JOHN BUTLER

RECLAIMED VOICES new letter to JW brothers and sisters.

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

JOHN BUTLER -
Kosonen -

Top Posters

@Arauna A closer intelligent look at prophecies in the bible shows that the final much needed cleansing period of about 3 and half years has not begun, but will begin very soon.  But the bible also speaks about 2300 days. I am sure that period did not occure during the Second world war as the WT explains. 

And Daniel speaks about the WT headquarters as "the sanctuary, the fortress and the daily feature" that will be profaned. 

Why? That must be allowed to happen because the sins of the WT organiztion. 

Daniel 11:29-31

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

And broadcasting will just give people like you more ammunition to dissect and accuse.

For people like me it is of any matter/importance would JW broadcasting tell the truth about this subject. But it would be of great significance to/for JW members. 

4 hours ago, Arauna said:

Judging means slandering the neighbor,

Talking about child molestation in JWorg is not Judging and not Slandering.

Because .... it is something that was happened in your organization.

:)) 

4 hours ago, Arauna said:

Accusations, accusations of being institutionalized problem.... make up your mind. In previous response you said you are not accusing all of us of being child molesters and condoning this.... 

Problems with lexis Arauna?

adjective
  1. of, relating to, or established by 
      Hello guest!
  2. of or relating to organized establishments, foundations, societies, or the like, or to the buildings devoted to their work.
  3. of the nature of an 
      Hello guest!

2 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

ctim of child abuse myself, I have empathy for other

One does not have to have the experience to be able to put yourself in another persons situation.  The fact you have experience can make you too judgmental and emotional and crowd out common sense.  It is not always an asset to have experience of evil  things.  

To insinuate that we do not have empathy reminds me of these transgender people who are always playing the victim card. .....  they officially, according to the new philosophy, cannot discriminate against anyone because they have suffered and been discriminated against - which is most probably the biggest lie ever told to promote transgender politics.  People who have been discriminated against often become the biggest discriminators of others in  other areas....  but they are  blind to their own mistakes.

roves you do not believe any of the victims

This is not true but I am a realist - I do not expect people to simply believe allegations even if it may be true (allegations are allegations until one has proof) - one needs facts and proof to put someone out of the congregation or in jail. 

You obviously do not understand that this is a world-wide problem and it is a symptom of Satan ruling this world.  It is to a much lesser degree amongst Jehovah's people because we do make an effort to keep the congregation clean.  In other religions one can fornicate and do all kinds of things and get away with it.....  I think you are so filled with bias that you cannot weigh any of the facts in a sensible way.  Other denominations do not have records because they have never made an effort to keep any.... so they do not get negative publicity because they actually have tried to do the right thing.

I watched a documentary recently where a prestigious Jewish school teacher was abusing children and her husband was a rabbi.   The school board  warned her and she fled to israel where she is receiving protection from extradition.  (rabbis and their families are treated like gods).  I will not even go into Islam or some of the charismatic churches....  if you are blind to these abuses which are ingrained and allowed in the religions ....and only focus on JWs who at least make an effort to keep the congregation clean - then you will remain the same and not see any good and any religions.  You can just as well be an atheist - and even they do this. Because I can guarantee you it is in the whole world in every place where there are children.

but I'm saying God has to clean it out thoroughly now. 

You do not trust Jehovah to do it at the right time?  If you believe he exists and if you know that he is using this organization to do the preaching work - then surely you can believe that he will cleanse it when it needs to have a new cleanse..... he has cleansed it in the past.

I agree with you that Jehovah will start with his congregation first - the people who carry his name.  No one can play with the living God - Annanias and Saphira are a good example of that.....  .

Nevertheless Jehovah used Israel for his purpose....

Yeah.... He made Israel,  used Israel and destroyed Israel several times. Very encouraging, for sure! 

31 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

. I am sure that period did not occure during the Second world war as the WT explains. 

I write from memory but as far as I remember this refers to the period after Jesus started ruling in heaven during the first world war. Mal 3 refers to the cleansing which took place in this time.

