The World News Media

Watchtower Article, "Crafty Promoters of Religion"

Witness

Through the following Watchtower article directed at Christendom, one can perceive the evolution of the organization’s teachings, leading to its present state.  It reveals a troubling story.  The Watchtower once, with confidence, claimed it would not only flourish and grow, but provide abundant spiritual food up to the time of Armageddon.  However, we find the opposite; not only visibly, but spiritually.  I hope you read it, as well as the adjacent comments made by today’s leaders of the Watchtower. I do hope you can discern the organization’s hypocritical stand that has completely emerged over time.  Revelation speaks of “demonic expressions” appearing initially as truth, yet growing into full-fledged lies.  It is a plague of destructive proportions “coming out of the mouth” of the dragon, the false prophet and the beast/organization.  It is compared to a flooding river that overtakes Christ’s “kings” under the New Covenant.    Rev 16:13,14; 12:12,15,16; Matt 24:39; Luke 17:27 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=+Rev+16%3A13%2C14%3B+12%3A12%2C15%2C16%3B+Matt+24%3A39%3B+Luke+17%3A27+&version=CSB

Rev 16:14 uses the word, ekporeuomai, meaning “which goes forth” describing it as -

“to flow forth, of a river; to project, from the mouth of one”.  This is in harmony with Rev 12:15, 16

Pearl Doxsey’s article “Earth Swallows Satan’s River” will give you a clear understanding of this spiritual deluge affecting God’s people during the last days. 

(4womaninthewilderness blogspot)

Watchtower, 1953/11/1 pp. 649-652:

“To promote better church attendance, Christendom’s religions today are using everything from lollipops to cowboy movie stars.”  

(!!!!   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QxDGtAsKFM   !!!!)

It continues:

“Why must the clergy now resort to crafty promotional schemes, even eye-catching antics? This inability to attract people by the message preached prompts the thought that there MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE RELIGIOUS FODDER dished out from the pulpit to Christendom’s pew-sitters. IF they are being served sound spiritual food, why should there be any lack of attraction, an apathetic flock? Could it be that there is a SPIRITUAL FAMINE in the land called Christendom?   But from the name Christendom ASSUMES, one may imagine that it has an ABUNDANCE OF SPIRITUAL FOOD.”

Not only do JWs assume that all in the organization are God’s Chosen witnesses,  (Isa 43:10; 1 Pet 2:5,9,10; Rev 5:9,10), they assume their leaders are “faithful and discreet”, able to provide life-giving spiritual food.  Matt 24:24; Isa 5:20-23; Matt 24:45-51  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isa+43%3A10%3B+1+Pet+2%3A5%2C9%2C10%3B+Rev+5%3A9%2C10%3BMatt+24%3A24%3B+Isa+5%3A20-23%3B+Matt+24%3A45-51++&version=CSB

Present day Watchtower, 2019 March pg 13:     “Jehovah is still speaking to us today. (Read Isaiah 30:21.) True, we do not hear God speak to us from heaven. He has, however, provided his written Word, the Bible, in which he gives us instruction. Additionally, Jehovah’s spirit MOVES “the faithful steward” to keep giving His servants their food supply. (Luke 12:42) WHAT AN ABUNDANCE OF SPIRITUAL FOOD we receive in the form of printed and online material, videos and audio publications!”    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isa+30%3A21%3B+Luke+12%3A42&version=NKJV

We have a new year of confusing teachings.  If God’s spirit “moves” the governing body to produce spiritual food, then indeed, they would be “inspired”; as “inspiration” influences, suggests, or moves an individual “to receive and communicate sacred revelation”, according to Merriam Webster dictionary.  However, two years ago, we were told this wasn’t the case.  (w17 February pp. 23-28) 

Back in time to 1953 – “Yet when the clergy open their religious larders, the only abundance that presents itself is that of book reviews, tricks of magic, jazz bands, bingo games, lotteries, masquerade parties, coffee-and-doughnut socials, gas-filled balloons, and the BUFFOONERY of circus clowns. So one may rightly ask, Has the spiritual famine foretold by God’s prophet blighted Christendom?—“Behold, the days come, saith the Lord Jehovah, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of Jehovah.”—Amos 8:11

