The World News Media

ARE YOU A ROSE 🌹 OR A THORN 🥀 ❓

Bible Speaks

ARE YOU A ROSE 🌹 OR A THORN 🥀

🌹”I have brought you the rose of love, and you have crowned me, in these dark hours, with their thorns.”
Kristian Goldmund Aumann, The Seven Deadly Sins

🌹”But he who dares not grasp the thorn 
Should never crave the rose.
Anne Brontë

🌹”Some people are like thorns. But you have to let them be thorns, because thorns can't turn into petals. The trick is not letting them prick you; never let a thorn prick you!
C. JoyBell C.

🌹”If you don't feel the pointed things in life, you'll soon take the soft ones for granted.
John Everson, Cage of Bones 

🌹”I'd rather let you cover all my roads with thorns than with dead roses.
Nema Al-Araby

The Romantic Rose

Around the world, the rose (genus Rosa) is probably the best-known and the most appreciated flower. Besides the primary species, there are thousands of man-made hybrids. Since flavor is affected by such factors as soil and temperature, it is advisable to taste a petal of the rose or any other flower before you decide to use the flower as food. You will probably notice that the base of the petal is somewhat bitter. If it is, cut out that part, or if you are serving the complete flower, eat only the outer part.

The list of dishes that can be enriched by roses is practically endless. Try them in salads, maybe with some mild cheese and chopped nuts. Use smashed petals of red roses as an extra ingredient in your favorite sauce to add flavor and color. And what about giving your spaghetti the final touch of rose petals cut into strips? Roses will also enhance the flavor of ice cream and your favorite beverage.

BE A ROSE 🌹 NOT A THORN 🥀

DE4C18A8-B43D-4206-8D61-4653C771D0FF.jpeg

• Views 166
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.