The king of the fortresses after this in Daniel 11  then then stands up (Russia) and the king of the south pushes against him (cold war era).  The last part of verse 40 and 41 - 44 will soon go into fulfillment.   ( I also think that Russia and China have the same imperialistic goals at present).   The west has almost been conquered by the cultural communistic agenda and the One World Government of the UN is starting to rule covertly as we speak. (Look at other headings on this forum such as Migrant compact 2018).They want the full Agenda 2030 to be in place by the year 2030.

The Northern Seleucid king Antiochus IV put Zeus in the temple at Jerusalem and profaned it - this will happen again because they will force all religions to accept the UN god - the old god of the fortresses (UN religion will be forced on us) which will run this system of things.  The morality the UN will prescribe like a bible -  will be the new morality we are starting to see appearing out in the open in gender politics with transgenderism totally accepted and being indoctrinated in universities and schools.   They will expect all religions to accept this as well or face the consequences....it may be at this time that priests, rabbis and imams pretend not to be religious leaders etc.....religion will be unfashionable.     UN will call peace and security and then all hell will break lose.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

used Israel

Israel fulfilled their purpose and Jehovah stayed loyal to them until this was fulfilled.  Jesus only preached to the Jews - so they would have been the kings and priest promised in Exodus 19..... but Jehovah then turned to the nations to produce the Israel of God.

18 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Other denominations do not have records because they have never made an effort to keep any.... so they do not get negative publicity because they actually have tried to do the right thing.

Please provide hard and indisputable evidences and proves for your statement above. If you can not, you are in fact slandering this Other denominations.  

Just now, Srecko Sostar said:

evidences and proves for your statement above.

Silly  - how can one provide proof of something that does not exist?   In the Australian enquiry there were no other organizations who said they had records.......... or can you provide proof to the contrary?

5 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

because they have never made an effort to keep any.

proof for this Arauna :)))))

• Haha 1

How demonstrative to think a heretic writes an op-ed and people believe it comes from the Watchtower. The letter itself continues to make the same claim heard over and over again on the internet.

That means the same senseless propaganda continues to circulate to entice the masses, instead of looking at the worldwide problem as it should be, with diligence, not cynicism.

Watchtower faders must be loving this. The most important thing would be, how the government operates, and how their own laws make it a conflicting proposition for those that want genuine justice.

There lies the difference between keeping records and not keeping records. The reality is not one size fits all, but each case is unique and should be handled with caution not with guilty until proven either way guilty or innocent.

A good case of destroying evidence is with a US case in Texas where a priest “murdered” a woman, and the church along with the STATE OF TEXAS concealed the matter. It wasn’t until a reporter found some documents that brought this 57-year-old case back to life. A murder case, with child sexual abuse outcome.

Hello guest!

Hello guest!

Hello guest!

“Assistant District Attorney Mike Garza -- no relation to the victim Irene Garza -- said during trial that a deal was struck following the murder between local law enforcement at the time and officials with the Catholic Church to protect John Feit from prosecution and allow the Church hierarchy to discipline the priest under its own terms.”

Therefore, the only slander I see here is with exJW’s, faders and noneJW’s

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Yeah.... He made Israel,  used Israel and destroyed Israel several times. Very encouraging, for sure! 

Sadly today's Jews in general in Israel have not learnt the lesson. The book of Zechariah in the Bible has some prophecies that have still to occure in Israel. 

Zechariah 13:8  “And in all the land,” declares Jehovah,“Two parts in it will be cut off and perish;*And the third part will be left remaining in it. 9  And I will bring the third part through the fire;And I will refine them as silver is refined,And test them as gold is tested.+They will call on my name,And I will answer them.I will say, ‘They are my people,’+And they will say, ‘Jehovah is our God.’”

2 hours ago, Arauna said:

I write from memory but as far as I remember this refers to the period after Jesus started ruling in heaven during the first world war. Mal 3 refers to the cleansing which took place in this time..