Please remember, JWs, Amos’ prophetic words apply to Israel and their fall into idolatry. Amos 8:1,2,13,14 (Gal 6:16; Rom 2:29; 9:6) Since God’s word is consistent, it is not Christendom that He is speaking of, but of spiritual “Israel” – His anointed people under covenant today. (Gal 4:26) They have supplanted the true God with the Wild Beast/organization. Isa 43:11; Rev 13:1,6,7,4 Once again, God’s nation has fallen into idolatry.  They have allowed a Wicked Steward and its false priesthood to cut off the spiritual “bread” they would otherwise receive from their Master, Christ.  Matt 24:48-51; Rev 6:5-8  

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Amos+8%3A1%2C2%2C13%2C14%3B+Gal+6%3A16%3B+Rom+2%3A29%2C9%2C6%3B+Gal+4%3A26%3B+Isa+43%3A11%3B+Rev+13%3A1%2C6%2C7%2C4%3B+Matt+24%3A48-51%3B+Rev+6%3A5-8+++&version=CSB

Pearl Doxsey:  “When Rev.6:6 tells us, "DO NOT HARM THE OLIVE OIL AND WINE”; perhaps you know from my past writings about this... that "olive oil" stands for Holy Spirit which acts as fuel for spiritual enlightenment (Matt.25:7,8Heb.1:9Psalm23:5Zech.4:12,14Rev.11:3,4).
Under this plague (caused by the "Wild Beast"/"Man of Lawlessness" 2Thess.2:4), it RESTRAINS the partaking of HOLY SPIRIT and it's ENLIGHTENMENT[but allows ONLY ITS OWN SPIRITUAL COMMERCE, based upon lies (Rev.13:172Thess.2:7,10Amos 8:11)]. 

"Buying" is the acquisition of divine favor, guidance, stature, and instruction.
It is acquired by what one trades for it (or sells)...one's devotion, obedience, and honor (Rev.13:3,8).
Organized religion requires conformity and servitude to it's doctrines and leadership.
If you sell these away to men, they will give you approval and spiritual food.
This entire commerce is corrupt. All these things belong to Christ, and not to men, who exploit these things for their own glory and power. Who rightly owns our subjection and loyalty?
These should only be given to God and His Christ. (Rev.3:18Mark8:34,3510:21Matt.16:24)”

(“Daily Bread”)

Watchtower 2015/11/15, pp 24,25:  “The scope of the preaching work is remarkable. Our Bible-based literature is now published in over 700 languages. The Watchtower is the most widely distributed magazine in the world. Over 52,000,000 copies are printed each month, and the magazine is published in 247 languages.”

Remarkable?  Two years from such a confident claim, this widely distributed abundant food, is compared to an over-filled “tool shed”. 

Anthony Morris, during the 2017 Annual Meeting:

“We have so many tools to be used in the ministry it can be overwhelming and confusing, even to the best minds.  Our teaching tool box that we’ve emphasized in recent years, what happened, it became a huge tool shed.  A lot of you are nodding your heads.  That’s okay, it’s not disloyal, it’s true.”

Apparently, there is a limit.  Too much of a “good thing” has caused more harm than good. Eccl 12:11-14; John 7:16-18; 15:16   Morris admits it is confusion; which is the meaning of “Babylon”, the covenant promise of death the false prophet/Harlot of Revelation 13:11 entered into, when leaving truth in Christ.   Isa 28:14,15; John 15:4; Rev 9:1;17:5 Should the truth in scripture be confusing to teach?  Gal 1:6-9 ; 2 Cor 11:3   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Eccl+12%3A11-14%3B+John+7%3A16-18%3B+15%3A16%3B++Isa+28%3A14%2C15%3B+John+15%3A4%3B+Rev+9%3A1%3B17%3A5%3B+Rev+13%3A11%3B+Gal+1%3A6-9+%3B+2+Cor+11%3A3+++&version=CSB

To alleviate this over-abundant production of confusion, the governing body put their heads together and came up with a plan: 

Mr. Morris:  “In view of this, the governing body is adjusting the focus of our ministry.  You’re getting the message addressing these two problems.  We are one hundred percent with this unanimous, everybody in the department’s connected, are with it.  They can sense Jehovah’s spirit moving and this is what Jehovah’s doing.  It’s his chariot, he’s the driver.  So, here’s the adjustments.  Starting January 2018, there will only be three public editions of the Watchtower (pause and chuckle)  For those that are tied in and heard some expressions down front, couldn’t help it…Only three public editions of the WT and three of the Awake magazines, the whole year. Yeah, I’m excited too. (chuckling).  Uhh, I really am (chuckling).   And what’s beautiful about this, they’re gonna cover one subject in the whole magazine. Start to finish, see.  One subject.” 

