Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

JOHN BUTLER -
Shiwiii -

Top Posters

I am having a thought about getting together with whomever, here in the UK,  and having some leaflets printed

The leaflets would be to warn people about the Child Abuse within the Jehovah's Witnesses Organisation.

Distribution would be by hand in the form of witnessing work.  

The idea would be to bring praise to God whilst warning people, especially people with young children, against association with the JW Org at this time.

Warning would also be to JW's that they can expect problems when on the ministry. Problems arising from people having the true knowledge about the Child Abuse.  

Of course the leaflets would have to be factual, truthful, and not insulting. 

Does anyone know how legal this would be to do this in the UK ? 

• Similar Content

• By 4Jah2me
      One quote I found.  " If the meaning of baptism could be boiled down to one word, that word would be identification. Baptism speaks primarily of a personal, public identification with Jesus Christ. "
      Matthew 28 v 19 NWT
      "Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations,o baptizing themp in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, "
      J W baptism.
      Baptisms are usually held at assemblies and conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses. At the conclusion of the baptism talk, the speaker will ask the baptism candidates to stand and answer the following two questions in a loud voice:
      1. Have you repented of your sins, dedicated yourself to Jehovah, and accepted his way of salvation through Jesus Christ?
      2. Do you understand that your baptism identifies you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with Jehovah’s organization?
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      So where are the words in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, " ?
      And where in the Bible does it say that a person gets baptised into an 'Organisation' ?
      Should the JW Org use the words that Jesus instructed to be used ? 
      Now a puzzling question. What actually is a JW Org baptism ? Sound like a stupid question ? Um. 
      If a baptised JW leaves the Org or is disfellowshipped, they are then shunned. So are they still a Christian ? 
      Does their baptism still count for anything ? 
      In the first century it would have been anointed ones that did the baptising. A baptised one, would become a Christian serving God through Christ. There was no IBSA, and no JW Org. (Although some on here try to pretend that the 1st Century Christians were JWs)
      So who now has the right to baptise ?  Should it be Anointed one's that baptise ? Therefore should it be made clear who are the Anointed ones ?
      I suppose it would be difficult to know who they are, and to have so few Anointed baptise so many earth wide. 
      But, by what authority do the Elders baptise ? And is it a true baptism as it is 'into the Org' not as Jesus first directed ?
      Does anyone else have the right to baptise and would it be recognised as such by God and Christ ?
      Add to this that if a person is reinstated into JW Org and then, wow, everyone can talk to them again, their original baptism into JW Org is ok, and they don't need to do it again. 
      How does any of that match up with God's written word ?  

• By 4Jah2me
      https://www.internationalbiblestudents.com/
      https://www.friendsofjehovahswitnesses.com/2013/04/10/the-original-international-bible-students-association-still-alive-and-well/
      https://ibsaproperty.com/
      After the death of Brother Russell in 1916, J.F. Rutherford took control of the WBTS, contrary to the instructions in Brother Russell’s Will and the Watchtower Bylaws.  By 1931 J.F. Rutherford had fundamentally transformed the WBTS into an authoritative theocratic organization.  J.F. Rutherford renamed the group from Bible Students to “Jehovah’s Witnesses,” in order to distinguish itself from the various groups formed by the 75% of original Bible Students no longer associated with the WBTS.  Hundreds of these Bible Student congregations worldwide have continued to the present, thus constituting a continuation of the original IBSA.
      The International Bible Students have always been actively engaged in witnessing the Truth to the world and our beliefs remain unchanged since the days of Brother Russell.  We continue to treasure the Studies in the Scriptures, early Watchtowers and other writings of Brother Russell.   We believe that the light continues to shine brighter (clearer), but that it never changes.  If we agree that the Truth has changed, then it never was the Truth in the first place.