I know that the WT org teaches that. But that is not true. Jesus did not begin to rule 1914 and Satan was not thrown down that year. Russell had his predictions about 1914. The end of Satan's system. But he was wrong. Then later Rutherford had to invent something because he still loved Russell's chronology so the following happened: 

-At the 1922 Cedar Point convention Rutherford began teaching that Christ's reign had begun in 1914,[121] and not 1878 as Russell had taught.[122] Rutherford expanded on this view in the March 1, 1925 issue of The Watch Tower in the article "Birth of The Nation", which he later acknowledged "caused a real stir or shake-up within the ranks."[88] In 1927 he moved the date of the resurrection of the "sleeping saints" (all Christians who had died since Jesus' time) from 1878 to 1918[123][124] and as early as 1930 began to dismiss the year 1874 as the date for the invisible presence of Christ in favor of the year 1914.[125][126]   - Wikipedia

Hello guest!

There are several reasons why 1914 can not be a real year of significance in the scriptural perspective.

1. That generation has already disapeared. Overlaping generation doctrine is just nonsense.

2. Satan was to have only a short time left and would be raging until the end. That does not fit 1914 because a long time has already elapsed. 

And instead of life going worse, life has got better almost everywhere on earth since 1914. Antibiotics have saved so many lives since then. And life has got much more cofortable since then and for very many people. And Jehovah's witnesses have enjoyed really good times in the Western world. And have got law protection to be able to freely preach and built kingdom halls. 

So it can not be that Satan was cast down to earth around 1914. The short period Satan gets after he is thrown down to earth is about 3 and half years. That is what all the scriptures about 1260, 1290 and 1335 days are about. Or 42 months and time, times and half a time are about.

Take a look what Daniel wrote about those periods and you will see that that period belong to the ultimate end and not to 1914. Only somebody who is dishonest or very unintelligent would rather put that period back to 1914 rather than to the ultimate end of this system of things after a thorough study.

I don't think they are so stupid at the writing commite or at the GB. Instead they are dishonest and refuse to admit their awful error. Plus all the brothers and sister they have disfellowshiped who has tried to expose 1914-doctrine as an error.

3. So the Great War that now is called the First World War was in fact just an other war. And surely Satan wanted that the so called First World War would be falsely tied to prophecies in the Bible. Who knows if thanks to Russell's chronology Satan organized this war so that the WT organization would be fooled all the way until now more than 100 years.

Satan surely saw that within the WT organization there are truly anointed by God persons, so it would be perfect for him to fool them all with this 1914 deception. And especially delightful it would be for Satan to look at Jehovah's witnesses who claim they are in the truth when they are in the deception. Just delightful for Satan so he can day and night accuse Jehovah's witnesses before Jehovah.

The king of the fortresses after this in Daniel 11  then then stands up (Russia) and the king of the south pushes against him (cold war era).  The last part of verse 40 and 41 - 44 will soon go into fulfillment.   

That about Russia can not be true neither with arguments presented in the WT literature. Because in Daniel 11 there is a chronological order of events. The WT rightly puts Daniel 11:31 in to the future. So the following scriptures should also be in the future. Look at this statement for example: 

Hello guest!

"16 Since the start of the great tribulation is yet future, is the “standing in a holy place” still ahead of us? Evidently so. While “the disgusting thing” made its appearance early in this century and has, thus, existed for decades, it will take a position in a unique way “in a holy place” in the near future."

We see that the WT teaches that "the disgusting thing" will be standing in a holy place in the future. But in the same time they want to say that the "disgusting thing" has already been standing on the holy place. Can they not decide how they want to have it? Apparently not, because they feel they have to in some way tie all prophecies as close down to 1914 as possible. 

And the same time they understand that "the disgusting thing standing on the holy place" should follow the pattern of the events in the first century, as stated here:

Hello guest!

"Additional prophecies of a disgusting thing. It should be noted, however, that Daniel 11:31-35 and 12:9, 11 connect a ‘disgusting thing causing desolation’ with “the time of the end.” It is reasonable that the development of this latter expression of ‘the disgusting thing causing desolation’ in the time of the end should follow the general pattern of that in the first century C.E., though not being restricted to the land of Israel."