Watchtower’s larder includes a vast amount rotten food, or “fruit”; discarded teachings that must be purged. The reduction of magazines may signify financial resources are also shriveling up.  Yet, think of the donations and service given by millions of JWs over the years which aided in filling this storeroom, only to see it come to naught. I would think an alarm would be going off in the minds of those listening to Mr. Morris choking on his own words.  Ps 36:1-4  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+36%3A1-4&version=CSB

“A good person produces good things from his storeroom of good, and an evil person produces evil things from his storeroom of evil. 36 I tell you that on the day of judgment people will have to account for every careless word they speak. 37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”  Matt 12:35-37     Luke 6:45; 1 Tim 4:16; Matt 7:15-20  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+6%3A45%3B+1+Tim+4%3A16%3B+Matt+7%3A15-20++&version=CSB 

Will JWs heed the warning signs of “famine” in the Watchtower? 

As a young woman who loved the outdoors, I took a wrong turn on a trail in a wilderness area in the far northern reaches of California.  I was hiking alone in beautiful surroundings; most certain I would be back home by the time the sun set. The trail I was on showed little use and eventually became indiscernible from brush growth. I found myself lost, confused and hungry for three and half days, making both right and wrong decisions in my determination to find my way back out.  I searched for anything that looked possibly edible; from berries to the questionable choices, along with water.  On the afternoon of the fourth day, I had found the proximity of where I believed I had left my car.  A family who happened to be the only people in the area, was finishing up their sight-seeing and thankfully aided my return home.    Although famished, my body wouldn’t accept any real food immediately, growing accustomed to the lack of food intake.    It took a while to gain ground and feel stable again, both physically and emotionally.   

I equate this experience in some ways, to God’s priesthood and companions in the organization.  They accept any food they receive from the Wicked Slave, under a regulated commerce of distribution by the elder body – Man of Lawlessness – that rules over the anointed Temple/priests. 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2; 13:7; Matt 24:15; 1 Cor 3:16,17  They are blinded to their own starvation as they continue to extend service to the organization’s needs. Ps 14:2-4; Matt 6:24; Rom 6:16; Gal 1:10  Their senses have become dulled, accepting any and all gleanings of spiritual food and “water” that is offered. Rev 8:10,11  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Thess+2%3A3%2C4%3B+Rev+11%3A1%2C2%3B+13%3A7%3B+Matt+24%3A15%3B+1+Cor+3%3A16%2C17%3BPs+14%3A2-4%3B+Matt+6%3A24%3B+Rom+6%3A16%3B+Gal+1%3A10%3B+Rev+8%3A10%2C11%3B&version=CSB

How long can any JW survive in such a spiritually harsh environment, no matter how beautiful and appealing it may appear?  When I left the Watchtower, I remembered again the experience of being lost in the wilderness; the disappointment, frustration and anger I felt for taking another serious life-altering turn; deeply regretting the many years of accepting whatever I was spiritually fed. Although emotions run high in those leaving the organization, many of us don’t realize our state of spiritual starvation. For those of us who begin pursuing authentic truth, we are conscience-striken, for our previous acts of idolatry against God. Ps 38:4-8;17,18,21,22; 2 Pet 3:9  We are keen to the need of spiritual sustenance, and endeavor to rebuild our spiritual resources, to become stable and confident in our faith toward God and Christ.  Ps 25:8-11  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ps+38%3A4-8%3B17%2C18%2C21%2C22%3B+2+Pet+3%3A9%3B+Ps+25%3A8-11++&version=CSB 

I consider my time in the wilderness a disciplinary learning curve, to take the necessary precautions for future outings.  Our time in the Watchtower “wilderness” can sharpen our spiritual senses, bringing them in harmony with Christ’s truths.  Deut 8:2; Luke 22:31; Dan 7:25; 12:7; James 1:1-4; Rev 2:10; 13:7,10 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deut+8%3A2%3B+Luke+22%3A31%3B+Dan+7%3A25%3B+12%3A7%3B+James+1%3A1-4%3B+Rev+2%3A10%3B+13%3A7%2C10&version=CSB

Pearl Doxsey:   “What then of the prophesied famine? (Amos 8:11)
This "famine" is not for literal food, but for the spiritual bread of our present discussion (Amos8:112Chron.15:3Ps.74:9Lev.26:26;Eze.4:10,11,12,13Rev.6:5,6)

Dan.12:4 tells us that in the time of the end, "many" will rove about seeking spiritual food, due to the famine 
(Rev.6:5,6,818:813:17Isa.55:2).  