Peter K. (admin) October 11, 2018 at 6:41 am · Reply George,
      The last thing the Governing Body and JW Organization would want to do is bring Bible Students to court over publishing rights. This would draw attention to the existence of the original Bible Students (who supposedly died out according to JW Org). Also, an investigation of the history would reveal a hostile and illegal takeover of the Watchtower by Rutherford and his supporters, which would be a public relations nightmare. The original Watchtower Directors eventually decided not to take legal action as some brethren pointed them to these Bible verses.
      So questions.
      Who are the ( ORIGINAL ) INTERNATIONAL BIBLE STUDENTS ASSOCIATION ?  Because they seem to be in opposition to JW Org. 
      BUT, IBSA London Properties says this :-
      About Us
        IBSA London Properties is part of IBSA (International Bible Students Association) a registered charity acting on behalf of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Britain and Ireland. For more information about Jehovah’s Witnesses please follow this link.
      On the one hand we have an IBSA that say " This would draw attention to the existence of the original Bible Students (who supposedly died out according to JW Org)."
      But then we have the IBSA London Properties that say that they are " a registered charity acting on behalf of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Britain and Ireland.
      @TrueTomHarley ridicules me about my idea concerning the True Anointed. So I'm just wondering if an International Bible Students Association could  provide the answer. After all wasn't it them that first had the 'new light' ? 

• By 4Jah2me
      So lets try to be a bit positive.  A question.  How is the GB and the JW Org moving forward SPIRITUALLY ?
      What progress has it made in the last fifty years ?   I'm not talking about physical things, not buildings, not books, not meeting times........ 
      I'm talking about purely spiritual matters.  Spiritual guidance, true spiritual love from the top of the Org down, mercy, understanding of people, serving the congregants as a way of serving God Himself (as Jesus did), showing patience without having weakness, making true adjustments according to true scripture not according to man's guesses. 
      You may of course comment as to what you feel would make for good spiritual progress within the JW Org too. 
    • By The Librarian
      125-135-Warning_64kb.mp3
      "Warning," by Judge Rutherford. Audio lecture by J.F. "Judge" Rutherford, given in 1938. Rutherford was president of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (Jehovah's Witnesses).
    • By JOHN BUTLER
      The JW Org / GB say that Armageddon is very close. They also say that Jehovah is speeding up the work in these 'last days'.
      Now, it seems I'm not one for knowing truth from lies, so people keep telling me, but this webpage/site seemed interesting to me.
       It seems to show more of a decrease in JW's, but more importantly it seems to show more of a lack of faith, or lack of action / 'works' of JW's. It also shows a large number of people leaving the JW Org. 
      If this video or page has been used before then I apologise for any repeat. But I thought it was of interest. 
      https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/statistics.php
    • By Bible Speaks
      Have You Visted JW.Org Yet? It’s Out of This World! 
      Tap on Video Link mp4 _____
      ?????????