And then WT literature explains :

18 Immediately after coming to power, Hitler launched a vicious attack against “the holy covenant,” represented by the anointed brothers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 25:40) In this he acted “effectively” against these loyal Christians, cruelly persecuting many of them. Hitler enjoyed economic and diplomatic successes, acting “effectively” in those fields also. In a few years, he made Germany a power to be reckoned with on the world scene.

"20 Hitler soon went to war, as the angel had correctly foretold: “There will be arms that will stand up, proceeding from him; and they will actually profane the sanctuary, the fortress, and remove the constant feature.” (Daniel 11:31a) The “arms” were the military forces that the king of the north used in order to fight the king of the south in World War II. On September 1, 1939, Nazi “arms” invaded Poland. Two days later, Britain and France declared war on Germany in order to help Poland. Thus began World War II. Poland collapsed quickly, and soon thereafter, German forces occupied Denmark, Norway, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, and France. “At the end of 1941,” says The World Book Encyclopedia, “Nazi Germany dominated the continent.”" 

22 “They [Nazi arms] will actually profane the sanctuary, the fortress, and remove the constant feature,” said the angel. In ancient Judah the sanctuary was part of the temple in Jerusalem. However, when the Jews rejected Jesus, Jehovah rejected them and their temple. (Matthew 23:37–24:2) Since the first century C.E., Jehovah’s temple has actually been a spiritual one, with its holy of holies in the heavens and with a spiritual courtyard on earth, in which the anointed brothers of Jesus, the High Priest, serve. From the 1930’s onward, the “great crowd” have worshiped in association with the anointed remnant and are therefore said to serve ‘in God’s temple.’ (Revelation 7:9, 15; 11:1, 2; Hebrews 9:11, 12,24) In lands under his control, the king of the north profaned the earthly courtyard of the temple by relentlessly persecuting the anointed remnant and their companions. So severe was the persecution that “the constant feature”—the public sacrifice of praise to Jehovah’s name—was removed. (Hebrews 13:15) Despite horrible suffering, however, faithful anointed Christians together with the “other sheep” kept on preaching during World War II.—John 10:16.

Hello guest!
 (The obove quote)

But this is so wrong, Germany did not cause the profanation of the "sanctuary, the fortress, and remove the constant feature" in  USA. And the scripture is talking about arms not against nations like Poland but arms against the sanctuary, the fortress associated with the sanctuary and the constant feature or sacrifice.

Shortly, the WT should rewrite all the explanations to prophecies they have applied to the last 100+ years. And come up with the true explanations. 

Even most churches are wise enough to understand that the 1260 etc days belong to the final years before Christ Jesus' return. How stupid can the WT leadership really be?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Kosonen said:
5 hours ago, Arauna said:

or can you provide proof to the contrar

. I am sure that period did not occure during the Second world war as the WT explains. 

You please provide evidence to the contrary! 

2 hours ago, Kosonen said:

his predictions about 1914. The end of Satan's system. But he was wrong.

Oh dear - So the events of 1914 and the history just gets thrown out by an expert who is not truly an expert.  Sorry....  I am not arguing about this.   I know the history too well to be impressed by your aberrations.

What you guys do not realize is that the image of the beast has already started ruling behind the scenes and the devastation will soon be upon us when the UN (the image of the beast) openly does what it wants. 

Will  all the virgins have their lamps filled with Jehovah's spirit oil or will they have their own oil which does not burn and give light to them.......  and death dealing to those who listen to them.  (5 virgins are the anointed who were not ready) and war mongering because they cannot have the cake and devour it?

Thanks - but no thanks.....  I do not agree with you...  I think a generation can be 120 years.   The last generation in Noahs day was 120 years. ... and Jehovah compares the flood to the last days of this system..... 

Soon we will see the true face of Satan when his people openly start ruling the world.  Everything is already in place while 5 virgins are sleeping....

11 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

As a victim of child abuse myself

What justice did you get?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Arauna said:

You please provide evidence to the contrary! 

Hi dear sister Arauna, 

I understand that the information I provided overwhelmed you. At the meetings during 2 decades there would not be as much new light as I just posted.

