves to be the Wicked slave. 

You keep mentioning the "truly" anointed ones. Did you know any personally?  I have known quite a few in my life time and I believe they were "truly" anointed, but I don't recall them ever having a problem with calling God; Jehovah. 

I am sure you have mentioned it, but I am still not sure what you consider wicked acts, in order to prove themselves a wicked slave. I know the pedophilia issue is one thing. But looking at my brothers and sisters (and I have belonged to quite a few congregations in different countries) I cannot say that those who apply Bible principles in their life are adversely affected. In fact many are extremely grateful they have found the congregation of JWs  because they have helped them discover Bible truths, and help them live by Bible principles. You can listen to their life stories to see they are genuinely happy they have found this brotherhood.  I am not denying there are a few bad individuals in congregations, and some loopy ones, but those always get rooted out eventually. It's nothing new, there have always been some who are wicked, even in Bible times, but there is nothing hidden from Jehovah that won't be revealed. So we have nothing to be worried about.

9 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

In the late 1970s, Brother Knorr spoke at the District Convention in Rochester. The bright lights showed up his suit jacket as horribly wrinkled. I knew then that he was just like anyone else. He must have taken off his jacket on account of the heat & in the cramped seating never intended for formal attire it slid between seat & seatback and got all scrunched up as he sat on it, the same as would happen to me.

Hmmmmm .... If I had observed you in a terribly wrinkled suit, I would have figured it was well tailored, but you just spent too much time in the pool.

7 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

And i have some info on a case of child abuse within my ex congregation of Honiton Devon, which some on here have told me i should go to the police with. 

I still don't get why you haven't been yet..... Who knows, perhaps you might find out this person has already been reported, and the police are taking care of it, or not doing anything. If I were you, with your concerns over child molesters getting away with it, or being protected, or children still being in danger,  I would want to know!

1 minute ago, Anna said:
7 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

And i have some info on a case of child abuse within my ex congregation of Honiton Devon, . . .

I still don't get why you haven't been yet.....

Thinking the same. In fact, one of the first things I thought about was the possibility that the person who told John Butler realized that John might be in a better position to report it than the person who told him, and HOPED that John would report it.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.