The World News Media

GOG = GOOGLE = אֶל־גֹּוג

JW Insider

Of course, I don't really believe this in the slightest. But I thought I would put it out here just to raise some interest in the actual meaning of Gog and Magog.

I looked on Google and could not find any places where anyone had made the connection yet between GOOGLE and GOG. This surprised me, because in Hebrew the verse at Ezekiel 38:2 actually says the following in the Masoretic text:

See it here: https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/eze/38/2/t_conc_840002

בֶּן־אָדָם שִׂים פָּנֶיךָ אֶל־גֹּוג אֶרֶץ הַמָּגֹוג נְשִׂיא רֹאשׁ מֶשֶׁךְ וְתֻבָל וְהִנָּבֵא עָלָֽיו׃

אֶל־גֹּוג means when transliterated EL-GOG.

But the O between the two G's is actually a 'vav' which when used as a vowel (as it is here) is not just used for O, but also for U, pronounced OO. Therefore:

אֶל־גֹּוג can also be transliterated as EL-GOOG.

Transliterated left to right as it appears on paper, this is אֶל־גֹּוג or GOOG-LE.

Quite a coincidence for a word that has a curious prophetic meaning in Scripture, and a word that is so ubiquitous on the Internet that it transcends translation. It is a trademark, a mark of that wild, beastly thing we call the Internet.

Of course, that particular "wild beast" connection has already been done:

image.png

• Views 832
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course, I don't really believe this in the slightest. But I thought I would put it out here just to raise some interest in the actual meaning of Gog and Magog. I looked on Google and could not

Ha! That explains everything! No wonder I had problems with Google translating some words (as I posted in a topic on the "JW's Only" club) it didn't want me to find the truth!!!!!

And ironically... their motto is "Don't be Evil"?!?!?!    This is just too good to be true.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

Translierated left to right as it appears on the paper, this is אֶל־גֹּוג or GOOG-LE.

Quite a coincidence for a word that has a curious prophetic meaning in Scripture, and a word that is so ubiquitous on the Internet that it transcends translation. It is a trademark, a mark of that wild, beastly thing we call the Internet.

Ha! That explains everything! No wonder I had problems with Google translating some words (as I posted in a topic on the "JW's Only" club) it didn't want me to find the truth!!!!!

Interesting theory, but somehow I don’t think Google will accomplish conquering the saints. 😐

"The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.  

It was given power to wage war against God’s saints and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.

Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 

The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 

This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666."

Rev 13:1,7,11,15,18

@JW Insider For some years not too many people trust Google. And those that use it tend to be very limited on what Google ask of them compared to others who allow Google to see their videos, pictures, financial info, card info, and a list of other things.

Google now has AI technology that records data like Alexa. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.