And I see that you as all other witnesses feel very unsure about how to understand, let alone explain all the scriptures about 1260, 1290, 1335 days and 42 months and time, times and half a time.

I think you would appreciate what I wrote today if you first really tried to fully comprehend the WT literatures explanations. I know you will come into a dead end because those explanations do nor add up. But give it a serious try and pray Jeahovah to make you understand. And see if you will be able to understand. 

But a simple alternative  I will present here:

Daniel 12:6 “How long will it be to the end of these marvelous things?”.........“It will be for an appointed time, appointed times, and half a time.* As soon as the dashing to pieces of the power of the holy people comes to an end,+ all these things will come to their finish.”

11  “And from the time that the constant feature*+has been removed and the disgusting thing that causes desolation has been put in place,+ there will be 1,290 days.12  “Happy is the one who keeps in expectation*and who arrives at the 1,335 days!

Daniel 11:31  And arms* will stand up, proceeding from him; and they will profane the sanctuary,+ the fortress, and remove the constant feature.*+“And they will put in place the disgusting thing that causes desolation.+

Daniel 7:25  He will speak words against the Most High,+ and he will continually harass the holy ones of the Supreme One. He will intend to change times and law, and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.*+ 26  But the Court sat, and they took away his rulership, in order to annihilate him and to destroy him completely.+27  “‘And the kingdom and the rulership and the grandeur of the kingdoms under all the heavens were given to the people who are the holy ones of the Supreme One.+ Their kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,+ and all rulerships will serve and obey them.’28  “This is the end of the matter. 

So Aruna where do you see the 1260, 1290, 1335 days/time, times and half a time are placed in these scriptures? Is it not right before Christ's millenial rule?

• Haha 1

• Similar Content

• By Jack Ryan
      Victims of sexual abuse within Jehovah's Witnesses are still being thwarted by the denomination. That says lawyer Nico Meijering.
      He calls the abuse within the church "many times more dangerous for society and riskier than the average motorcycle club." The Reclaimed Voices Foundation is on Saturday afternoon at the door of the Jehova's Witnesses headquarters in Emmen. In 'a quiet and peaceful protest' against sexual abuse.
      Meijering, lawyer at Ficq & Partners Advocaten in Amsterdam, represents twelve victims of sexual abuse at Jehovah's Witnesses. Several victims want to inspect files that the denomination has about them.
      Child abuse within the Jehovah's is handled internally - if spoken about. Records of interrogations, with details and sometimes confessions, are retained.
      It's outrageous'
      Meijering appealed to the denomination several times - the Dutch head office is in Emmen - but comes to the conclusion that Jehovah's Witnesses do nothing but 'train and ignore'. That what has been submitted to information so far can not be called files.
      "It is outrageous," says Meijering. ,, We are sent with a clump in the reeds. This shows that Jehova's Witnesses do not want to cooperate at all. We are considering what we can do. They train and ignore. These are extremely precarious matters. "
      More than three hundred abuse cases
      Meijering also supports and advises the Reclaimed Voices foundation, co-founded in 2017 by Frank Huiting from Groningen, a victim of sexual abuse within the Jehovas.His foundation calls on victims to tell their story and says to have knowledge of more than three hundred abuse cases.
      At the Public Prosecutor's Office in the Northern Netherlands, two individual criminal cases are involved, the Public Prosecutor reports. She expects to be able to provide more clarity about this in the 'not too long term'.
      In the rest of the country there are at least seven other studies, in different regions. The OM emphasized at the start of these investigations, in August, that there is no criminal investigation into the faith community as a whole.
      Lawyer Meijering is surprised about this. "It is clear from all sides that it is a community that is particularly unsafe for young children," says Meijering.
      "That's why I do not understand why the OM only acts on the basis of individual declarations. We see that motor clubs are being tackled - I find the sexual abuse within this religious community many times more dangerous for society and riskier than the average motorcycle club. ''
      Investigation in connection with the motion in the House of Representatives
      Following ar motion in Parliament, the Research and Documentation Center of the Ministry of Justice and Security will start such a broader investigation. That report is expected in mid-2019, says a spokesperson.
      In the United States, a jury declared itself at the end of September in a criminal case against the Jehovah's Witnesses. The abuse of a 21-year-old woman by a member of the church order had been concealed for many years by order of the national church council.
      The society must pay the woman $ 35 million.
      A judge must still assess the punishment and the American Jehova's will appeal. But the jury's verdict was a signal to the church.
      Send a signal
      The Dutch foundation Reclaimed Voices, co-founded by Frank Huiting from Groningen, today hopes to send out a signal in a different way. Through 'a quiet and peaceful protest'. With a podium for victims to speak out.
      Just in front of the door of the headquarters of the Dutch Jehovas, in Emmen.
      'Reclaimed votes' is the literal translation of the name of the foundation.
      ,, What is still necessary to prevent and deal with sexual abuse? That's what it's about '', says Huiting, himself a victim of abuse. ,, It's about child safety. And not only in Jehovah's Witnesses, but in all closed communities. We are not looking for financial satisfaction. We want to give victims a voice and want the Jehovah's to open themselves up to external advice. "
      The fact that the Jehovah's are closed is apparent, among other things, from the refusal to provide information about abuse cases that have been dealt with internally.Reporting is almost never done.
      ---
      What do Jehovahs Witnesses say about this?
      The Jehovah's do not recognize themselves in the image that lawyer Nico Meijering paints of 'scandalous' opposition from victims of sexual abuse within the religious community. "In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, we provide access to the personal data that we have from the applicant upon request. Comment [from advocate Meijering] as you put it, therefore we are surprised, "reports spokesperson Michel van Hilten in a reply by e-mail.
      Three months ago he told this newspaper that the Jehovah's believe that there is no structural problem [of sexual abuse]. "We know a handful of incidents and reports of abuse per year," Van Hilten said.
      The Jehovah's are invited to be present at the protest, but 'prefer to have direct contact with individual victims who seek contact with us'.
      "Details of a recommended investigation by the House of Representatives have not been known to date. However, we have already informed the Ministry in advance that we are prepared to explain a few things. ''