But most will not find the bread of life (Dan.12:4Amos8:12,112Tim.3:7Rev.6:5,6Matt.7:13,14), despite the work of the faithful to provide the very "food" they themselves are receiving (Isa.65:13Luke12:37,42,43,44) from Christ (John15:15,4,5,8).  

(“A Hidden Famine, A Hidden Feast”) 

Let’s return to the Watchtower of 1953:

“With Christendom’s clergy having difficulty in attracting adult pew-sitters,  it was rather ironical when a church in Pacific Beach, California, asked parents: “Are you having trouble getting your children interested in going to Sunday School regularly?” If they did, there was an ecclesiastical side show to enkindle interest. Called Operation 333, it was a puppet show. However, a traveling Baptist minister uses the side-show technique in order to appeal to young and old alike. In his revival meetings he uses four wooden dummies and his art of ventriloquism. Now he finds it easier to attract and hold an audience.”

Caleb, Sophia and their parents, a creative “side-show technique”, has come to life in the minds of JW children; the brainchild of the governing body, or perhaps only the member in the group photo attached.  Keep in mind, these men declare themselves “faithful and discreet”, meaning faithful to Christ and his teachings by using God’s Word WISELY.  Prov 3:7;  Matt 24:5,4,24,25; 1 Tim 4:1  

(“Who are the Fine Trees?” – 4womaninthewilderness blog)

Wt 1953 – “Occasionally, an individual church awakens to the fact that its problem of EMPTY PEWS cannot be solved by CRAFTY PROMOTIONAL SCHEMES—temporary boosters at best—but that there must be a turning to a reliance upon the pure word of God.”  

As Anthony Morris compares the governing body with the early apostles distributing spiritual food, notice what he says in his Morning Worship comments on obedience:

“ As they (the apostles) traveled on through the cities they would deliver to them, all the congregations, for observance, the decrees that had been decided upon by the apostles and the elders who were in Jerusalem.  So these decrees went out and because of their devoting themselves to the MINISTRY OF THE WORD and prayer, did Jehovah bless them?” 

Yes, God blessed the apostles, because they spoke the word of God which was written on their heart and mind!  Heb 8:10 They supported and taught Christ’s truth from the Father.  Ps 12:9; Prov 7:2; John 7:16-18    Can the apostles who filled their minds and hearts with the pure teachings of Christ, and followed closely God’s laws, be compared to the makers of a side show, and who nurture their organizational idol?  Have the anointed who have entangled themselves in confusion, disregarded God’s laws inscribed on their heart for the ideas of men?   Jer 17:1-6; Rev 13: 1,2,5-8,11,14-17    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Heb+8%3A10%3B+Ps+12%3A9%3B+Prov+7%3A2%3B+John+7%3A16-18%3BJer+17%3A1-6%3B+Rev+13%3A+1%2C2%2C5-8%2C11%2C14-17&version=CSB

Morris declares:

“The decisions that are made by the “faithful slave” today are made collectively.  No one man is making these decisions; these decisions if you want to call them a DECREE, are made collectively.  So, when that DIRECTION comes out to Branch committee members, or when it comes out to the congregations; IF YOU WANT JEHOVAH’S BLESSING  ON YOU as an individual or family, certainly as an elder or congregation, it’d be best to just ask Jehovah to help you understand it, BUT OBEY THE DECISION.”

Decrees from men, that are spoken outside of God’s Word fulfilled in Christ, are decrees from a false prophet who directs the Wild Beast to enforce them. Isa 29:13; Matt 15:9; 2 Cor 11:3,4; Col 2:20-22; 2 Pet 2:1; Eph 4:14; 1 Tim 6:3-5; Rev 2:14,15; Rev 13:14,15   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isa+29%3A13%3B+Matt+15%3A9%3B+2+Cor+11%3A3%2C4%3B+Col+2%3A20-22%3B+2+Pet+2%3A1%3B+Eph+4%3A14%3B+1+Tim+6%3A3-5%3B+Rev+2%3A14%2C15%3B+Rev+13%3A14%2C15&version=CSB