08025BFC-F298-41C0-950B-C5D620E53FA9.MP4
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      SOUTHBRIDGE - People may see Randy Turk, 40, and his wife, Lisa, 43, dressed in their Sunday best any day of the week knocking on doors in their hometown of Southbridge or other communities. The couple, married nearly 20 years, isn’t selling anything during the 70 hours a month they walk the pavement and try to meet with residents. Mr. Turk says they are trying to “draw people closer to God.”
      Mr. Turk has been a Jehovah’s Witness for 27 years, one of more than 8 million followers of the religion worldwide.
      To support their volunteer ministry work, the couple work as sales representatives for Nature’s Best Oils. Mr. Turk also does consulting work for an auto parts manufacturing company in Michigan.
      How is your religion different from other Christian religions?
      “As Christians, we closely follow the teachings and actions of Jesus Christ. We believe that he is the key to salvation. We also believe in using God’s personal name, Jehovah. We appreciate that God’s kingdom is a real government that will bring about positive changes to the earth. We are focused on upholding the teachings of the Bible rather than religious traditions.”
      Why do you go door to door?
      “I love talking with my neighbors. Today, people are stressed. Some have even lost hope. Our desire is to share a positive message with people from the Bible. We strive to follow the example Jesus set in his ministry. His preaching work was motivated out of love. Our motive is the same.
      “Our preaching efforts are not just in Worcester County. Jehovah’s Witnesses speak to people about the Bible in over 240 lands throughout the world. Our Bible-based literature is translated in hundreds of different languages. All around the globe, Jehovah’s Witnesses work very hard to share the Bible’s hope for a grand future.”
      What response do you get from people?
      “Most people are very friendly. Some prefer that we are brief and get to the point. Since we appreciate their time, we try to share an encouraging thought in just a few minutes.
      “In Worcester County, there are many people who respond to our message in a different language. If I cannot communicate with them, I direct them to our website, jw.org. It is available in over 900 languages.
      “Many people are interested in what the Bible has to say. Most readers of our Bible-based literature are not even Jehovah’s Witnesses. Around the world, there are millions of people who study the Bible with us. Since people are busy, some may have only 15 minutes a week to study the Bible. We are more than happy to visit at a time and place convenient for them.”
      How would you like people to respond to you if they are not interested?
      “We realize that most people have their own beliefs and that not everyone is interested in our message. If they are not interested, they can kindly inform us. However, I always appreciate being given a few minutes to share something positive from the Bible.”
      How are Kingdom Halls different from other churches?
      “Kingdom Halls are a great place to worship God. It is a place where Bible study programs and lectures are held each week. All meetings begin and end with song and prayer. On Sundays, there is a 30-minute Bible discourse designed for the general public. After that, there is a question-and-answer discussion. Participation is always voluntary. No collections are ever taken. You can go to any Kingdom Hall and receive the same program of Bible instruction. I enjoy up-building association and the opportunity to praise God at the local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”
      Can anyone attend a service?
      “Everyone is invited to attend. Every meeting is open to the public. Families are invited to attend and learn together. People are not obligated to join or become a member. I encourage everyone to experience the happiness and love found at the Kingdom Hall.”
      http://www.telegram.com/news/20171028/sunday-sitdown-randy-turk-jehovahs-witnesses-volunteer-minister
    • By Outta Here
      http://www.sueddeutsche.de/leben/zeugen-jehovas-schon-wenn-ihr-mich-mustert-ist-das-ein-erfolg-1.3689191
    • Guest Nicole
    • By Bible Speaks
      "Pray constantly. Give thanks for everything. This is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.—1 Thess. 5:17,18.
      #JehovahGod #JesusChrist #LoyalLove #LoveOneAnother? #LiveForever #memorial2017 #GodsKingdom

"Oren incesantemente. Con relación a todo, den gracias. Porque esta es la voluntad de Dios en unión con Cristo Jesús en cuanto a ustedes." (1 Tes. 5:17, 18).
      #JehovahGod #JesusChrist #LoveOneAnother? #LiveForever #memorial2017 #GodsKingdom #LoyalLove #Prayforoneanother?

• By Fmadriaga
      Brothers and sisters, this is just a warm up for all of us.  Do not always believe in what you hear. (Read the article:http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013923)

Follow the proper channel and remember the moral lesson of 1Ki 13:11-24.  If there's anything that the GB needs us to know, there will be a letter to the elders.

By doing so, we don't spread any rumours because if we do, we are actually going against the spirit.