source in Dutch:

• By Jack Ryan
      Jehovah's Witnesses will do everything to avoid having to comply with a declaration obligation for cases of sexual abuse. That experts conclude on the basis of new internal documents from the church, which are in the hands of RTL Nieuws.
      These are letters from the head office in America to departments in other countries. These letters discuss what needs to be done if a declaration is required in that country. The central management points out to the departments in the letters that they have to do everything they can to get out of such a duty to report.
      Jehovah's Witnesses are under attack because they do not report internal cases of sexual abuse to the police. The perpetrators are tried in an internal legal system, but receive no prison sentence or fine. The heaviest punishment is exclusion from the church.
      Church organization refuses to cooperate
      Reports are made of the internal legal cases containing details about the abuse and sometimes even confessions of perpetrators. MPs and victims of abuse have called upon Jehovah's Witnesses since the beginning of this year to share these documents with the police and judiciary. Until now, the church organization has refused that.
      The letters that RTL Nieuws has, show that a possible declaration obligation for sexual abuse in the Netherlands may have little effect on Jehovah's Witnesses, says Raymond Hintjes. He is chairman of the victim organization Reclaimed Voices. "Even if a declaration obligation is introduced, we see that the Jehovah's Witnesses will still try to get out of it through a deliberate action."
      Arrogant contempt for the rule of law
      Professor of criminal law Henny Sackers of the University of Nijmegen thinks the position of the church is shocking. "It seems almost a kind of arrogant contempt for the Dutch legal system, now that they want to do everything to prevent government interference, criminal government interference."
      Jehovah's Witnesses invoke the privilege of refusal when refusing legal aid. Clergymen do not have to testify under that right about what a believer has told them in confidence. Earlier, Minister Dekker (Legal Protection) wrote to the House of Representatives that it is not clear whether Jehovah's Witnesses may use the right of non-disclosure in this way. Dekker is now investigating whether it makes sense to set a declaration obligation.
      The documents that RTL Nieuws possesses can not be published because they may be able to identify the source.
      Originally posted in Dutch on RTL Nieuws