Back to the Wt 1953 – “Because the land called CHRISTENDOM has COMMERCIALIZED God’s Word, Jehovah will pour out his wrath upon it: ‘I begin to bring evil ON THE CITY WHICH IS CALLED BY MY NAME, . . . And the slain of the LORD [Jehovah] shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth.’” (Jer. 25:29, 33)”   

Now, this claim is so far-fetched, that the WT doesn’t have the courage to address it elsewhere on their internet site in reference to Christendom, that I have found. The organization has gathered within it, spiritual “Israel”, (meaning “God prevails”), the anointed ones. They are His “House”, His dwelling – “New Jerusalem”. Ps 122:1-5; Jer 7:14; Micah 6:2;1 Cor 3:16,17; 2 Cor 6:16; Eph 2:20-22; Rev 21:1-5    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ps+122%3A1-5%3B+Jer+7%3A14%3B+Micah+6%3A2%3B1+Cor+3%3A16%2C17%3B+2+Cor+6%3A16%3B+Eph+2%3A20-22%3B+Rev+21%3A1-5+&version=CSB

Under covenant with Him, would they not carry His name? Jer 31:33; Heb 8:10; Isa 43:6,7; 1 Pet 2:5,9,10  If faithful, they will eternally carry the name of God.  Rev 2:13; 14:1 This is one of the more blatant, easy to catch lies if one cares to perceive it.  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jer+31%3A33%3B+Heb+8%3A10%3B+Isa+43%3A6%2C7%3B+1+Pet+2%3A5%2C9%2C10%3B+Rev+2%3A13%3B+14%3A1+++&version=CSB

“For I am already bringing disaster on the city that bears My name, so how could you possibly go unpunished? You will not go unpunished, for I am summoning a sword against all the inhabitants of the earth. This is the declaration of the Lord of Armies.’

“As for you, you are to prophesy all these things to them, and say to them:

The Lord roars from on high;
he makes  His voice heard from His holy dwelling.
He roars loudly over His grazing land;
He calls out with a shout, like those who tread grapes,
against all the inhabitants of the earth. Jer 25:29,30

Surely you can link the pieces together.  “Israel”, and those with them, receive a “shout” to leave the now “apostate city” for the sins they have committed, which has resulted in spiritual famine.  Rev 18:4-8 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rev+18%3A4-8&version=CSB

As stated by the article, catchy ploys are used to draw people into “Jehovah’s organization”,  just as Christendom is known to do.  While the organization is busy leading you to believe the end time preaching work is to Christendom, in reality it is to “the city that is called by My name”the anointed spiritual “Israel”.   Matt 10:23; 24:14; Rev 11:3  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matt+10%3A23%3B+24%3A14%3B+Rev+11%3A3&version=CSB 

FALSELY, the article continues to target Christendom and upbuild the “crafty promoters” of the WT:

“There is in the midst of famine-stricken Christendom an organization of Christians bringing to famished people the truth from God’s Word. It is the organization of Jehovah’s witnesses, the only group bringing the people the good news of Jehovah’s new world so near at hand. The message they bring needs NO CRAFTY PROMOTION, NO HELP FROM DEVILS, NO ENTICEMENTS. For Jehovah’s witnesses “are not those who COMMERCIALIZE or make gain [adulterators] of the word of God as many men are.” (2 Cor. 2:17, footnote, NW)”

Please read their sited scripture:  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Cor+2%3A17&version=CSB

Be true to yourself, JWs.  Empty pews, commercialism, buffoonery, reduction of spiritual “fodder”, all add up to the existence of FAMINE in the “city which is called by My name”.     Can you really draw confidence in the organization to spiritually feed you abundantly?  1 Tim 4:1,2  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Tim+4%3A1%2C2&version=CSB

Historic Israel and its fall into idolatry can be symbolized by today’s spiritual “Israel” worshiping the “image” of the Wild Beast/Watchtower organization. (Rev 13:14-17 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rev+13%3A14-17&version=CSB

Isa chapter 48 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isa+48&version=CSB

Or, perhaps you may want to listen here:  https://www.biblegateway.com/audio/suchet/nivuk/Isa.48

empty pews.jpg

caleb sophia morris.png

calebsofia.jpg

• Views 511
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Through the following Watchtower article directed at Christendom, one can perceive the evolution of the organization’s teachings, leading to its present state.  It reveals a troubling story.  The Watc

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.