Note:  we always see many asking if there were any letters or bethel 'morning worship' announcements, stating not to mention in social media.
    • By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      The thought occurred to me that some might be interested in EXPERIMENTING with a new line of Witnessing, not to replace anything that we might be doing now, but to "widen out" to niche' audiences.  There is a communications network that exists available to you ... text only, back from the 1990s when the Internet was first formed, and it is still going strong today ,,,, although it is supplanted or even overtaken by the likes of Facebook or Twitter, or whatever else has evolved.
      Conversations I have had in 1997 STILL show up on the Internet, and over the years have seen the Truth handled aright change MANY opinions about TRUE Christianity ..... but it requires flexibility, and humor to try and plant some seeds of Truth on the baked hard-scrabble clay that Christendom has cooked up over the centuries ....  It's called the "Internet Relay Chat" network, or IRC., and when sick, I could spend 60 to 70 hours a month in HIGHLY EFFECTIVE Witnessing ... everybody is home, audiences of perhaps 50 people at a time, and no wasted time, or even gas money.
      Without further adieu, I will post a little sample I did when I had about ten minutes to spare ... if there is any Interest, I will give you more details .....
      Please realize there can be six to 20 people "talking" at the same time, so following is an acquired skill ....
      My Screen Name is "Greylenseman"
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      -
      * Now talking in #christiandebate
      * Topic is 'Deu31:6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be in dread of them: for it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you."'
      * Set by VirtualPreacher!~noyb@172.56.30.255 on Thu Feb 02 19:58:51 2017
      #christiandebate url is www.acrity.org
      * BibleBot sets mode: +v Greylenseman
      <+Greylenseman> yawn
      <+dani_> ello Greylenseman
      <+Greylenseman> iya dani
      <+Greylenseman> why up so early?
      <+mugzZzZz> Heads are rollinghttp://www.cnn.com/2017/02/17/politics/tillerson-state-department-shakeup/ at the State Department - The news sent shock waves through the agency and has left career officials on edge -
      * mugzZzZz is now known as mugz
      <+mugz> more draining of the swamp
      <+mugz> er
      <+mugz> Heads are rolling at the State Department http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/17/politics/tillerson-state-department-shakeup/
      * +mugz sips more coffee
      <+Greylenseman> drill baby, drill!
      <+mugz> "careful with that ax Eugine"
      <+Greylenseman> I have NEVER had a desire to go to Heaven.
      <+dani_> do you have a mental connection with God ?
      <+dani_> does god read your mind Greylenseman ?
      <+dani_> Moshe`, does God read your mind?
      <+thehorror> I'd hate to go to heaven and not see my friends and family
      <+Greylenseman> I hope so ... but God's ORIGINAL plan was a physical Universe filled with the children of DNA ... that has NOT changed.
      <@Ross> those who dont goto heaven dont go by their choice
      <@Ross> oroville dam residents havce to evacuate again
      <+Greylenseman> SURPRISE!
      <+Greylenseman> thehorror: or meet some reelatives that were miscarriages, and abortions ...
      <+Greylenseman> eeeeew
      <+Greylenseman> who, IF they grew up, would never meet puppies.
      <+Greylenseman> OH YEAH, little white cloud shapes ....
      <+Greylenseman> ...like foggy tribbles ...
      * welloktheniguess (~wellokthe@220-253-144-178.dyn.iinet.net.au) has joined #christiandebate
      * BibleBot sets mode: +v welloktheniguess
      * +K83K (~MADE-IN83@vlan-132-19-116.comnet.bg) Quit (Read error: Operation timed out)
      <+Greylenseman> nothing like living in an evironment with aborted fetuses that never grow up, playing with foggy tribbles.
      <+Greylenseman> ... and then there is the omnipresent HARP music.....
      <+Greylenseman> could be worse .... could be accordians!
      <+Greylenseman> .
      <+dani_> that's crazy Greylenseman
      <+Greylenseman> yeas it IS ... that is the whole point.
      <+dani_> but the alternative isnt much less crazy
      * +welloktheniguess (~wellokthe@220-253-144-178.dyn.iinet.net.au) Quit (Quit: welloktheniguess)
      * K83K (~MADE-IN83@vlan-132-19-116.comnet.bg) has joined #ChristianDebate
      * BibleBot sets mode: +v K83K
      <+Greylenseman> there are inly two alternatives..... just plain ordinary death ... whic we all know is the case ...irregardless of our claimed theology, or being SO HOLY that God KNOWS he can give you immortality without ever later having to kill you for treason.  Hell is a fantasy designed to separate you from your wallet.
      <+Greylenseman> In all human history, Revelation says only 144,000 are invited to live as immortals in Heaven .. men and women fully tested , and rightous beyond MY ability to understand.
      <+Greylenseman> I would be looking for "loopholes".
      <+Greylenseman> well, gotta go ... gotta get a nap.
      * Disconnected

I just reviewed the last post, not technically accurate, as I forgot to mention the Paradise Earth as an option, but I did allude to it in the beginning ... I was tired.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Philippines

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Marek Markus
    Newest Member
    Marek Markus

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.