• By Jack Ryan
      Religious sect Jehovah’s Witnesses has refused to hand over documents to the public prosecutor in which an ex-member admits the abuse of a child, also member of the sect at the time, RTL Nieuws reports. Samet G, now 31, was a minor himself when the abuse of his 4 year-old niece started. The abuse continued until she was 14 and was reported to the police in 2015 when the girl and her mother left the Christian sect. A court in Breda last week sentenced G to a 9 months suspended sentence and a fine for the abuse but did not have access to the confession, which dates from 2011. G is appealing against his conviction.
      JehovahÂ’s Witnesses have their own internal committees which sit in judgement in cases of sexual abuse and do not involve the police. A record of these proceedings is made and kept. According to RTL, the public prosecutorÂ’s request for a copy of the confession was refused on the grounds that it would compromise the manÂ’s privacy and that, by law, clergymen, or in this case the elders, cannot be forced to reveal what has been told to them in confidence. Although there is doubt among lawyers that the JehovahÂ’s Witnesses elders can claim this right, the public prosecutor accepted the refusal, RTL writes.
      The sect also refuses to cooperate in an independent inquiry and, according to minister for legal protection Sander Dekker, it cannot be forced to do so. Abuse survivors According to Reclaimed Voices, an organisation that helps ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses members who were victims of sexual abuse, the minister needs to do much more. ‘If we can’t get the files via the courts we need politicians to act. Someone must force the Jehovah’s Witnesses to hand them over,’ the organisation’s spokesman Frank Huiting told RTL. CDA MP Madeleine van Toorenburg and other MPs have asked the minister to investigate if Jehovah’s Witness have the right to refuse access to documents that might shed light on a criminal case and slated the sect’s ‘culture of silence and cover-ups,’ RTL writes. Jehovah’s Witnesses are being widely accused of silencing victims of sexual abuse within the sect. The Guardian newspaper recently uncovered a case involving at least 100 victims who claim to have been abused.

Read more at
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Reclaimed Voices, a foundation set up in the Netherlands to denounce sexual abuse by Jehovah's Witnesses, received 46 reports of abuse in just a week's time. The number of reports is shocking, Frank Huiting, one of the founders and himself a victim of sexual abuse in a closed Jehovah's Witnesses community as a child, said to broadcaster NOS. 
      The foundation was launched just over a week ago, based on Huiting's own experiences. He was abused from the time he was seven year's old. When Huiting told his parents, they decided not to report it to the police. An elder in the community advised against it. "Then there will be headlines in the newspaper and we don't want that."
      According to the Reclaimed Voices initiators, victims within the closed Jehovah's Witnesses community are not heard and perpetrators are left to continue unchecked. Over the past week, foundation employees heard stories from a number of people who were abused by Jehovah's Witnesses. "The fact that so many reports have come in actually says enough. There are at least hundreds of cases in the Netherlands that should actually come out", Huiting said, according to NOS. He added that so many victims are too afraid to come forward.
      The main purpose of Reclaimed Voices is to be a listening ear. The employees urge victims to speak out, and hope that they also report the abuse. "People walked around with this secret for years. And the fact that they are coming out, can be a relief for them. That was also my experience. We also want to advise them to seek professional help. Also outside the religious community, for example with a social worker, psychologist or general practitioner", Huiting said.
      The foundation aims to collect as man reports of sexual abuse as possible and present them to the board of Jehovah's Witnesses Netherlands and the Dutch government. "We want to get the government to investigate these abuses. And not to start a fight, but really to focus on the victim."
      Earlier this year Dutch newspaper Trouw spoke to a number of people who were sexually abused as children in the Jehovah's Witnesses community. One victim described the religious society as a "paradise for pedophiles". 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
  • Who Was Online   106 Users were Online in the Last 24 Hours   (Most members ever online in 24 hour was 107, last accomplished on .)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ashlan
    Newest Member
    Ashlan

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.