The World News Media

Sing Along With Trump

TrueTomHarley

Okay, I shouldn’t get into this. I really shouldn’t. I really really shouldn’t. But..

I’m sorry, but I like it. If only this fellow was not so bashful...

Probably I over-analyzed this, but...

1) Hootersville is to NYC as Washington is to Manhattan. (It works if you are ridiculing ‘the swamp’)

2) Melania, like Lisa, did not want to leave her home.

3) As much as politicians like to carry on about the dignity they think they are owed, the people governed rarely think that the job done is so laudable that they should not take their dose of ridicule instead. And there are few things I relish more than puncturing the assumed dignity of pompous ones.

Whether this is a good idea or not, I’ve not the foggiest clue. But the sense of unabashed humor displayed absolutely cracks me up. It is the kind of thing that I might do if I was but bright enough to think of it.

Incidentally, it took a very long time for me to realize that the occasion was his signing a farm bill, because no comments I read on Twitter made any mention of that. They all advanced, in the strongest possible terms, their authors contempt for what an embarrassment he was. None of them recognized the context. They all took it for pure unexpected idiocy coming straight out of left field, with no connection to anything.

And I’m sure it doesn’t hurt to add that I absolutely loved the Green Acres show— probably THAT is what prompts my writing—for the coordinated lunacy on display, all directed at Oliver, as though it was he that was crazy & not the other way around. I mean, whenever some absolutely loopy thing happened, only he was flummoxed. To everyone else it was the most natural thing in the world. 

• Views 240
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, I shouldn’t get into this. I really shouldn’t. I really really shouldn’t. But..   https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-posts-video-of-himself-singing-green-acres-theme-song-a

via .ORGWorld News